IGNORED

Anything Still Possible?

Aipearcey

The only possibility I can see is possible survival, lets look at our requirements.

We have 9 points.

We need 50+points

We have 32 games remaining.

We need to average 1.4 points per game.

We could reach 44.8 + the 9 we have .

Giving us 53.8 points and hopefully survival.

Earlier this season, the forum suggested it was going to be a tough season and already the top 12 teams are 10 points + ahead of us.

32 matches....... we need 12 wins, 8 draws and consider 12 losses = 44 points

It has to be done or its league 1 and the new Messiah would be fully aware of the numbers.

For me, there is a big difference between dream/fear, hope and expect.

I ALWAYS dream we will get promotion until it is mathematically impossible - no matter how unlikely.... conversely I always fear ( at least a little) until relegation is ruled out

I Always hope that we will get to a respectable position, say mid table, at least

What I expect is more head than heart. I do expect us to avoid relegation and equally I expect we won't get promoted. Right now I expect we will turn things around, but it is too soon to say how well we will do so....

The only possibility I can see is possible survival, lets look at our requirements.

We have 9 points.

We need 50+points

We have 32 games remaining.

We need to average 1.4 points per game.

We could reach 44.8 + the 9 we have .

Giving us 53.8 points and hopefully survival.

Earlier this season, the forum suggested it was going to be a tough season and already the top 12 teams are 10 points + ahead of us.

32 matches....... we need 12 wins, 8 draws and consider 12 losses = 44 points

It has to be done or its league 1 and the new Messiah would be fully aware of the numbers.

Good analysis there. in answer to the OP though i would say yes, its possible. if we were to turn, for example, 3 of those losses above into wins and 3 into draws that would add 12 pts and give us 65 pts in total. Looking back through the seasons that is simply not enough to reach 6th spot and i doubt it will be this time but i can see the target being below 70 pts this time because we have 3 or 4 teams who will scoop up more points than normal imo. So, we will probably end up 4 or 5 pts short IF we hit the form rails now, a big ask for any team but not impossible, yet.

We can all play our part and help by remaining positive on and off the terraces.

All I'm hoping for is a couple of runs without defeat, 5 draws and 5 wins type of run. That would fill the squad with confidence and certainly keep us fans optimistic that City can avoid the drop.

As for the play-offs - next season maybe if we stay in the Championship.

It may seem like I'm getting carried away after only one win, but if we were to be as good as teams like palace and hull in the first 3rd of the season for the rest of the season is the play-offs possible?

Anything is possible, however the chances of us getting anywhere near the play off's is unlikely. Nevertheless having a little positivity after the gruelling and soul sucking start to the season we have had is not a bad thing, so keep the dream alive in your head my old son and remember to remind us all of this thread if we do get anywhere near it!!!

Believe!

All I'm hoping for is a couple of runs without defeat, 5 draws and 5 wins type of run. That would fill the squad with confidence and certainly keep us fans optimistic that City can avoid the drop.

As for the play-offs - next season maybe if we stay in the Championship.

A couple of 10 game unbeaten runs eh!! It would certainly help get us out of the shit your mate left us in !!

It may seem like I'm getting carried away after only one win, but if we were to be as good as teams like palace and hull in the first 3rd of the season for the rest of the season is the play-offs possible?

Wow, 1 win against poor opposition and "anythings possible"

If we come above 18th, I'd be amazed

A couple of 10 game unbeaten runs eh!! It would certainly help get us out of the shit your mate left us in !!

You must mean Johnson because he was the one who failed to strengthen the squad the season after the play-off final and that's when the rot set in That short-sightedness eventually cost him and Millen their jobs and was a significant factor in Coppell walking away.

You must mean Johnson because he was the one who failed to strengthen the squad the season after the play-off final and that's when the rot set in That short-sightedness eventually cost him and Millen their jobs and was a significant factor in Coppell walking away.

Well that answer was predictable !! GJ cost Millen his job :rofl2br: Nothing to do with Coppell's squad strengthening then ?!?!

You really need to rid yourself of your hatred for Johnson before it eats you up inside. If you think he is still to blame for where we are now , after the money Millen was allowed to spend on strengthening the squad , you must have a limited knowlede of the game. Surely you dont need me to remind you how many players he signed ?

Or is this the start of another campaign against a manager? I notice you and Red Robin have the same initials !!

For once you are right. this mess is mainly down to the lack of strengthening after Wembley, and is undoubtly the main reason Coppell bailed out. The board then ****** it right up appointing the useless Millen, despite seeing what novice managers did in the Tinnion era (of which he held a supporting role, as he did in GJ's era).

Neither Millen OR Johnson could attract decent players tyo the Gate, for whatever reason, and this seasons debacle was pre ordained, specially as we saw previews of it all last season.

Survival is the only priority. Anyone who thinks we can make a promotion run is highly optimistic. Battling results like yesterday will go a long way to ensure survival.

As long as we are outside the bottom four, before the last game, then thats a result. It will still take a couple of seasons at least to turn City into a promotion seeking side.

Del McInnes is the start we need to properly rebuild this club, from the ground up. Lets all hope the club take it in both hands.

NO - THE PERSON WHO WASTED 2 MILLION QUID ON WINGERS AND STRIKERS....

INSTEAD OF BUYING MUCH NEEDED DEFENDERS

Not forgetting playing players out of position, silly substitutions, ridiculous formations, falling out and alienating players (who are now playing their part) and an obsession almost on a par with your GJ fixation in believing that Elliott and Skuse could form an effective midfield partnership.

Well that answer was predictable !! GJ cost Millen his job :rofl2br: Nothing to do with Coppell's squad strengthening then ?!?!

You really need to rid yourself of your hatred for Johnson before it eats you up inside. If you think he is still to blame for where we are now , after the money Millen was allowed to spend on strengthening the squad , you must have a limited knowlede of the game. Surely you dont need me to remind you how many players he signed ?

Or is this the start of another campaign against a manager? I notice you and Red Robin have the same initials !!

Come on children. It is all in the past. No need to keep squabbling over stuff none of you have/had any control over anyway

Archived