IGNORED

Just Been Robbed Of £100 By A So Called City Fan...

Harito495

Wow, insane how people have jumped to conclusions without knowing all the facts, ready to burn his facebook page down, angry mob torches and all. I'd be amazed that he would leave info about his facebook, name, and give the lad his address if he was trying to con him. A situation that stinks of a misunderstanding, and I would be very surprised if the lad didn't get his money back or have the situation rectified in some other way, given how easily identifiable the guy made himself. OP, might have been worth tracking the guy down and seeing what the situation was yourself before putting it on the forum. Hope it gets sorted though mate.

Misunderstanding?

Tell me how else you get banned from football grounds.

"You're banned son, but we'll keep your ticket active." Not likely.

Misunderstanding?

Tell me how else you get banned from football grounds.

"You're banned son, but we'll keep your ticket active." Not likely.

True, not likely. but still, the guy who sold it might have genuinely thought the ticket would still be active. You nor me know this for sure. So the point is, as not everything is known about what happened, people are chiming up with "lets give him hell on his facebook" and making this guy out to be a conman is at this stage wrong. Innocent until proven guilty etc.

I hope you get your money back Harito but as Nibor suggests usually a season ticket is non-transferable and should say as such on the small print. If that is not on there, and I am sure a STH will put us all straight, then it darn well should be.

The lesson to be learned in life is that if something sounds too good to be true then 9 times out of 10 it usually is.

So, as we all know transferring season tickets is against the T&C's.

Why did the MODS allow the thread to remain on this forum?? It went on for days and days, different people asking questions about the purchase and offering money.

Very odd.

Not really. This forum is totally independant of the football club, so arent bound by any of the clubs policies?

Anyway... I'd give the guy a chance to explain himself before burning him at the stake...

Not really. This forum is totally independant of the football club, so arent bound by any of the clubs policies?

Anyway... I'd give the guy a chance to explain himself before burning him at the stake...

Trust me l couldn't give a damn about either party and have no interest in any explanations. It shouldn't have been bought or sold. Simple

I had to sign something today saying that I won't transfer my season ticket about. The people in ticket office seem to be quite strict on it. So I don't think they will sympathize with you to be honest. He still deserves a smack because he's sold a banned ticket to a 16 year old. Hopefully there has been a misunderstanding and you get down the gate and support the reds.

Hi All...

As you may or may not have seen Bristol Stu started a topic about selling his season ticket, stating he just wasn't interested enough & wanted to do other things with his time. So I thought for £100 this would be a good deal for both of us. So I agreed to meet him outside the club shop today, he seemed like a genuine lad, I checked the season ticket, it was infact this seasons genuine card..So I handed over the money. So all happy now I had my new season ticket, go to enter the ground when the steward questioned my age & why it was an adult ticket, I said I was 16 & that my mum had bought it for my birthday & got an adult ticket instead of an under 21 ticket. He seemed happy enough with this & just went to check with someone else (steward in charge) who spoke to ticket office or something when he said the name, they told him the ticket was banned !! So here I am now, £100 down & missing todays game. I know this is my own fault for putting to much faith in a so-called fellow city fan, thinking he may have just genuinely wanted to do something different on his saturdays. We all love money, your crazy if you don't but I would never even consider going to these lengths to get money. I am not looking for sympathy or even to be told I'm stupid as I know & feel it already, I just want to make you aware of how low some people will go for money ! £100 may not be alot to some of you, but on my part time 16yr old wage it seems a heck of alot...I'm just angry & frustrated (with myself more than anything else) & sad that I'm missing todays game....

Rant Over, Apologies for wasting your time

Harito.

So, as we all know transferring season tickets is against the T&C's.

Why did the MODS allow the thread to remain on this forum?? It went on for days and days, different people asking questions about the purchase and offering money.

Very odd.

Think that's a little bit unfair. When the topic first arose it was treated with suspicion thinking it may be a rovers fan taking the piss or somethig. As it happened after a few checks it was clear that it was a genuine post.

Now in hindsight yes maybe, but you learn lessons after the event in many situations. All tickets are non transferable and there are many occasions on here where people sell surplus home or away tickets.. We let them stay as long as they are face value or lower.

Hey...

Can I firstly Apologise to Bristol Stu !!!

Who was infact genuine & it was all just a big **** up !

Sorry for wasting all your time :( I just got majorly pissed off as I believed I had lost £100 from a fellow city fan...

Thanks all for your replies & could I please request this thread was closed as it is unfair on Stu ?

Kind Regards

Harito.

Think that's a little bit unfair. When the topic first arose it was treated with suspicion thinking it may be a rovers fan taking the piss or somethig. As it happened after a few checks it was clear that it was a genuine post.

Now in hindsight yes maybe, but you learn lessons after the event in many situations. All tickets are non transferable and there are many occasions on here where people sell surplus home or away tickets.. We let them stay as long as they are face value or lower.

Tomarse, thanks for the explanation around tickets sales on this forum. It seems l had wrongly assumed all tickets sales were prohibited on here. I was unaware of the face value or lower system adopted.

I wasn't trying to be unfair, so apologises I l conveyed such.

I actually think you guys and girls do a fantastic job keeping on top of the plethora of issues raised on here each and everyday.

REDHOPE

True, not likely. but still, the guy who sold it might have genuinely thought the ticket would still be active. You nor me know this for sure. So the point is, as not everything is known about what happened, people are chiming up with "lets give him hell on his facebook" and making this guy out to be a conman is at this stage wrong. Innocent until proven guilty etc.

But good old 'Stu' came on here saying he could no longer take the standard of football, as a reason for selling his ST...

Looks like there was another reason.

There is no 'grey area' on this.. Stu shafted the young lad and deserves everything he gets..

But good old 'Stu' came on here saying he could no longer take the standard of football, as a reason for selling his ST...

Looks like there was another reason.

There is no 'grey area' on this.. Stu shafted the young lad and deserves everything he gets..

no people i am not banned from the ground ,i think the club got wind of me offering the ticket and cancelled it ,, young haratio is getting his money back as i have spoke to him ...and please i would never knowingly shaft anybody as i know how it feels to be shafted ,,

no people i am not banned from the ground ,i think the club got wind of me offering the ticket and cancelled it ,, young haratio is getting his money back as i have spoke to him ...and please i would never knowingly shaft anybody as i know how it feels to be shafted ,,

I think I should be the first to apologise.. when this happens

Archived