IGNORED

Just Been Robbed Of £100 By A So Called City Fan...

Harito495

Hi All...

As you may or may not have seen Bristol Stu started a topic about selling his season ticket, stating he just wasn't interested enough & wanted to do other things with his time. So I thought for £100 this would be a good deal for both of us. So I agreed to meet him outside the club shop today, he seemed like a genuine lad, I checked the season ticket, it was infact this seasons genuine card..So I handed over the money. So all happy now I had my new season ticket, go to enter the ground when the steward questioned my age & why it was an adult ticket, I said I was 16 & that my mum had bought it for my birthday & got an adult ticket instead of an under 21 ticket. He seemed happy enough with this & just went to check with someone else (steward in charge) who spoke to ticket office or something when he said the name, they told him the ticket was banned !! So here I am now, £100 down & missing todays game. I know this is my own fault for putting to much faith in a so-called fellow city fan, thinking he may have just genuinely wanted to do something different on his saturdays. We all love money, your crazy if you don't but I would never even consider going to these lengths to get money. I am not looking for sympathy or even to be told I'm stupid as I know & feel it already, I just want to make you aware of how low some people will go for money ! £100 may not be alot to some of you, but on my part time 16yr old wage it seems a heck of alot...I'm just angry & frustrated (with myself more than anything else) & sad that I'm missing todays game....

Rant Over, Apologies for wasting your time

Harito.

Report the incident to the Police - the club have the season ticket holders details, worst case scenario, Police knock on his door but unable to do anything else about it, at which point you take him to a small claims court with the Police report :laughcont:

I did think of something along those lines, But I wasn't sure if they would do anything as it is against the clubs policy anyway ?

What a total c...t.

Did he show you any I.D to prove it was his in the first place?

Unfortunately no, one thing I forgot to mention is he put a receipt with his address on his the back of it in with it & asked me to send it back to him at the end of the season just in case he wanted to renew it...I know longer have it though because the steward said he couldn't give it back to me because it was banned. All I remember is Wells Road Knowle :(

Sounds like a case of criminal deception to me.Obtaining property or services by deception is clearly defined in law. Get in touch with the local police, print off all his postings and go and make a statement of complaint. In any case a very, very dirty trick if it is as reported.

Best of luck

My feelings are with you mate, at this current time especially 100 Quid is alot to lose, all you wanted to do is watch the city week in week out and this horrible **** has left you skint and without a season ticket to watch the reds.. I would follow this up with the club and the old bill though mate, you never know they may be able to do something.

I did think of something along those lines, But I wasn't sure if they would do anything as it is against the clubs policy anyway ?

He sold you something that he shouldn't have (he's the one with the season ticket with Terms and conditions, that was also cancelled/banned - I would say you had been scammed when purchasing something in good faith), yes you should not have tried buying it, but you were buying a 2nd hand item and your actions could be seen as just mis-guided whereas his are illegal. Report him, get his details and make him sweat....

Cheers all for the replies...

This is what I love about supporting a club, Doesn't matter if you don't know someone in real life you still take an interest or take the time to wish someone well...This is what I thought 'Bristol Stu' was doing but clearly not...But I will contact the police anyway, cheers for all your replies

Harito.

He sold you something that he shouldn't have (he's the one with the season ticket with Terms and conditions, that was also cancelled/banned - I would say you had been scammed when purchasing something in good faith), yes you should not have tried buying it, but you were buying a 2nd hand item and your actions could be seen as just mis-guided whereas his are illegal. Report him, get his details and make him sweat....

How do you report someone when you don't know his name? The club wont hand over the details either.

If what I have heard is true, I believe he actually sold you the ticket in good faith, and probably doesn't realise that you have lost your money. It is the PERSON who is banned from the stadium, and he almost certainly thought the ticket would still be active. Don't be too quick to judge him until you have attempted to contact him for a refund.

Unfortunately I doubt you will get your money back. The club are not obliged to give out the persons details so unless you hang around the road his address is in, I doubt you will see him or your money again.

i'm not so sure, if he has sold this ticket knowing it was unusable, that is probably against the law possibly fraud or theft.

I would go to the club first, explain the circumstances and find out what their policy actually is and the circumstances of the banned ticket and then the Police.

If what I have heard is true, I believe he actually sold you the ticket in good faith, and probably doesn't realise that you have lost your money. It is the PERSON who is banned from the stadium, and he almost certainly thought the ticket would still be active. Don't be too quick to judge him until you have attempted to contact him for a refund.

Unfortunately I doubt you will get your money back. The club are not obliged to give out the persons details so unless you hang around the road his address is in, I doubt you will see him or your money again.

Unfortunately I think your right....I'm gutted to have lost £100 but just as gutted to have missed out on our first win of the season, especially after going to the trouble to get the day off work etc. Just disgusted anyone could stoop so low for money, I love money but If I want extra I do what any good honest person would & get extra hours at work !!

Im sure they would if it was the police asking?

Anyway what a C***, needs a slap big time.....

Exactly this.

Seems mental that you're all giving this guy abuse without knowing the full story. Sure you feel robbed right now mate and you've got my sympathy for sure but why would he give you his address if he was trying to con you?

Not sure why he'd be banned though...

Archived