IGNORED

Fan Pressure Forced Km Sacking - Cs

myol'man

Nothing strange at all from reading that - and 'blames' is rather misrepresentative of the interview.

Whats strange is that it needed fans to be on millens back - when alarm bells should have been ringing when we lost 3 nil against ipswich and keef "did'nt see it coming"

Just the EP making mischieve imho.

The biggest comment is the last sentence here... Sexstone said: "Derek is young and hungry and he has done everything we expected of him so far. It is still early days and this is going to be a long, hard season, but we are confident we have made the right appointment.

"He's been busy working out what his best format is and it has worked well so far. That often happens with a new manager, but there is more to it. There is more organisation and direction than before and the players are responding to that.

Sexstone say's Milley was a good Coach, but it is obvious for all to see that 'New Blood' was needed.

If true... thank god for the fans. This comment summed up the mistakes this Club have made in the past...

"The parting of the ways with Keith was a very difficult decision to make because he had been very loyal over a number of years, was an extremely popular figure within the football club and a very capable coach.

We have been too loyal in the past imho.

Still find it strange that we haven't heard anything from Milley. Which is a shame. I don't think any City fan dislikes him, he was a loyal person to this Club, it just wasn't working anymore.

Utter bollox yet again, were the fans to blame for shite performances, poor tactics of course not Millen was taking us down and if the board couldn't see that then they are doing the wrong job.

Did you read what Sexstone actually said?

"But the biggest single reason was the fans turning against the manager. Clearly, Keith had lost the support of a majority of the fans.

When that happens, it makes it very difficult for any manager to continue in the job.

"Fans pay their money and are entitled to have their say and it was clear they were unhappy at the direction things were going in.

I can't anything remotely deserving of your 'utter bollox' comment. Common sense that the board should listen to the fans.

Did you read what Sexstone actually said?

"But the biggest single reason was the fans turning against the manager. Clearly, Keith had lost the support of a majority of the fans.

When that happens, it makes it very difficult for any manager to continue in the job.

"Fans pay their money and are entitled to have their say and it was clear they were unhappy at the direction things were going in.

I can't anything remotely deserving of your 'utter bollox' comment. Common sense that the board should listen to the fans.

Good job they did on this occasion

Just the EP making mischieve imho.

The biggest comment is the last sentence here... Sexstone said: "Derek is young and hungry and he has done everything we expected of him so far. It is still early days and this is going to be a long, hard season, but we are confident we have made the right appointment.

"He's been busy working out what his best format is and it has worked well so far. That often happens with a new manager, but there is more to it. There is more organisation and direction than before and the players are responding to that.

Sexstone say's Milley was a good Coach, but it is obvious for all to see that 'New Blood' was needed.

If true... thank god for the fans. This comment summed up the mistakes this Club have made in the past...

"The parting of the ways with Keith was a very difficult decision to make because he had been very loyal over a number of years, was an extremely popular figure within the football club and a very capable coach.

We have been too loyal in the past imho.

Still find it strange that we haven't heard anything from Milley. Which is a shame. I don't think any City fan dislikes him, he was a loyal person to this Club, it just wasn't working anymore.

The title of this thread is bollocks - CS is not blaming the fans, but simply saying they the feelings of supporters into consideration whilst making their decision, quite correctly. So why people are trying to put a negative slant on it is beyond me!

With regards KM making a statement, I suppose he simply doesn't feel the need to do so. We were bottom of the league, no home wins, onl;y one win all season, crowds dwindling and generally not looking atall good. For him to make any public statement, he would have to address and shoulder blame for much of this and whilst he is (I would guess) in a position where he is looking for work, it is best to let sleeping dogs lie and not bring the whole situation to national attention.

It would not surprise me that if/when he is settled into new employment, we might then hear something. I would also think it would go along the lines of..." of course i must shoulder responsability and the buck stops with me, but i do feel that several key players were not performing as you would expect them too and i do feel a little bit let down by certain members of the squad" And I would completely agree with him!

Whats strange is that it needed fans to be on millens back - when alarm bells should have been ringing when we lost 3 nil against ipswich and keef "did'nt see it coming"

We're really treading old water that's been done to death here, but in the Ipswich game along with a number of others we lost without being dominated in any way (except scoreline). The first truly woeful performance was the Blackpool game and given our league position that snapped it. I think after the Reading game the board could have acted, but having created so many chances in that game and been 2 goals ahead they may have thought it could have been a turning point.

We're really treading old water that's been done to death here, but in the Ipswich game along with a number of others we lost without being dominated in any way (except scoreline). The first truly woeful performance was the Blackpool game and given our league position that snapped it. I think after the Reading game the board could have acted, but having created so many chances in that game and been 2 goals ahead they may have thought it could have been a turning point.

Really?

The title of this thread is bollocks - CS is not blaming the fans, but simply saying they the feelings of supporters into consideration whilst making their decision, quite correctly. So why people are trying to put a negative slant on it is beyond me!

With regards KM making a statement, I suppose he simply doesn't feel the need to do so. We were bottom of the league, no home wins, onl;y one win all season, crowds dwindling and generally not looking atall good. For him to make any public statement, he would have to address and shoulder blame for much of this and whilst he is (I would guess) in a position where he is looking for work, it is best to let sleeping dogs lie and not bring the whole situation to national attention.

It would not surprise me that if/when he is settled into new employment, we might then hear something. I would also think it would go along the lines of..." of course i must shoulder responsability and the buck stops with me, but i do feel that several key players were not performing as you would expect them too and i do feel a little bit let down by certain members of the squad" And I would completely agree with him!

This is why it must be difficult for players and managers alike, to not let Personal conflicts effect their Professional decisions.

In any walk of life, if you have a difference of opinion with your Boss, it's hard to get motivated and work hard for him.

As we all know, the best Football managers, seem to be good man managers. Keeping everyone happy must be very hard.

This is why it must be difficult for players and managers alike, to not let Personal conflicts effect their Professional decisions.

In any walk of life, if you have a difference of opinion with your Boss, it's hard to get motivated and work hard for him.

As we all know, the best Football managers, seem to be good man managers. Keeping everyone happy must be very hard.

I'm not entirely sure if that is right - take Fergie for example. If you don't tow the line and do things HIS way, you get bombed out. End of.

They of course, are in the position where they can afford to effectively freeze out the likes of Beckham, Stam, Van Nistelroy etc and replace them with arguably better players.

Just another article span in a stupid direction, it was just as much of the boards decision as the fans.

"Obviously, it is a results-driven business and we felt we had to do something after the very bad defeat at Blackpool. We were at the start of a two-week break for international matches and we felt that, if we were going to do it, we would have to do it at that point"

I'm not entirely sure if that is right - take Fergie for example. If you don't tow the line and do things HIS way, you get bombed out. End of.

They of course, are in the position where they can afford to effectively freeze out the likes of Beckham, Stam, Van Nistelroy etc and replace them with arguably better players.

I'll have to disagree with you there mate. Fergie is a good man manager. He has to be, to keep so many ego's happy.

It's when players get too big for their boots and become a disruptive influence, which effects Team moral, that he gets rid of players.

No player is bigger than the Club.

Can you imagine being a man of his generation having to deal with the like's of Ronaldo?

When he sat with Bobby Charlton overseeing the Reserves, he would often discuss how to motivate certain players. Solsjar learnt a lot from him when it came to man management. A great thing to hear, was his explaination to a player when he was Substituted. He didn't let them stew on the bench.

The whole management Team at Utd were a joy to watch and listen too. Every player seemed to feel special.

I'll have to disagree with you there mate. Fergie is a good man manager. He has to be, to keep so many ego's happy.

It's when players get too big for their boots and become a disruptive influence, which effects Team moral, that he gets rid of players.

No player is bigger than the Club.

Can you imagine being a man of his generation having to deal with the like's of Ronaldo?

When he sat with Bobby Charlton overseeing the Reserves, he would often discuss how to motivate certain players. Solsjar learnt a lot from him when it came to man management. A great thing to hear, was his explaination to a player when he was Substituted. He didn't let them stew on the bench.

The whole management Team at Utd were a joy to watch and listen too. Every player seemed to feel special.

Yeah, all true. I suppose i was cherry picking a couple of examples. I think he gets in a strop and gets rid, rather than tries to mend peoples ways, but who can argue with his record and overwhelming majority of cases where he has man managed well with the likes of Giggs, Scholes etc.

Of course, no player is bigger than the club - but he has the massive advanage of players not wanting to be shown the old trafford door, as opposed to most other teams players who simply aspire to be there. That in itself carried alot of weight when trying to get things done "your way".

"When that happens, it makes it very difficult for any manager to continue in the job.

He should be careful bandying words like that about. What stands for managers also stands for chairmen.

Although Fergie gets all the head lines, it's the management and Coaching team around him that does a lot of work. I think that's why he has been so successful.

Also Bobby Charlton has a massive influence at that Club, and players find a little humility when they see what he has been through.

The players are given DVD's when they join, about the Clubs history, especially Munich. A lot of the Foreign players are unaware. It soon makes them sit up and take notice.

From adversity, that Club has grown strong. Whether you like them or not, no one cannot dismiss that.

No and No.

Whats the problem? I swear some of you on here could start a fight in a empty room!

I read it as a accurate assessment on how the board reached it's decision to replace Millen.

No where does Sexstone BLAME the fans! he simply explains that when the fans turn on the manager it makes the job near impossible and as a result untenable.

Spot on really.

What are you trying to say? Sexstone has nothing that controversial or outrageous. He's just saying how the decision to sack Millen was reached.

I don't think there is anything to controversial in what Mr. Sexton said either. The fact is we were losing, the fans were voting with their feet and their voices and the board had little choice after Blackpool.

Poor results get managers sacked and keeps supporters away/disgruntled.

So far so good with McInnes

Why the tabloid style thread title? Sexstone doesn't blame the fans at all, he describes the situation accurately and sensibly.

It's not even really the usual EP bollox, they've actually managed to write a report with substantial quotes in and fairly simple editorial.

Some people seem to want to moan about the club badly enough to just make up reasons to be upset?

Archived