IGNORED

Fan Pressure Forced Km Sacking - Cs

myol'man

Did you read what Sexstone actually said?

"But the biggest single reason was the fans turning against the manager. Clearly, Keith had lost the support of a majority of the fans.

When that happens, it makes it very difficult for any manager to continue in the job.

"Fans pay their money and are entitled to have their say and it was clear they were unhappy at the direction things were going in.

I can't anything remotely deserving of your 'utter bollox' comment. Common sense that the board should listen to the fans.

The inference is that had the fans not been so vociferous in their dissatisfaction he would almost certainly still be here and that is utter bollox.

So no mention of the fact that HE didn't do his job properly when appointing a successor to GJ. The vast majority of fans knew that although Keith is a lovely bloke he had no idea of how to make the next step forward for this club. Crikey ..... Just a thought is Sexton the weak link?

Listen folks , Sextons an idiot thank god he`s not really the chairman and is just a puppet,an overpaid one at that.

The past is past but he does`nt like being proved wrong , he also said the new manager would have to fit into the existing setup of coaches ,wrong again colin

So colin take your money and button your lip as you seem to suffer from foot in mouth disease

So no mention of the fact that HE didn't do his job properly when appointing a successor to GJ. The vast majority of fans knew that although Keith is a lovely bloke he had no idea of how to make the next step forward for this club. Crikey ..... Just a thought is Sexton the weak link?

It was Steve Lansdown who appointed Millen. Check your facts before you slag off our Chairman.

I agree with everything said in the artical,

The club could of sacked him earlier but since when have we really been a sacking club?

Sexpest gave Teflon time to turn it round infact he gave him more then the 10 games many people said to give him, he didn't and was sacked,

If he or lansdown was milan at wednesday or that idiot at peterborough we'd be on our 9 manager so far this season,

We got rid at he right time as we had time to appoint the right man which it looks like we have done (still early days)

He isn't blaming the fans as that shit title suggests he simply saying once the majority turns against you , you can no longer do the job,

It happened with Johnson Tinnion and Wilson before him, it will happen to Mcinnes in the future (unless he does a Sir Alex Fergison that is)

Its the life of a football manager,

Why the tabloid style thread title? Sexstone doesn't blame the fans at all, he describes the situation accurately and sensibly.

It's not even really the usual EP bollox, they've actually managed to write a report with substantial quotes in and fairly simple editorial.

Some people seem to want to moan about the club badly enough to just make up reasons to be upset?

OP here. Sorry about the misleading thread title, it was written in a bit of a hurry at work.

Just surprised that;

A; our Chairman needed to make these comments at this time,

and

B; he feels the need to say

"But the biggest single reason was the fans turning against the manager. Clearly, Keith had lost the support of a majority of the fans.

Surely the board should be proactive not reactive?

OP here. Sorry about the misleading thread title, it was written in a bit of a hurry at work.

Just surprised that;

A; our Chairman needed to make these comments at this time,

and

B; he feels the need to say

I agree with ColinS that once the manager has lost the majority support of the fans that continuing with them is untenable.

How would the board be pro-active?

Sack him earlier? That would look premature and knee jerky.

Identify a list of replacements/approach people before sacking the incumbent? That would be unprofessional.

Take some action to prevent the fans withdrawing their support of the manager? I'm not sure how they could do this.

Isn't it the nature of the situation that you have to react to the changing support?

I can see the point about "why publish this now?" but I don't think there's anything untoward or surprising in the comments ColinS makes.

I'm boycotting AG until he trims his eyebrows.

To be fair he does say that once the fans want a manager out the situation becomes untenable, which is true, and goes on to say that it was the correct decision.

EP stirring up shit for a change?

yes that is my thought. I don't think CS is blaming anyone but obviously some people are reading it that way. How can you blame someone for a good decision? Give them credit - yes

I'm pretty certain that Sexstone and the board had already started to doubt Millen's ability to turn things around. After all football is a result driven business and Millen's results were there for all to see along with City being the strongest team in the league.

The fans losing faith and voting with their feet was ultimately the final straw and the board acted.

Take a look at the Championship table when Millen was sacked.

Oh.

We were the strongest team because we were holding every other team above us?

As for all this idea that it was the fans' fault, I think it's a nice way to break the news gently to a manager that he has to leave. But not every time, surely?

When was the last time that the directors of this club actually said to a manager: "We are sacking you because you are not good enough"?

Why the tabloid style thread title? Sexstone doesn't blame the fans at all, he describes the situation accurately and sensibly.

It's not even really the usual EP bollox, they've actually managed to write a report with substantial quotes in and fairly simple editorial.

Some people seem to want to moan about the club badly enough to just make up reasons to be upset?

We were 5-0 down in Blackpol, bottom in the table. What was the alternitive?

Personally, I think Milley didn't get bad treatment from the fans. He hardly had weeks of Fans chanting for him to be sacked.

Yes, there was discontent on this forum, but we are a huge minority to the general City fan.

We obviously weren't winning and rooted to the bottom of the League.

My Gut instinct is that the board decided to get rid of Milley because fans were starting to speak with their feet.

It's purely about money and revenue. Controversial...but imho, the biggest factor to why Milley was dismissed.

Typical lets blame the fans but perhaps it was only the fans that could see that Millen wasn't up to the job, maybe he is a good coach, but once you lose the Changing room and the support of the Fans then has to be goodbye, and why wait until now to make the statements to the press.

Lets face KM just wasn't good enough.

I wish him luck for the future but our future is now with Dennis Mcginnis..

Typical lets blame the fans but perhaps it was only the fans that could see that Millen wasn't up to the job, maybe he is a good coach, but once you lose the Changing room and the support of the Fans then has to be goodbye, and why wait until now to make the statements to the press.

Who?

• Admin

If you ignore the editorial and just look at the quotes Colin says that losing the backing of the fans' led to the decision and then spends the rest of the time saying it was the right decision.

So a more accurate headline might be "Sexstone credits fans for pushing the club into action".

Cheers, that's a corker Grandad.laughcont.gifrofl2br.gif

To say that fan power cost Millen his job is very odd. Millen was the preferred choice of just 2% of Otib users in a survey carried out when Copout left.

The board ignored our concerns then so to give us the 'credit' for his firing a year later is garbage. The guy simply wasn't up to the job. Most of us knew that when he was appointed.

It took the board a year to realise their horrendous mistake and even now Colin won't admit he and SL got it wrong.

Why not just say:'We picked the wrong guy. We've learned from that and believe we've got it right this time.'?

To say that fan power cost Millen his job is very odd. Millen was the preferred choice of just 2% of Otib users in a survey carried out when Copout left.

The board ignored our concerns then so to give us the 'credit' for his firing a year later is garbage. The guy simply wasn't up to the job. Most of us knew that when he was appointed.

It took the board a year to realise their horrendous mistake and even now Colin won't admit he and SL got it wrong.

Why not just say:'We picked the wrong guy. We've learned from that and believe we've got it right this time.'?

I'm sorry, the guy kept us up (comfortably) after the Coppell fiasco. Give him the credit for that at least.

It was time to go, but you're essentially doing (On a much lesser scale of course) what Robbored does when he talks about GJ, completely ignoring the good bits.

Archived