IGNORED

Can Mcinnes Change Maynard's Mind?

Robbored

Or not, since it would probably be a breach of the Data Protection Act. His house might be for sale but his right to privacy isn't.

If someone put a link to house sale advert on here then it wouldn't break dpa. It would however break one or 2 other laws though.

The data protection act will only be broken if the estate agent put on the ad that it was maynards house without his say so.

1321210794' post=1466964']

If someone put a link to house sale advert on here then it wouldn't break dpa. It would however break one or 2 other laws though.

The data protection act will only be broken if the estate agent put on the ad that it was maynards house without his say so.

What laws would it break? It's just a link to publicly accessible information. I frequent other forums and one in particular is all about houses - they have links to rightmove all the time.

What laws would it break? It's just a link to publicly accessible information. I frequent other forums and one in particular is all about houses - they have links to rightmove all the time.

Not sure of the exact law/act but media outlets have got done in the past for publishing addresses when they had no reason to. I think the person, in this case young nicky, would have to prove that it didn't need to be made public and by doing so has caused him some aggro.

Delboy should ask derren brown to have a word with maynard, could change his mind?

Personally just hope he pisses off asap, as we could find ourselves in the same position with Pitman as we were with Henderson and look how that ended up. Maynard aint going to cut it in the Prem unless he improves drastically and if he thinks otherwise then he's just kidding himself. We don't want Pitman getting disillusioned with life at the Gate and clear off as well.

Players like Brett Pitman are our future and as NM clearly isn't signing any contract and isn't exactly in a rich vein of form (1 in 14 isn't it?) let him get splinters in his arse on the bench and let's see how much interest there will be in him then. We aren't going to get anything back for him when he runs his contract down, and nobody is likely to be interested in Jan on current form, so it really isn't doing us any good putting him in 'the shop window' by playing him.

I got bored of the will he sign saga months ago and I really hate seeing players disrespect the club we love. We know what Maynard is capable of and he's falling very far short of that standard at present. Surely we should be playing Brett up front, as he seems to deliver virtually every time he plays.

A sensible and honest post Brizzle.

If Maynard thinks he us to good for us then let him go and find for himself that the grass isn't greener. I genuinely believe he's not good enough for the prem and don't see ANY offer from a team in that league any time soon.

So sad that players get greedy and put the clubs that got them to where they are over a barrel and try and f### em over.

On personal level I couldn't give two hoots about Nicky Maynard and actually think getting him out our club ASAP will be beneficial to the bigger picture.

We've got to look long term now with Del in charge ... He needs to build a team starting now ready for safety this season and a push for playoff next season ... If NM isn't going to commit to the club and let's face it he isn't commanding a place in the team with un droppable performances , then pitman has to come in now and build his confidence and player knowlege, rather than thinking he's playing second fiddle to a Maynard, who doesn't want to be here, won't be here next season and isn't playing at the level we know he can .... It's a shame as Maynard has been class for us and I can understand he wants security for his family and a big pay day ... However I support Bristol City not Nicky Maynard's future (unless it's with us)

it's imperative we try and recoup some return for him in January ...

it's imperative we try and recoup some return for him in January ...

On his current form and the fact he's a free agent in the summer I can't see any sensible offers for the lad in January , you may get a silly offer from a championship club but Maynards already said he isn't moving sidewards.

This is why I want the club to take more control as maynard seems to be doing as he pleases at the moment.

Not sure of the exact law/act but media outlets have got done in the past for publishing addresses when they had no reason to. I think the person, in this case young nicky, would have to prove that it didn't need to be made public and by doing so has caused him some aggro.

The sale of a house is public information. Nicky Maynard's address is private information. Divulging the link without his permission would breach DPA.

The sale of a house is public information. Nicky Maynard's address is private information. Divulging the link without his permission would breach DPA.

So putting a link to Rightmove where his house might be up for sale would be fine as long as you didnt put the address with it?

So it would be obvious what the address would be but as long as you didnt actually publish the information then that would be fine.

Only if the vendor divulged the information given by the party. In this instance the party hasn't given his address to the forum or the poster. The poster would just happen to know his address.

Is he worth 20 grand a week is another question. Not IMHO...

Definitely not - and that's one of the lower estimates I've heard of what he's been offered.

For Bristol City to consider paying any one player 1M+ is shocking and insupportable.

Like others I hope Maynard moves on asap and any fee, plus the great savings made by not paying these outrageous wages, can be put to good use by McInnes to shape his own team.

There's no need for McInnes to demean himself by trying to persuade NM to stay, and I doubt that he will, especially when he is aware there is such an able replacement in BP ready to take his place.

Definitely not - and that's one of the lower estimates I've heard of what he's been offered.

For Bristol City to consider paying any one player 1M+ is shocking and insupportable.

Like others I hope Maynard moves on asap and any fee, plus the great savings made by not paying these outrageous wages, can be put to good use by McInnes to shape his own team.

There's no need for McInnes to demean himself by trying to persuade NM to stay, and I doubt that he will, especially when he is aware there is such an able replacement in BP ready to take his place.

Thankfully McInnes seems to understand football and rates Nicky highly. He offers more to the team than Brett does. I don't think Brett has the all round game to play up top on his own as he lacks pace and acceleration.

Brett is a bloody good option to have next to Maynard if we need to go 2 up top but Nicky is the best striker we have and McInnes has clearly already seen that as Maynard has started every game since he came here.

A lot of fans have decided they no longer like Maynard and are using that as some sort of justification for not rating a player who is clearly amongst the best in our squad. That's quite sad really...

Thankfully McInnes seems to understand football and rates Nicky highly. He offers more to the team than Brett does. I don't think Brett has the all round game to play up top on his own as he lacks pace and acceleration.

Brett is a bloody good option to have next to Maynard if we need to go 2 up top but Nicky is the best striker we have and McInnes has clearly already seen that as Maynard has started every game since he came here.

A lot of fans have decided they no longer like Maynard and are using that as some sort of justification for not rating a player who is clearly amongst the best in our squad. That's quite sad really...

I agree with this. Another scapegoat because he may want to further himself and get the best deal for himself like anyone else would he gets called names and hounded.

Its in the best interests of this football club that the guy is supported until he leaves, a player without the fans on his back will play alot better than a player with the fans on his back.

And one thisng that can never be said about him is that he doesn't put the effort in. This has been banded about this forum for weeks, yes he may not have been playing particularly well, but the usual effort levels we see from Maynard are still there.

I wouldn't say Pitman was better or worse than Maynard, their games are totaly different. Pitman is definately a more natural finisher than Maynard, he doesn't need time to take a touch and look where he is going to hit it like Maynard, bang he hits it first time whereas Maynard can some times dither and alow a defender to get back at him.

Maynard made an interesting comment at the end of the game, asked why the turn around in fortunes, he replied "we no longer rely on playing a long ball game" or something along those lines. Could this be a reason he hasn't looked like signing, he didn't like the direction we were heading?.

He certainly didn't fill me with confidence with the passion when talking about the club, but he certainly seemed to acknowledge that things have changed.

I for one thought he should just sign up when an offer didn't come in for him, but we need to remember that players have only a matter of years at the top of their game, if he has any ambition to play for England, he can't afford to be sat in a team who don't play to his strengths.

He certainly didn't fill me with confidence with the passion when talking about the club, but he certainly seemed to acknowledge that things have changed.

I for one thought he should just sign up when an offer didn't come in for him, but we need to remember that players have only a matter of years at the top of their game, if he has any ambition to play for England, he can't afford to be sat in a team who don't play to his strengths.

of course but he also needs to know the next move is the correct one and so far he seems to have got that right, but we also need to be mindful of keeping Pitman happy as well, replacing Maynard will be difficult replacing them both almost impossible.

Maynard made an interesting comment at the end of the game, asked why the turn around in fortunes, he replied "we no longer rely on playing a long ball game" or something along those lines. Could this be a reason he hasn't looked like signing, he didn't like the direction we were heading?.

Seemed a strange, and pretty forward comment. Perhaps he had a fall out with KM but get's on better with Del and his tactics...

opps I've just accidentally written one of next week's BEP backpages... :innocent06:

I think he may stay but with a higher wage around 20,000 which teams like southampton and say wigan and everton and qpr will offer no more...but if he puts a realistic min transfer fee clause say 6/7millon for only pream teams.I see no reason why he shouldn't sign.and that no reason we wouldn't want to sign...he seems more postative recently about it.why lose him on a free and have to spend 3 millon on a new player.might aswell pay 1mill a season to him. Cheaper option aswell.

http://www.thisisbri...tail/story.html

Personally I don't care either way. If Maynard signs a new deal then fine. If he doesn't then that's a shame because City would lose out financially if he sees his contract out. Imo City have a very capable replacement in Pitman.

The other question is - does McInnes want to keep Maynard?

Think DM will keep Maynard. When NM get the right passes he is an classplayer. Our best goalscorer, really hope that we can keep him.

Interesting comment by Maynard in post match interview with Sky he said we have changed our way of playing, not lumping the ball forward now with a bit more luck he could of had four today made some great runs today, he will get 10 before Christmas people laughed at me when i said he will get that three weeks ago, we our getting Killkenny in areas now where he can play that killer ball to Maynard as for Albert that guy is going a long way in the game.

What a misguided and ill- considered assessment.....................whats wrong with paying an outstanding player what he's worth.........it's simplistic, because he will just go elsewhere, instead of possibly firing the goals that could take us to the Premier League, and that my friend is worth many millions of pounds. And I shouldn't worry about Mcinnes demeaning himself.....I'm sure Nickys on his Christmas card list.

Archived