IGNORED

Can Mcinnes Change Maynard's Mind?

Robbored

From the reporter who was covering the game for TalkSport

http://twitter.com/#!/tobygilles/status/138289746022641664

I would literally falll over laughing if that were true! I'm in what I think is the miniority on here though - I'd love to see him stay. If he can keep a run of form and get goals this season. If he's here next season, that's a bonus to me - If he can still be a top performer.

I would literally falll over laughing if that were true! I'm in what I think is the miniority on here though - I'd love to see him stay. If he can keep a run of form and get goals this season. If he's here next season, that's a bonus to me - If he can still be a top performer.

I'd love him to be here regardless because he has already proven that he is a bloody good striker. He brings a lot to our game other than goals too, which seems to go completely unnoticed by our support at times.

Numerous occasions today he pressed up on the keeper or defender and forced a mistake which gave us the ball back. I love Pitman, believe me, but he doesn't have the same "defend from the front" mentality as Nicky.

He was back to his best today, and since Del has come in he has looked progressively better with each game. I don't think it's a ridiculous assumption to think that Maynard is about to embark on one of his goalscoring spells.

:bounce:

I'd love him to be here regardless because he has already proven that he is a bloody good striker. He brings a lot to our game other than goals too, which seems to go completely unnoticed by our support at times.

Oh yes that as well, but I wanted to keep my post short and sweet wihout going into the fact he's already "proven" at this level. :D

What a misguided and ill- considered assessment.....................whats wrong with paying an outstanding player what he's worth.........it's simplistic, because he will just go elsewhere, instead of possibly firing the goals that could take us to the Premier League, and that my friend is worth many millions of pounds.

NM may be worth 20-25k. per week to a club for whom money is no object and that can genuinely afford it, Bristol City on the other hand are facing the prospect of stringent squad and overall wage reductions, so we are clearly not one of them.

Maynard probably feels he has simply outgrown Bristol City and there are better prospects for him elsewhere, and despite DM making all the right noises in public I expect both are aware their professional relationship is likely to be a short one.

His eye catching performance in front of the Sky cameras today not only makes it more likely he will get his desired move in the next couple of months, but also thankfully enhances the fee City are likely to get for him.

By the way, we're doing much better at the moment but I wouldn't worry too much about promotion, we're still in a relegation place and as things stand we'll still do well just to survive in this league this season.

Archived