IGNORED

Can Mcinnes Change Maynard's Mind?

Robbored

http://www.thisisbri...tail/story.html

Personally I don't care either way. If Maynard signs a new deal then fine. If he doesn't then that's a shame because City would lose out financially if he sees his contract out. Imo City have a very capable replacement in Pitman.

The other question is - does McInnes want to keep Maynard?

http://www.thisisbri...tail/story.html

Personally I don't care either way. If Maynard signs a new deal then fine. If he doesn't then that's a shame because City would lose out financially if he sees his contract out. Imo City have a very capable replacement in Pitman.

The other question is - does McInnes want to keep Maynard?

Are you saying that you don't care if we lose out to the tune of £5 million if he fails to sign a contract extension and goes for nothing in the summer?

I think he is bound to "want" to keep him, I would imagine it is out of his control and Maynard already has made his mind up. Probably gone in January, that is of course if anyone wants him.

Pitman is a good replacement, but no back-up for injuries and suspensions other than Stead? Our promising younsters appear to be midfield or defensive players.

I think he is bound to "want" to keep him, I would imagine it is out of his control and Maynard already has made his mind up. Probably gone in January, that is of course if anyone wants him.

Pitman is a good replacement, but no back-up for injuries and suspensions other than Stead? Our promising younsters appear to be midfield or defensive players.

What 'promising youngsters' ? :laughcont:

Aaron Amadi-Holloway and Joe Bryan are probably the only decent 2 that will make it at this level

Are you saying that you don't care if we lose out to the tune of £5 million if he fails to sign a contract extension and goes for nothing in the summer?

If you read the article it says that ultimately its up to the player and he may well decide to see out his contract for the reason's mentioned and who could blame him?

Frankly I'm fed right up with all the ''will he, won't he'' saga. Maynard's house is for sale in Portzed. Its possible he's looking for something bigger locally now he has a young 'un but it may well mean that he knows something that we don't, such as he's off in January and its already set up. If he does go then Pitman will fill his boots.

If you read the article it says that ultimately its up to the player and he may well decide to see out his contract for the reason's mentioned and who could blame him?

Frankly I'm fed right up with all the ''will he, won't he'' saga. Maynard's house is for sale in Portzed. Its possible he's looking for something bigger locally now he has a young 'un but it may well mean that he knows something that we don't, such as he's off in January and its already set up. If he does go then Pitman will fill his boots.

You said, "Personally I don't care either way".

I'm surprised that you don't care if he goes for nothing.

I care, as I don't want the club to lose £5million pound (or whatever his current value is).

Wont go in jan unless a prem/soon 2 be promoted side r in for him.....the power lies with the player, not the clubs chasing him

Chances are if a top team doesnt come in for him in january then he will reject all offers and wait til the summer, where he will ger better offers with a higher wage...

It is potentially worth a lot more to Nicky Maynard to see out his contract and take a fat signing on fee somewhere else than sign a contract extension.

Given that City's offer seems unlikely to be withdrawn (something I would have hoped would have happended, at least until he'd bloody well earnt it), he is in a no lose situation, and will doubtless hedge his bets (as would most of us).

NM is worth no more or no less to Bristol City than his contribution over the rest of this season.

(PS I do think it would have been the honourable thing to do for him to sign a year extension given that is what we lost from his contract due to his injury).

Cheers.

How do you know that RR?

Live that way?

Haven't been bothered to read through this thread, so apologies if this flies in the face of previous answers, but I would say "NO"...

...and even if he can, he shouldn't.

Nicky Maynard is a player of great talent. It says everything that his house is up for sale at apparently the same time that he has 'lost his form'.

Get rid.

And quickly.

Before Pitman walks out.

It's up to NM, his agent and what he feels his right for his family, i have always backed him on this site if he does the walk away for nothing to get a massive sign on fee i will never respect him again but again at the moment i feel there are a few more strikers playing in our division who clubs will be looking at more closely, it works both ways.

It's up to NM, his agent and what he feels his right for his family, i have always backed him on this site if he does the walk away for nothing to get a massive sign on fee i will never respect him again but again at the moment i feel there are a few more strikers playing in our division who clubs will be looking at more closely, it works both ways.

Why? You can't criticise a bloke for wanting the best financial deal for himself and his family and if that means walking away on a free next summer with all the advantages that brings then fair enough.

Apparently Maynard didn't want to talk to Leicester when they came knocking in the summer. Maybe its been his plan all along to see his contract out.

Walk away the medical staff, who brought him back too be fully fit, who did he run too after his first goal when back the medical staff, who gambled paying over the odds when we bought him off Crewe, if he leaves us without us making money and putting him in the shop window he is a desc race. I don't know what's happening here hope with the new manager he can make this happen, time will tell.

Walk away the medical staff, who brought him back too be fully fit, who did he run too after his first goal when back the medical staff, who gambled paying over the odds when we bought him off Crewe, if he leaves us without us making money and putting him in the shop window he is a desc race. I don't know what's happening here hope with the new manager he can make this happen, time will tell.

There's no sentiment in football and very little loyalty. The bottom line is that money rules and if Maynard does see his contract out and sign on somewhere else he may feel a little guilty about leaving City without a penny but he'd feel a lot better when he sees his accountant and reads his bank statement.

There's no sentiment in football and very little loyalty. The bottom line is that money rules and if Maynard does see his contract out and sign on somewhere else he may feel a little guilty about leaving City without a penny but he'd feel a lot better when he sees his accountant and reads his bank statement.

If this is the case i feel he will go down in people's thinking, it those look like it is the way it's going on, if this is the case drop him play Pitman? , or use him and hope he get's five goals between now and Jan to help us climb the league what do you think?

get rid asap! all this uncertainty of maynard signing a contract will affect the camp and will cause problems between the players. I think for the best of the club and nicky, is that he goes.

i would put pitman up front and keep maynard on bench. pitman will score just as many as maynard and holds it better , maynard wont commit so pitman is the choice. dont blame maynard money is his goal fair enough.

also dont think maynards control is up to prem he is pretty one dimensional to me, i cant see prem clubs paying out 4 or 5 million, but would take a chance on a free agent, so let him go , its clubs fault for letting contract run down.if they had put it to him a year and half into his old one he probably would have jumped at it ,i know he was injured but you tie up your best players.

get rid asap! all this uncertainty of maynard signing a contract will affect the camp and will cause problems between the players. I think for the best of the club and nicky, is that he goes.

I dont think it will affect the camp at all, they probably understand why he hasn't committed.. I trust Del to find an adequate replacement.

Or not, since it would probably be a breach of the Data Protection Act. His house might be for sale but his right to privacy isn't.

A property for sale is public domain info, wouldn't breah DPA..No good trying to sell a house and not letting anybody have the details of said premises is it?

Archived