IGNORED

Killa Today

allyolly

Nicky and Albert were a class about anything else on the pitch so no qualms in the award going in either of their directions.

Kilkenny is improving, which is fantastic. It seems that unlike Keith, Del is playing a formation that gets he best out of players in important positions.

I still have a few reservations regarding Kilkenny as I think he slows us down when we need to be quick and then when he should be slowing down he tends to rush. Odd criticism but sometimes we have the chance to break and he stops us playing and then when he doesn't have many options he tries a wonder ball instead of just holding it a couple more touches.

Positive signs throughout the squad though. Feeling good about football for once!!

I still have a few reservations regarding Kilkenny as I think he slows us down when we need to be quick and then when he should be slowing down he tends to rush. Odd criticism but sometimes we have the chance to break and he stops us playing and then when he doesn't have many options he tries a wonder ball instead of just holding it a couple more touches.

Positive signs throughout the squad though. Feeling good about football for once!!

I agree, he can at times slow down play by hanging on to the ball too long or by a backwards or sideways pass but its all about making the right decisions with the ball at yer feet. That said, I can only remember him doing that twice yesterday and overall he was excellent. Moving him up the pitch was an obvious thing to do but unfortunately Millen couldn't see it. Wood for the trees and all that.

Kilkenny is a key player. We will be ****** if he got injured. He is simply the heartbeat of our team.

Don't think that slowing down the game is a bad thing. Keeping the ball for longer periods

has been essential to our revival.

100% agree, keeping possession and not giving the ball away cheaply has been one of the things we have clearly worked on, the 1st goal yesterday was down to keeping hold of the ball and playing in Maynard.

Maynard said as much in his interview, 'were no longer just hoofing the ball'

I agree, he can at times slow down play by hanging on to the ball too long or by a backwards or sideways pass but its all about making the right decisions with the ball at yer feet. That said, I can only remember him doing that twice yesterday and overall he was excellent. Moving him up the pitch was an obvious thing to do but unfortunately Millen couldn't see it. Wood for the trees and all that.

To be fair though, if he always played the right pass at the right time he'd be playing for a better team than City! I thought he was excellent yesterday, but Nicky, Albert, Pearson, Fonts and Skuse were all excellent. Can't believe Killkenny is the same player as under Millen, playing a different role he looks a completely different player

Consider that Killa has been away with the Aussie team on the other side of the world. Covered plenty of miles in the air and covered a heap of ground against Millwall.

He was popping up all over the pitch. More importently he was putting in slide rule passes for Albert and Maynard to run onto. The point being the timing was usually perfectly in sync with the runs into the channels.

The only time he slowed the play was when the pass was not on, you dont always go for the impossible ball, sometimes you have to keep possession and wait for a forward player getting onto space.

Albert and Maynard , both covered a heap of ground, however their great performances were indicative of Killa's sterling supporting role.

Consider that Killa has been away with the Aussie team on the other side of the world. Covered plenty of miles in the air and covered a heap of ground against Millwall.

He was popping up all over the pitch. More importently he was putting in slide rule passes for Albert and Maynard to run onto. The point being the timing was usually perfectly in sync with the runs into the channels.

The only time he slowed the play was when the pass was not on, you dont always go for the impossible ball, sometimes you have to keep possession and wait for a forward player getting onto space.

Albert and Maynard , both covered a heap of ground, however their great performances were indicative of Killa's sterling supporting role.

Like the point keep possession, it's better than giving the ball away, his brain decides it's not the right ball to play but he looks for an option to keep the ball and one thing in football when you got the ball the other team can't score, keep the ball, he can't play the glory pass all the time, ball retention is so important the higher level you go too because it's hard to get it back.

I'm glad someone else pointed this out, I also thought he was MOTM, he kept possession beautifully and the pass for the goal was one if many that highlighted what an important player he can be.

On a side note, hopefully a certain poster will stop calling for a certain midfielder to be recalled from his loan spell now!!!!

I love the fact he's always pointing at whoevers got the ball where to pass it. He always tried to dictate the play.

On another note, how good is our pressing!? NK and NM chase the defenders about, while everyone else marks up and nullifies and slows their attack. We always seemed to have numbers behind the ball whenever Millwall attacked.

Kilkenny is a key player. We will be ****** if he got injured. He is simply the heartbeat of our team.

Don't think that slowing down the game is a bad thing. Keeping the ball for longer periods has been essential to our revival.

Completely agree mate.

We actually got to 50% possession for friggin once.

Our biggest downfall over the past two seasons, has been playing too quickly, on the counter attack. We lose possession and then it's a constant battle to win the ball back. Possession is key and that is why we have been improving. It's no coincidence that the dropping of JCR has helped with these matters.

Don't think that slowing down the game is a bad thing. Keeping the ball for longer periods has been essential to our revival.

I totally agree but there needs to be a balance. Kilkenny seems to slow us down at the wrong time, particularly when the full backs are in acres of space on the flank.

It's not a major criticism, but I'd just like to see better decision making on when to put his foot on it. JCR is good at that, knowing when to hold it up and when to try beat someone...

I do like Killa, I always feel like critiquing players is a no no and is taken as negativity. Another poster made the point that if he made the right decisions all the time he'd be at a much higher standard than this and I would tend to agree, it's just a little aspect of his game that could improve.

I totally agree but there needs to be a balance. Kilkenny seems to slow us down at the wrong time, particularly when the full backs are in acres of space on the flank.

It's not a major criticism, but I'd just like to see better decision making on when to put his foot on it. JCR is good at that, knowing when to hold it up and when to try beat someone...

I do like Killa, I always feel like critiquing players is a no no and is taken as negativity. Another poster made the point that if he made the right decisions all the time he'd be at a much higher standard than this and I would tend to agree, it's just a little aspect of his game that could improve.

Have you watched the last four games, JCR is good at that, wind up this post i take.

I gotta say I havent noticed. But it was another game that he ran the midfield and dictated the game.

Kilkenny and Albert are key to us.

Have you watched the last four games, JCR is good at that, wind up this post i take.

Nah, I've watched most of his city career and haven't fallen into the BCFC tradition of slagging off one player regardless of what he brings to the side...

He's not played and we've been more balanced on the left, certainly doesn't make him a bad player... Just better on the right. I think JCR would thrive on the movement now seen in city's team, under Millen we were static and he was forced to either try beat 3 players or stop and pass it backwards... With a player like Pearson in the pocket and Killkenny much higher up the pitch players will have more options to find a pass.

Nah, I've watched most of his city career and haven't fallen into the BCFC tradition of slagging off one player regardless of what he brings to the side...

He's not played and we've been more balanced on the left, certainly doesn't make him a bad player... Just better on the right. I think JCR would thrive on the movement now seen in city's team, under Millen we were static and he was forced to either try beat 3 players or stop and pass it backwards... With a player like Pearson in the pocket and Killkenny much higher up the pitch players will have more options to find a pass.

Ok is JCR injured?, has the new manager thought he can do this?, i'm confused, (i get confused easily).

I gotta say I havent noticed. But it was another game that he ran the midfield and dictated the game.

Kilkenny and Albert are key to us.

Like I said, it's a critique as opposed to a criticism. In our next game keep an eye on McGivern when we're in possession, more often than not he is in acres of space and Kilkenny will overlook him and invariably the attack will break down. McGivern has already shown he has a cracking cross... Be nice to use it and have an attacking option on both flanks which will in turn help Albert (who I agree is superb) and the unmentioned but essential Maynard.

Ok is JCR injured?, has the new manager thought he can do this?, i'm confused, (i get confused easily).

I dont think anyone (however confused) would suggest playing JCR above Albert. Still, you provide a decipherable argument that says JCR is a poor player if you like... "he's crap" isn't sufficient.

Half an hour, 30 marks. Your time starts now.

Just goes to show how different people see football and how certain players are used.

I wouldn't say JCR is a poor footballer, but imho, he has weakened us as a side when he has played. We always looked totally unbalanced.

I personally find him the most infuriating footballer i have ever seen in recent seasons. For all his running about, there was very little end product, and he often went missing or wandering and leaving the LB position exposed.

If you have a full back overlapping, you have to be 100% certain that if the move breaks down, that there is someone back covering him. Kilkenny seems to have good vision, and won't play a pass until players are in position, both offensively and defensively.

It's so easy for us fans, to see a pass, but not notice the danger if the pass breaksdown. I think we've improved on this dramatically. All the players are keeping a shape, and no one is going off wandering.

Covering for JCR must have been a nightmare tbh. Sometimes i don't even think he knew what he was doing. Harsh...but that's how i saw him.

What I have noticed, and its brilliant to see! is the movement off the ball, when millwall had the ball yesterday, we pressed them back and they couldn't handle it. Albert and kilkenny were class yesterday! we just look like a football team now and not a bunch of individuals. Bring on the saints!

What I have noticed, and its brilliant to see! is the movement off the ball, when millwall had the ball yesterday, we pressed them back and they couldn't handle it. Albert and kilkenny were class yesterday! we just look like a football team now and not a bunch of individuals. Bring on the saints!

Pearson is brilliant at moving into the little pockets of space which in-turn creates more for our other players as the opposition react.

Pearson is brilliant at moving into the little pockets of space which in-turn creates more for our other players as the opposition react.

I was wondering what he brought to the game yesterday, he was fairly anonymous and made a couple of bad passes. Not quite sure what he was doing when through on goal either, should've buried that chance.

Clearly he offers summat, but not a long term solution I hope

Archived