IGNORED

Killa Today

allyolly

I was wondering what he brought to the game yesterday, he was fairly anonymous and made a couple of bad passes. Not quite sure what he was doing when through on goal either, should've buried that chance.

Clearly he offers summat, but not a long term solution I hope

Unlike some posters I wasn't that impressed with Perasons debut against Burnley and even less impressed with him yesterday. What he brings is balance to the left side as his cross for Pitman's goal against Burnley highlighted but what else he brings is not obvious to me. He doesn't have great pace or trickery, doesn't seem to get stuck in much and is very one footed.

I've not seen anything yet that proves the Derby fans wrong.

Unlike some posters I wasn't that impressed with Perasons debut against Burnley and even less impressed with him yesterday. What he brings is balance to the left side as his cross for Pitman's goal against Burnley highlighted but what else he brings is not obvious to me. He doesn't have great pace or trickery, doesn't seem to get stuck in much and is very one footed.

Positioning - when defending positioning is key, making it difficult for the opposition to cut us open.

He also seems to pop up in the box - which is something we have been lacking from our midfield.

Not that I think he's the answer long term of course.

Simple ball for Maynard, hat rick and fluffed the rebound, but two games and if he sorted his feet out two goals, were you at Millwall yesterday?, are you judging a player on one game at AG and one on tele?

I thought Killa was MoM personally. Albert was good but in the first half his final ball was awful! Killa's pass completion % must have been very high, he was awesome.

Only because Elliott and Cisse did his donkey work. (BTW this is not a criticism)

See poeple look a players like Elliott in isolation and don't see the bigger picture and realise he complements Killkenny perfectly, as does Cisse.

You need different types of players that bring different skills to the table to build a good side.

Simple ball for Maynard, hat rick and fluffed the rebound, but two games and if he sorted his feet out two goals, were you at Millwall yesterday?, are you judging a player on one game at AG and one on tele?

What else am I judging him on, has he played in other City matches that I missed?

In two games that I've seen him in, he hasn't impressed me that much yet.

What else am I judging him on, has he played in other City matches that I missed?

In two games that I've seen him in, he hasn't impressed me that much yet.

Great scouts don't judge people on just two games, maybe you should of said your op ion so far. You have got it in your head you dont' like him. Picking faults after two games?

Only because Elliott and Cisse did his donkey work. (BTW this is not a criticism)

See poeple look a players like Elliott in isolation and don't see the bigger picture and realise he complements Killkenny perfectly, as does Cisse.

You need different types of players that bring different skills to the table to build a good side.

I wouldn't call it 'HIS' Donkey work. As you say, Cisse and Elliott complement Kilkenny really well,by doing the 'dirty' work. Allowing him to have some space, be creative, and not have to worry about getting back and covering all the time.

Exactly what our new manager has been trying to implement. Cisse covers the back four. Elliot clears up midfield. And Killa and Albert and Pearson are all able to get up and support Maynard, so he's not isolated. It's bloody working too...pretty simple when you think about it.

As someone else mentioned, my only worry is that they can all keep fit, and that we have alternatives, if we start to get found out again. That will be the true test of our new manager.

""Great scouts don't judge people on just two games, maybe you should of said your op ion so far. You have got it in your head you dont' like him. Picking faults after two games?''

Of course its my opinion, what else would it be?

As for not liking him and 'picking fault', what on earth are you on about? I'm just saying he hasn't impressed me much yet.....ffs.

I can't believe Neil Kilkenny did n't get man of the match today. I thought his passing, work rate and all round play was amazing. Made everything tick for us today.

Imo he is very intelligent player. See the areas and put clever passes. A creative player that we have looking for. DM knows how to play him and he rest of the team also. Looking forward, 4 games and 10 points is very very good. COYR!!!

""Great scouts don't judge people on just two games, maybe you should of said your op ion so far. You have got it in your head you dont' like him. Picking faults after two games?''

Of course its my opinion, what else would it be?

As for not liking him and 'picking fault', what on earth are you on about? I'm just saying he hasn't impressed me much yet.....ffs.

You and certain people on her judged him before he kick a ball for this club......

Unfair to claim Cisse and Elliott did his donkey work when Kilkenny himself worked very hard yesterday. Made a last ditch tackle at one point, which may of gone in if it weren't for him.

No offense...but there seems to be a lack of people getting the 'gist' of threads, and being pedantic and picking on actual words. Of course Killa and every player does there own 'donkey work'...but Cisse and Elliot complement Killa by allowing him to concentrate on his strengths. Surely everyone can see that?

No offense...but there seems to be a lack of people getting the 'gist' of threads, and being pedantic and picking on actual words. Of course Killa and every player does there own 'donkey work'...but Cisse and Elliot complement Killa by allowing him to concentrate on his strengths. Surely everyone can see that?

Ofcause, every team need a Cisse and Elliot. Every player has his role to play. And therefore I think DM is a good manager.

I wouldn't call it 'HIS' Donkey work. As you say, Cisse and Elliott complement Kilkenny really well,by doing the 'dirty' work. Allowing him to have some space, be creative, and not have to worry about getting back and covering all the time.

Exactly what our new manager has been trying to implement. Cisse covers the back four. Elliot clears up midfield. And Killa and Albert and Pearson are all able to get up and support Maynard, so he's not isolated. It's bloody working too...pretty simple when you think about it.

As someone else mentioned, my only worry is that they can all keep fit, and that we have alternatives, if we start to get found out again. That will be the true test of our new manager.

Cisse wasn't picked in the last home game, and we won comprehensively. There are certainly options in our midfield beyond those three with Pearson looking good centrally and Bolasie and Woolford offering different options on the left (pace or guile)

We heard from our super J friends that Del likes to choose formations on a match by match opposition specific basis, and we've seen him mix it up slightly in each game.

Cisse wasn't picked in the last home game, and we won comprehensively. There are certainly options in our midfield beyond those three with Pearson looking good centrally and Bolasie and Woolford offering different options on the left (pace or guile)

We heard from our super J friends that Del likes to choose formations on a match by match opposition specific basis, and we've seen him mix it up slightly in each game.

Of course Jordan...Hense we want a fully fit squad so Del can make those specific choices.

Nicky and Albert were a class about anything else on the pitch so no qualms in the award going in either of their directions.

Kilkenny is improving, which is fantastic. It seems that unlike Keith, Del is playing a formation that gets he best out of players in important positions.

I still have a few reservations regarding Kilkenny as I think he slows us down when we need to be quick and then when he should be slowing down he tends to rush. Odd criticism but sometimes we have the chance to break and he stops us playing and then when he doesn't have many options he tries a wonder ball instead of just holding it a couple more touches.

Positive signs throughout the squad though. Feeling good about football for once!!

Do you want him to play the ball quickly if there is nothing on ? Ball retention is obviously a large part of DMc tactics (how lovely it is to write that)so therefore if the best option of a pass is not available, there is nothing with keeping the ball i.e passing it sideways or back so we can build again.

Do you want him to play the ball quickly if there is nothing on ? Ball retention is obviously a large part of DMc tactics (how lovely it is to write that)so therefore if the best option of a pass is not available, there is nothing with keeping the ball i.e passing it sideways or back so we can build again.

Read the post again.

In both games I've seen him make runs from very deep leaving the opposition standing and either get on the ball in the area or just miss out. He's deceptively quick, very quick.

He also has a brain on him, which isn't exactly common at this level - an intelligent footballer who can actually control the ball and pass it accurately rarely wasting possession. He's also given the team the balance it's not had since McIndoe's days.

Good signing.

You must be more perceptive than me Cynic, because apart from the obvious balance he brings to the left side, I haven't noticed any of the qualities you describe yet.

Interestingly I've noticed the same thing. If we have a break on whether the cross comes in or not Pearson's right alongside Maynard looking for the tap in when you scan across, and unlike Maynard you're not sure where he came from. That's where the brain comes in, always leaves his run till the last minute.

I think this formation clearly gets the best out of Kilkenny. Do people think this formation is just suited for away from home though? The counter attacking play yesterday was quality.

Seeing as we're playing the league leaders at home on Saturday, who have a lot of goal threat, I wouldn't be surprised if the team remains the same as against Millwall. One of Elliott or Cisse will need to be all over Lambert though, feel that will be key to our success this weekend

• Admin

Completely agree mate.

We actually got to 50% possession for friggin once.

Our biggest downfall over the past two seasons, has been playing too quickly, on the counter attack. We lose possession and then it's a constant battle to win the ball back. Possession is key and that is why we have been improving. It's no coincidence that the dropping of JCR has helped with these matters.

8th time this season.

However I think the type of possession we have under McInnes is more effective than the "pass it around the back 8 times then hoof it" style we saw under Millen & thus many of the earlier matches where statistically we may have had more possession, it actually felt like less.

In both games I've seen him make runs from very deep leaving the opposition standing and either get on the ball in the area or just miss out. He's deceptively quick, very quick.

He also has a brain on him, which isn't exactly common at this level - an intelligent footballer who can actually control the ball and pass it accurately rarely wasting possession. He's also given the team the balance it's not had since McIndoe's days.

Good signing.

Yes, i agree. Me and my mate both commented on his overall intelligent play. He's actually reads the game, and can time a pass and a run. Long may it continue....

Archived