IGNORED

Maynard Or Pitman

solo1bc

Maynard has the pace, but Brett is more clinical, would like to see us playing both upfront...with Pearson we look more balanced, and will get plenty of ball in, which means both will get plenty of chances

Who would you leave out to accommodate two strikers?

I can't see McInnes changing formation until City are clear of the drop zone.

enjoying this thread and despite arguments for and against for both, imo maynard is the more accomplished player and would be the most succesful at a higher level....

just thinking, i believe maynard will leave in january for 1.5-2 mil, what if we make a bid for someone like jordan rhodes who would surely cost no more than 2.5 mil, and despite peoples beliefs that pitman will be pissed off we will have bought a ready made replacement for maynard and steer us to safety...

just thinking surely if we sell maynard in good time, then mcinnes will have that money to spend???

any other strikers people can think would be an adequate replacement!!

i am thinking of the impact le fondre has made at reading, rhodes is a hungry striker who would want to impress.....admit would be difficult to tempt him if huddersfield realise they need him to end of season, but maybe we could look at an offer they couldnt refuse

Who would you leave out to accommodate two strikers?

I can't see McInnes changing formation until City are clear of the drop zone.

Well he could start with BP on the left instead of YB, who did start against Burnley. Although with Saints being tougher opponents than Burnley I would not be surprised to see the same line up as at Millwall.

Bit of a " thinking outside the box" moment, but what about AA up front with YB wide right, It would certainly be a pacey attack!

McInnes has shown already that he sees pace as a vital part in playing 4-5-1. The quicker the wide players/midfielders get up to support Maynard the greater the goal threat. Albert is the obvious outlet speedster and I seriously doubt he'd be moved inside from the wing simply because there's more space in wide area's to be exploited.

We are in a good moment as a team playing with the 4-3-3, I dont think it would be wise to change it at the moment.

Yeah agree but it doesn't solve the problem (even if it is quite a nice problem to have) of keeping our future primary goalscorer out of the team because of a player who's 75% certain to be off in Jan...

Use Nicky to get us out of trouble and while we've got him but if Brett isn't bedded into the team by mid-to-end of Jan we could be right back in it again... The point about Brett not being suitable for a lone striker role (which may or may not be true cos we haven't seen him try it really) is doubly worrying because if he can't play in that role we also need time for him to build a partnership with Stead or bring someone in...

I think Nicky would have to commit by mid December if he want's to keep his place or as an alternative play two up top at least at home.... Don't see why 4-4-2 wouldn't work anyway cos the back four are performing and we have a left footer in Pearson so have some balance...

Maynard has the pace, but Brett is more clinical, would like to see us playing both upfront...with Pearson we look more balanced, and will get plenty of ball in, which means both will get plenty of chances

Pitman more clinical?? 251 games 78 goals, Maynard 173 games 76 goals

Maynard is a top striker and one we should all

be desperate to keep

(taken from wiki so not sure how accurate but would say its fairly spot on)

Pitman more clinical?? 251 games 78 goals, Maynard 173 games 76 goals

Maynard is a top striker and one we should all

be desperate to keep

(taken from wiki so not sure how accurate but would say its fairly spot on)

Just checked wiki, came up with slightly different figures but you're not far off:

Maynard 75 goals in 173 apps.

Pitman 75 goals in 225 apps.

Both excellent goalscoring records, especially NM, though some would argue that Pitman has looked more 'clinical' of the two whilst playing for City.

By the way, Maynard is 13 months older than Pitman but has played 52 less games, Maynard of course having suffered 2 serious injuries.

Like I said, Maynard is a good player, we all know that. But its time for the club, the players and the fans to accept that he will go, and IMO the sooner he goes, the better. Brett is a very clever player who will score goals from all angles and distances. He is a player we must desperately keep!

Another thing, we need the money! extra cash to spend on a couple of defenders and not loans. If Maynard leaves, everybody wins! the club, Brett and obviously nicky. And I have doubt, that Brett will have no problems in filling nicky's boots.

Maynard leaving will not be good for bcfc, the best thing to happen us he signs a new contract.

I can't believe anyone would think otherwise

Why won't it? All this fuss about him signing the contract or not, is doing no good for the club. If he really wanted to stay here, he would of signed a few months back, he still hasn't! its quite obvious what the outcome will be.

Don't think so. If he thinks Maynard will be gone then he will know he is next in line. Fair enough if Maynard stays then he may look to move but I'm sure he isn't so petty as to leave before he January.

" I know that you've wasted a year of your career, waiting for your chance behind a guy, who may or may not be gone in January or may or may not be gone in the summer, who went 11 games without scoring in run of games where we didn't win a game and too be honest he played like a drain in most of those games, but we do want you, you are the future, but only once Nicky has gone or not gone ".

Why wouldn't he be happy.

Why won't it? All this fuss about him signing the contract or not, is doing no good for the club. If he really wanted to stay here, he would of signed a few months back, he still hasn't! its quite obvious what the outcome will be.

Nicky Maynard seems to be a sensible young man, if I was him I would also run my contract down and assess what options I had available to me.

The only fuss is caused by impatient fans who think every player should be blindly loyal to their employers despite knowing that when the time comes they will not be offered a new contract if they are no longer good enough.

" I know that you've wasted a year of your career, waiting for your chance behind a guy, who may or may not be gone in January or may or may not be gone in the summer, who went 11 games without scoring in run of games where we didn't win a game and too be honest he played like a drain in most of those games, but we do want you, you are the future, but only once Nicky has gone or not gone ".

Why wouldn't he be happy.

He hasn't wasted a year at all. He played 39 times last year and has already featured in 13 games this.

Also Maynard wasn't dropped by Millen. We now have McInnes in charge. Pitman will know he will get a chance and I'm sure he won't be happy with not starting all the time but who is. I'm saying I think he will be grounded enough to know his chance will come again and he won't be so petty as to leave, especially after featuring in 52 games since he joined in August 2010.

He hasn't wasted a year at all. He played 39 times last year and has already featured in 13 games this.

Also Maynard wasn't dropped by Millen. We now have McInnes in charge. Pitman will know he will get a chance and I'm sure he won't be happy with not starting all the time but who is. I'm saying I think he will be grounded enough to know his chance will come again and he won't be so petty as to leave, especially after featuring in 52 games since he joined in August 2010.

He started 21 games last season and 4 so far this season, which means that 27 times has been on the bench, it is not the same as claiming he played in games where he may have had only 5/10 minutes and unless he knows something the rest of us don't, I think he has a right to believe he has not had a fair chance.

Archived