IGNORED

Maynard Or Pitman

solo1bc

Impossible to leave out Nicky at the moment but do we play him in the hopes he'll change his mind and sign a contract (looks very unlikely) or do we play Pitman and give him the chance to settle in the team before Nicky goes in January?

First things first is to get out of trouble but I'd like to see Pitman getting as much game time as possible because I unfortunately think we'll lose Maynard in Jan and I suspect I'm in the majority?

Yes we should drop our best player and top goalscorer.. :facepalm:

Seriously though I get your point. But I don't think you can leave Maynard out until they know for definite that he's going. Pitman seems like a very good replacement right now but I'd still much rather have Nicky in the form he seems to have got back in even if he does want to leave in the near future.

Maybe look at playing two up top whenever we get the chance... Again difficult to change a winning formula but sadly think Nicky will be gone in Jan so would like Brett to get settled...

Again nothing doing until we're a bit clear of the bottom but needs thinking about...

Yes we should drop our best player and top goalscorer.. :facepalm:

Seriously though I get your point. But I don't think you can leave Maynard out until they know for definite that he's going. Pitman seems like a very good replacement right now but I'd still much rather have Nicky in the form he seems to have got back in even if he does want to leave in the near future.

we should drop our top scorer to keep happy the next top scorer........

Otherwise, next season, we could be left with no goalscorers.

The thing is for me, they could both leave. I personally think nicky will go, but if he's playing week in, week out, then brett will loose patience because everytime he comes on as sub, he makes an impact and gets a goal or two. But always fails to start the following week. If I was brett, I would be fuming! I just hope the club doesn't make a BIG mistake.

Maynard all day long for me, i have always said he is our most valuable player and best finisher.....yes it is more than likely he will be gone in january, but hopefully he is now on a good scoring run and we need those goals to get out of the bottom 3

Not so sure about that. Pitman is a terrific finisher and sharper that Maynard in front of goal I reckon. The difference between them is one thing - pace. Maynard is quicker which is why he gets the nod ahead of Pitman. Nothing else between them imo.

Maynard has more to his game. He's quicker, makes better runs and defends from the front. Pitman is a very good player if you get the ball into the box alot of the time as he is a fox in the box. Maynard can drop deep and wang one in from 30 yards.

So can Pitman. Ask any Bournemouth fan who saw him play. ''Scores from anywhere'' one said on here when we signed him.

I think to sum it up, Maynard can do everything Pitman can do but Pitman cant do everything Maynard can do. Both great strikers at this level though.

But Mayard has a few more years experience. We are damaging Pitmans career by not playing him and what for? a striker who is off at the end of the season?!

He could be playing and improving.

Maynard got 10 goals in his first full season at this level. Pitman got 13 and played alot less....

But Mayard has a few more years experience. We are damaging Pitmans career by not playing him and what for? a striker who is off at the end of the season?!

He could be playing and improving.

Maynard got 10 goals in his first full season at this level. Pitman got 13 and played alot less....

I think you're forgetting we are in a relegation battle and Nicky suits our style of play alot more than Brett does.

Pardon me for the stupid question, but would it be out of the question to consider playing 4-4-2 and both strikers together? Are they too similar, or is playing one up front our new preferred formation at home as well as away?

We are in a good moment as a team playing with the 4-3-3, I dont think it would be wise to change it at the moment.

Not so sure about that. Pitman is a terrific finisher and sharper that Maynard in front of goal I reckon. The difference between them is one thing - pace. Maynard is quicker which is why he gets the nod ahead of Pitman. Nothing else between them imo.

Maynard's all round game is far more developed for me, and you only have to look at some of the blinders he's scored for us to tell you everything you need to know about his finishing ability. Even the first against Millwall on Sunday, the finish of a quality striker.

While Maynard is are player then we have to play him. Games like at Millwall and at Leicester he's prooved how valuable he can be to helping us win three points. Plus who is to say he may not signt he contract? I'm not saying for certain that he will but now with Del Boy in charge and things seemingly turning around it could turn his head. He sounded a lot happier in his post match interview. Even if he does walk away though I have nothing against him. He signed for are club for four years and he's honoured that deal and never once demanded to leave so I wish him all the best either way. I'm really hoping he stays. I feel a bit sorry for Pitman but sometimes that's football.

Maynard's all round game is far more developed for me, and you only have to look at some of the blinders he's scored for us to tell you everything you need to know about his finishing ability. Even the first against Millwall on Sunday, the finish of a quality striker.

Have you not seen the youtube clip? How many of Pitman's goals weren't blinders?

I'll say it again, there's nothing between them except pace.

Have you not seen the youtube clip? How many of Pitman's goals weren't blinders?

I'll say it again, there's nothing between them except pace.

How many of them were scored at this level? How many were scored at the level below this? It goes without saying the standard of defending is far worse & time on the ball is significantly more in League 2, having the awareness and craft to pick out an opening in the Championship and League 2 is something quite different.

I think to sum it up, Maynard can do everything Pitman can do but Pitman cant do everything Maynard can do. Both great strikers at this level though.

If Pitman had been given as much game time I am pretty confident that he would be every bit as good as Maynard, and it is not unrealistic that he would have scored more.

On the bench I think Pitman is every bit as good is Maynard!

I actually agree with robbored on this one. But saying that, maynard isn't a real pacy striker but he is quicker than pitman. I do believe Brett is a better finisher, for one, I have never seen him miss a penalty for us, whereas maynard has missed a few. Maynard does score the odd screamer, but brett in my eyes, is what you call a natural striker. Maynard is a very good player, but I believe brett is a all round better striker. The only thing that lets him down, is his pace, if he had pace, he would be premier league bound no doubt about that.

A few weeks back i thought it would be best to drop Maynard, didn't appear to me he would be staying past Jan, our form and style of play was awful and he had gone many games without a goal. Since DM has arrived, the change of formation and fortunes has clearly done wonders for NM. I think now its all down to DM, if Maynard is in form and DM feels he is committed to the club, perhaps only in the short term then i cant see Pitman getting a start until he is either gone or out of form.

I think we are very fortunate to have 2 strikers who would start for pretty much any team in this league, lets hope DM can turn the contract situation around over the next month.

The problem for Pitman, is even if Maynard goes, surely a replacement would be brought in and he may find himself in the same situation before NM went. Guess it would depend on who they would get in, one for the future or proven goalscorer?

Archived