IGNORED

Please Don't Boo Lambert Tomorrow

alanpayne

I know I'm asking a lot but please don't boo Lambert tomorrow - it might wind him up to play better!

Lambert has done nothing to harm us, apart from a goal in the JPL Mickey Mouse Cup. On reflection, exiting that competition may have enhanced our promotion chances so he probably did us a favour!

Lets be honest , as a club, we mssed a gold nugget sitting under our very noses - we could have had hm for £1million when he was at the Gas!

I know I'm asking a lot but please don't boo Lambert tomorrow - it might wind him up to play better!

Lambert has done nothing to harm us, apart from a goal in the JPL Mickey Mouse Cup. On reflection, exiting that competition may have enhanced our promotion chances so he probably did us a favour!

Lets be honest , as a club, we mssed a gold nugget sitting under our very noses - we could have had hm for £1million when he was at the Gas!

I agree, the best thing to do is not even acknowledge him.

Just imagine if some of the fans hadn't booed Millen?, according to our chairman he may well still have been in charge of us.

Lambert - the one that got away during GJ's tenure imo....

Things would've been very different for City & GJ if only Johnson had seen what we all saw in those games vs the Gas.

Lambert was the only class on show from either team in those ties (certainly in the AG leg)... Johnsons biggest mistake (& there were a few) was not making the Gas an offer they couldnt refuse for him at that time.

Lambert was just what we needed & he was on our doorstep for all to see.

A real pity.

Things would've been very different for City & GJ if only Johnson had seen what we all saw in those games vs the Gas.

Lambert was the only class on show from either team in those ties (certainly in the AG leg)... Johnsons biggest mistake (& there were a few) was not making the Gas an offer they couldnt refuse for him at that time.

A real pity.

To be honest I'm surprised he's done well at this level, I felt he might not be quick enough to compete. Then again Grant Holt is doing ok in the PL.. so maybe it's not always about pace these days. :ph34r:

A real pity.

The other side of the coin of course was Grant Holt, a player GJ tried to sign for us on more than one occasion and the manager and player were universally criticised on this forum, where is he now?.

PS:-Do you really believe they would have sold Lambert to us?.

I agree with you in principle. I remember Lita getting it in bucket loads playing for Boro and it seemed to spur him on and he played really well and scored! then he give some attitude back and everyone was crying about it.

Just get behind the side and lets not give Lambert the chance to have the last laugh

Also whats with that monotonous Forza EE chant. :tumbleweed:

I agree with you in principle. I remember Lita getting it in bucket loads playing for Boro and it seemed to spur him on and he played really well and scored! then he give some attitude back and everyone was crying about it.

I don't really care if Lambert gets booed or not. One of the things I hate most though is when the crowd gives a player abuse for the whole game, then if/when the player responds with a few gestures to the crowd, some people complain and try to get the player into trouble. If Lambert gets abuse from us tomorrow, he's perfectly entitled to stick 2 fingers up (or similar) at us if he scores.

I don't really care if Lambert gets booed or not. One of the things I hate most though is when the crowd gives a player abuse for the whole game, then if/when the player responds with a few gestures to the crowd, some people complain and try to get the player into trouble. If Lambert gets abuse from us tomorrow, he's perfectly entitled to stick 2 fingers up (or similar) at us if he scores.

To the letter of the law he isn't. That's a red-card offense, if I recall correctly.

OK then.

If Lambert does score he'll try and wind-up the crowd regardless, so no harm in giving him a few boos. Might even put him off his game. I'm sure it worked when Lita was at Norwich (Not that I booed mind).

Some players perform worse when they have a whole stadium booing them! I will make sure i'm at full voice giving that fat (very good though) footballer some abuse!

Also, i expect this will be the first time Saints fans will see Fontaine in action, lets hope he has a brilliant game

Archived