IGNORED

Please Don't Boo Lambert Tomorrow

alanpayne

Because I don't swear for no reason?

How is watching you're language wrong?

Tins, you don't need to keep justify your stance on this thread. You make plenty of totally valid points and clearly state what should be expected of society at large and not just those who attend football.

The issue is this, when some people enter a football ground they change and adopt a different persona. These people believe they can behave in any way they like, often the complete opposite of how they will behave im there everyday lives.

I fall into the above bracket and l hate the fact that l change. Why do l do this? I think in the main to fit into my surroundings and to join in with the sense of togetherness with the whole tribal thing. I also find it a real stress release if l can shout and swear for 90mins. Yes, sad l know.

However, l have two exceptions to the above. I will never never swear or be aggressive if young children are in my direct vicinity. I know kids are in the ground and can hear most things but closeby and it's a no go for me. Secondly, l totally refuse to sing that horrendous song we have been discussing. I love chanting and singing am getting behind the team, but l really really dislike that song. My mates ridicule me for not singing it, but still l resist. You have to draw the line somewhere.

So, to conclude l agree with all your thoughts but l will actually behave almost in a completely opposite direction.

I don't take my kids, l would hate them to see how pathetic their Dad behaves at football.

Because I don't swear for no reason?

How is watching you're language wrong?

It's not.

To many on in this thread talking for effect and not being honest. Any decent sensible Person would except using profanity in front of Kids is unacceptable.

This nonsense about it being tribal is a compete cop out IMO next we'll be told its okay to punch people because its at football and it's the way it is.

Just morons making lame excuses to act like uneducated chimps.

1322297321' post=1471428']

It's not.

To many on in this thread talking for effect and not being honest. Any decent sensible Person would except using profanity in front of Kids is unacceptable.

This nonsense about it being tribal is a compete cop out IMO next we'll be told its okay to punch people because its at football and it's the way it is.

Just morons making lame excuses to act like uneducated chimps.

If your going to try and make sense of it then why not go the whole hog. What's the point in watching 22 people kick a ball around a piece of grass? Football is nonsense, it being tribal is nonsense, swearing is nonsense. People still watch and enjoy doing it though.

I know I'm asking a lot but please don't boo Lambert tomorrow - it might wind him up to play better!

Lambert has done nothing to harm us, apart from a goal in the JPL Mickey Mouse Cup. On reflection, exiting that competition may have enhanced our promotion chances so he probably did us a favour!

Lets be honest , as a club, we mssed a gold nugget sitting under our very noses - we could have had hm for £1million when he was at the Gas!

to be honest your plea will just fall on deaf or ignorant ears.

How many times have we heard players admitting to love being "boo-ed" because it spurs them on? Everybody knows it yet dopey 'tards still do it.

Cracking thread, some priceless opinions. Tins you appear to view swearing as bad which is odd considering that taboo language is a key part of the English language. It expresses emotion that other words do not and that is why it is so routinely used in stand-up comedy, films, music, books and many other platforms of entertainment. Swearing is not morally wrong. My favourite line of yours was certainly "And I doubt they will hear the C word at school". I can only assume you haven't been in a schooling environment for a very long time if this is your opinion!

Cracking thread, some priceless opinions. Tins you appear to view swearing as bad which is odd considering that taboo language is a key part of the English language. It expresses emotion that other words do not and that is why it is so routinely used in stand-up comedy, films, music, books and many other platforms of entertainment. Swearing is not morally wrong. My favourite line of yours was certainly "And I doubt they will hear the C word at school". I can only assume you haven't been in a schooling environment for a very long time if this is your opinion!

The C word is hardly ever used in stand-up etc, and I doubt they use it in primary school.

The C word is hardly ever used in stand-up etc, and I doubt they use it in primary school.

That's absolute bollocks, or would you prefer codswallop? As a big fan of stand up comedy many of the acts I enjoy use that word frequently. When i saw Jimmy Carr live at the Colston Hall he opened and closed with jokes involving that word. The likes of Ricky Gervais, Frankie Boyle and Lee Mack, three very different types of comedian all use that words frequently in their live shows. Amatuer comedy on the upcoming circuit is if anything more prone to it. Just what gave you that idea?!

As for your second point, it will not be very common in a primary school I agree, although as children near secondary school in their final year of primary I'd imagine a fair few will have used it...and if they haven't as soon as they make the step up to secondary school they will be in an environment where it is frequently used. That's just the way it is.

That's absolute bollocks, or would you prefer codswallop? As a big fan of stand up comedy many of the acts I enjoy use that word frequently. When i saw Jimmy Carr live at the Colston Hall he opened and closed with jokes involving that word. The likes of Ricky Gervais, Frankie Boyle and Lee Mack, three very different types of comedian all use that words frequently in their live shows. Amatuer comedy on the upcoming circuit is if anything more prone to it. Just what gave you that idea?!

As for your second point, it will not be very common in a primary school I agree, although as children near secondary school in their final year of primary I'd imagine a fair few will have used it...and if they haven't as soon as they make the step up to secondary school they will be in an environment where it is frequently used. That's just the way it is.

I heard the C word twice last night from Jimmy Carr.

Twice isn't as many as any other swear word. I bet he used other swear words a lot more.

A comedian may use it once in a show, but will say F and other words a lot more.

And I know for a fact that the C word isn't frequently used, especially in year 7 of secondry school, they are not more prone to it because they are with people in their same year. I would never say its ever frequently used.

Twice isn't as many as any other swear word. I bet he used other swear words a lot more.

A comedian may use it once in a show, but will say F and other words a lot more.

And I know for a fact that the C word isn't frequently used, especially in year 7 of secondry school, they are not more prone to it because they are with people in their same year. I would never say its ever frequently used.

Believe me the show I saw Carr do he used it a lot more than twice! As for your point about year 7 I don't know which school this is based on but it was regular listening at mine and was used very frequently, more so than in pubs and other "adult" scenarios! It's a taboo and kids know that so they overuse it, you grow out of this and learn to use it properly, say in moments of anger or at certain times for comedic effect. In school "hello c ** t" would be a pretty routine thing to hear one child say to his mate...

A very good friend of mine was a career teacher and eventually head teacher at mainly grammar type schools. He told me the kids in the playground whose language was the most colourful were the kids from the sort of backgrounds where the parents protected them and never explained what certain words meant and usually professional parents like Doctors, solicitors, social workers etc. They never understood the words but used them anyway and far more frequently than kids from lesser backgrounds, not explaining these words and why they should not be used is down to parents

Believe me the show I saw Carr do he used it a lot more than twice! As for your point about year 7 I don't know which school this is based on but it was regular listening at mine and was used very frequently, more so than in pubs and other "adult" scenarios! It's a taboo and kids know that so they overuse it, you grow out of this and learn to use it properly, say in moments of anger or at certain times for comedic effect. In school "hello c ** t" would be a pretty routine thing to hear one child say to his mate...

Well that's Jimmy Carr, just one comedian, many I have seen used it once at most.

I don't believe year 7's say that, I have never heard them say it, or anyone till at least 6th form. It is not routine where I went to school.

A very good friend of mine was a career teacher and eventually head teacher at mainly grammar type schools. He told me the kids in the playground whose language was the most colourful were the kids from the sort of backgrounds where the parents protected them and never explained what certain words meant and usually professional parents like Doctors, solicitors, social workers etc. They never understood the words but used them anyway and far more frequently than kids from lesser backgrounds, not explaining these words and why they should not be used is down to parents

Many children from middle class up bringing do have a rebellious moment and I know they normally have the worst attitudes.

However children from working class backgrounds, council estates etc, have equally colourful language from experience.

Archived