IGNORED

Please Don't Boo Lambert Tomorrow

alanpayne

Funny you should say that...

Its one of my favourites.

Seriously Riaz!? You just said that out loud :facepalm:

What is it mate about that chant that makes it a favourite? Is it because you're being naughty saying the C word so many times? You scamp!

Just to clarify Im not offended or particularly bothered by the C word I just find it coarse and lacking any sophistication or good taste.

Seriously Riaz!? You just said that out loud :facepalm:

What is it mate about that chant that makes it a favourite? Is it because you're being naughty saying the C word so many times? You scamp!

Just to clarify Im not offended or particularly bothered by the C word I just find it coarse and lacking any sophistication or good taste.

Sophistication? its a football chant ffs!

Because it pisses people like you off.

Poor attempt Riaz.

I've previously already said it doesn't bother me on a personal level, I do though think it's moronic and unnessacary in front of kiddies and women. Call me old fashioned!!

If you used language like that any where else in public you'd be arrested for section 5. Why does being at football make it acceptable and okay?

This it the problem with football. Disgusting language to use infront of kids and woman.

No, the problem is the fact that people go to football and dont adapt to their surroundings... expect everyone else to change.

I would'nt go to a gay bar and ask the men to stop kissing, cos I did'nt want to see it??!

I'm sure the Saints will come marchin' in to AG full of confidence...

but after a couple of James saves, some mesmerising runs from Albert & hopefully a goal or two apiece from Nicky & the Hitman our players should be whistling & singing 'Anything YOU can do WE can do better, WE can do ANYTHING BETTER THAN YOU!!' ..... that'll piss 'em off nicely :) ... & send 'em trudging heads down back to Southampton with tails between their legs!!

Poor attempt Riaz.

I've previously already said it doesn't bother me on a personal level, I do though think it's moronic and unnessacary in front of kiddies and women. Call me old fashioned!!

If you used language like that any where else in public you'd be arrested for section 5. Why does being at football make it acceptable and okay?

Perhaps it's time to admit that no one at a football match gets offended by naughty swear words. People just like to be offended on behalf of someone else.

The C***s.

Oh my word shocking... because women never use foul language.

(Try watching Cops with Cameras or other such programs...)

The fact they are in trouble with the police says it all, not all woman are like that.

No, the problem is the fact that people go to football and dont adapt to their surroundings... expect everyone else to change.

I would'nt go to a gay bar and ask the men to stop kissing, cos I did'nt want to see it??!

Adapt to your surroundings? Its not a zoo, its a football ground.

You don't have to swear, especially saying the C word. There are plenty of other chants to sing.

If you want young children hearing swear words then I hope you never have children.

I know I'm asking a lot but please don't boo Lambert tomorrow - it might wind him up to play better!

Lambert has done nothing to harm us, apart from a goal in the JPL Mickey Mouse Cup. On reflection, exiting that competition may have enhanced our promotion chances so he probably did us a favour!

Lets be honest , as a club, we missed a gold nugget sitting under our very noses - we could have had hm for £1million when he was at the Gas!

Boo Lambert you say righto then :trumpet:

If we dont boo him we have to cheer him and we wont cheer him, so whats left, stand in silence, or sit rather?

I get the whole dont encourage him etc, but do we really want to kill the atmosphere at AG just for Fatty pork pie Lambert?

You don't have to swear, especially saying the C word. There are plenty of other chants to sing.

If you want young children hearing swear words then I hope you never have children.

Your right, its a football ground - somewhere to go and swear profusely.... even if the middle classes dont like it!

I've got children thanks. If I did'nt want them to hear swearing, I would'nt take them.

Plus they'll no doubt hear swearing and probabaly swear amongst their friends at school.....

Not going to bring my kids up wrapped in cotton wool - But they wont ever swear in my presence either! Just because they will ear swearing, does not mean their minds will be infected - not if they have respect and discipline!

Your right, its a football ground - somewhere to go and swear profusely.... even if the middle classes dont like it!

I've got children thanks. If I did'nt want them to hear swearing, I would'nt take them.

Plus they'll no doubt hear swearing and probabaly swear amongst their friends at school.....

Not going to bring my kids up wrapped in cotton wool - But they wont ever swear in my presence either! Just because they will ear swearing, does not mean their minds will be infected - not if they have respect and discipline!

A football ground is about football, not swearing! If you want to swear go to the pub or somewhere where kids aren't.

So if I wanted to take kids to the football but didn't want them to hear swear words I can't now?

Have some respect for other people and don't swear for the sake of it, its not big and clever.

And I doubt they will hear the C word at school, if they did its probably from hearing idiots like you from the football.

Kids look up to their parents and if they hear you swearing at the football they will say it at school, hardly a good role model.

The fact they are in trouble with the police says it all, not all woman are like that.

the similarities are striking though.. :yawn:

People swear at football grounds and have been since we traded the battlefelds for stadiums. Don't even try to calm it down.

For me its a no holed barred anything goes alcohol fueled 90mins of swearing and frothing at the mouth, spitting out instructions to the closest player who may listen.

A football ground is about football, not swearing! If you want to swear go to the pub or somewhere where kids aren't.

So if I wanted to take kids to the football but didn't want them to hear swear words I can't now?

Have some respect for other people and don't swear for the sake of it, its not big and clever.

And I doubt they will hear the C word at school, if they did its probably from hearing idiots like you from the football.

Kids look up to their parents and if they hear you swearing at the football they will say it at school, hardly a good role model

No, do what you want with your kids. Just dont complain when you hear swearing at football.

Who do you think you are? telling me I cant do something i've always done?

kids and women have only gone to football in recent years - but we should'nt change everything to accomadate them. There is a family stand ffs!

I'd like you to call me and idiot to my face - and no my kids wont repeat what I say, because I teach them not too. Maybe you'd also like to lecture me on parent-hood to my face. P r i c k !

Kids look up to their parents and if they hear you swearing at the football they will say it at school, hardly a good role model.

C###.

No, do what you want with your kids. Just dont complain when you hear swearing at football.

Who do you think you are? telling me I cant do something i've always done?

kids and women have only gone to football in recent years - but we should'nt change everything to accomadate them. There is a family stand ffs!

I'd like you to call me and idiot to my face - and no my kids wont repeat what I say, because I teach them not too. Maybe you'd also like to lecture me on parent-hood to my face. P r i c k !

Why can't I complain, its a disgusting thing to do and there is no reason to do it.

Whos "we" ?? Not everyone swears at football, and why don't you change, no harm is being done to you.

Chants can be heard all around the ground, the family stand isn't a sound bubble, why can't the whole ground be family friendly? It's a sport, not a war.

And don't you see how stupid it is telling you're kids not to do something, even though you're doing it yourself?

Why can't I complain, its a disgusting thing to do and there is no reason to do it.

Whos "we" ?? Not everyone swears at football, and why don't you change, no harm is being done to you.

Chants can be heard all around the ground, the family stand isn't a sound bubble, why can't the whole ground be family friendly? It's a sport, not a war.

And don't you see how stupid it is telling you're kids not to do something, even though you're doing it yourself?

Oh dear? me change?

You dont get football do you? its a tribal mentality - that makes the atmosphere over here so unique.

The day I cant swear, is the day I dont go.

Sadly, I think we'll have a similar atmosphere to the rugby soon :fastasleep: ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh dear? me change?

You dont get football do you? its a tribal mentality - that makes the atmosphere over here so unique.

The day I cant swear, is the day I dont go.

Sadly, I think we'll have a similar atmosphere to the rugby soon :fastasleep: ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Every ground has tribal mentality, not just in England.

At football, or in any group/crowd you get deindividuation which is when a group will do something, like swear, fight etc but are highly unlikely to do it by there selves. You wouldn't chant and swear at Lambert in the street in front of your kids so why do it in a group. Unfortunately we all fall into the spell of deindividuation but can also be positive.

I don't understand why you need to swear? Whats wrong with chanting "We always believe", "Bounce around the ground", "One for the Bristol City", they are some of our best songs, but i bet you don't join in because they do not contain swear words.

Every ground has tribal mentality, not just in England.

At football, or in any group/crowd you get deindividuation which is when a group will do something, like swear, fight etc but are highly unlikely to do it by there selves. You wouldn't chant and swear at Lambert in the street in front of your kids so why do it in a group. Unfortunately we all fall into the spell of deindividuation but can also be positive.

I don't understand why you need to swear? Whats wrong with chanting "We always believe", "Bounce around the ground", "One for the Bristol City", they are some of our best songs, but i bet you don't join in because they do not contain swear words.

Oh dear.

I like those songs that have swear words in them.....

Plus it also makes for a more intimidating atmosphere - when giving dogs abuse to the likes of Lambert tomorrow and Warnock, Holloway, Cureton etc It intimidates players and they often play badly.

I want Ashton Gate to be intimidating for the opposition - and that includes swearing at em.

Oh dear.

I like those songs that have swear words in them.....

Plus it also makes for a more intimidating atmosphere - when giving dogs abuse to the likes of Lambert tomorrow and Warnock, Holloway, Cureton etc It intimidates players and they often play badly.

I want Ashton Gate to be intimidating for the opposition - and that includes swearing at em.

It also pumps certain players up to play better.

Do you want Ashton Gate to be intimidating for kids and make them not want to come back?

Or you could sing about our own players and give them a lift?

Just don't see the word of the C word, its just disgusting and any other word would be better!

Football should be a family game, not something ugly.

Archived