IGNORED

Pitman Has Had Enough

BristolBEAT

Certainly it must be frustrating for him but there's no way you can change the system to accommodate when we're on this run and he isn't quite going to get the nod ahead of Nicky. We should be working hard to keep him though as he's a very good player.

it is a real problem and one that needs sorting, I feel it is about time that the 'elephant in room' is addressed and NM gives some indication of his intentions, surely that is not too much to ask, it is such a pity given the strides we have already made under DM.

it is a real problem and one that needs sorting, I feel it is about time that the 'elephant in room' is addressed and NM gives some indication of his intentions, surely that is not too much to ask, it is such a pity given the strides we have already made under DM.

SL seemed to indicate that one way or another it'd be decided in January. If he goes, I'm confident Brett Pitman will prove to be as good and if he's playing for the second half of the season I think he'll stay. If Maynard stays in January without signing then McInnes has to decide whether goals now are more important than keeping Pitman long term, guess it will depend on where we are.

For now, Maynard's playing well and scoring so we're best off putting it to the backs of our minds.

I have, like many City fans every sympathy for Pitman. He is a class striker and maybe his 'tantrum'( if that's what it was) shows how frustarted he must be to be not starting games. That said he has to accept that the team is winning without him playing much of a part. Its all apart of being a professional footballer.

In one way its a good thing. When Pitman eventually gets a start he'll be so fired up to show what he can do that he'll (hopefully) bag a hat trick.

SL seemed to indicate that one way or another it'd be decided in January. If he goes, I'm confident Brett Pitman will prove to be as good and if he's playing for the second half of the season I think he'll stay. If Maynard stays in January without signing then McInnes has to decide whether goals now are more important than keeping Pitman long term, guess it will depend on where we are.

For now, Maynard's playing well and scoring so we're best off putting it to the backs of our minds.

I agree, although I fear it is far more difficult for Pitman to put it to the back of his mind I fear the damage may already be done, one thing is for sure this will certainly be a test of the DM's man management skills of which St Johnstone fans tell us is skill at which he excels.

I have, like many City fans every sympathy for Pitman. He is a class striker and maybe his 'tantrum'( if that's what it was) shows how frustarted he must be to be not starting games. That said he has to accept that the team is winning without him playing much of a part. Its all apart of being a professional footballer.

In one way its a good thing. When Pitman eventually gets a start he'll be so fired up to show what he can do that he'll (hopefully) bag a hat trick.

The real damage was inflicted by Millen who kept faith with NM in a 9 game winless and goaless run, that must really stick in his craw.

The real damage was inflicted by Millen who kept faith with NM in a 9 game winless and goaless run, that must really stick in his craw.

Can't see that being a factor. Millen has gone and any beef Pitman may have had with him will have left with him. New broom and all that........

I'd guess his mood was more down to Albert failing to pass to him when completely unmarked with two minutes to go.

To be fair to Albert he was knackered by then, but Brett would surely have made it three........

I like Brett, but he was well out of order to keep on at Albert about not passing to him. No doubt should have passed, however Albert just had a blinder and the team had the game in the bag.

Get on with it and work harder to get in a team on the up :winner_third_h4h:

Should DM be looking to change a winnning formula to accomodate Pitman ? No. We can only guess at what will happen with Maynard come January, but it is surely down to Pitman to act in a professional manner and accept that the team and results come 1st. Things are on the up and we`re finally moving in the right direction. The xmas/new year fixtures could prove to be key with an opportunity to really push up the table and if we can continue this great run of form there`s also the FA Cup to look forward to (finally !). Pitman will get his chance and i`ve no doubt that Del is more than capable of managing this situation. It`s time to keep the toys in the pram if indeed they were ever thrown out.

PDG

• Admin

From the way McInnes was speaking on Radio Bristol before the game, he sounds like he empathises with Brett. He told the interviewer that Pitman had been superb in training & he would have liked to include him in the team but felt the line-up that played so well at Millwall deserved, and more importantly was suited to face Southampton.

I wouldn't be surprised if DMac finds a way to include Brett in a starting line-up sooner rather than later.

Was last off the pitch. Over by dolman right at the end. His face was like thunder, he was so hacked off! Smashed the ball with fury towards the Atyeo!

I know we can all see things differently but this is totally and utterly the opposite of how I saw it, which was right infront of me.

Like he often does he walked over the the Eastend /Dolman corner, he was applauding and taking applause. He saw the ball had been left and trotted over to it. He quite casually went for goal, no temper and no fury, then carried on with applause as he went towards the tunnel.

From the way McInnes was speaking on Radio Bristol before the game, he sounds like he empathises with Brett. He told the interviewer that Pitman had been superb in training & he would have liked to include him in the team but felt the line-up that played so well at Millwall deserved, and more importantly was suited to face Southampton.

I wouldn't be surprised if DMac finds a way to include Brett in a starting line-up sooner rather than later.

BP is a very good player. But City is in a good run and the teamperformance is good. I as all the supporters I think will have BP in City. But at the moment who will he replace? Sure he is frustrated but his time will come sooner or later.

i cudnt care less what pitman thinks at the moment to be honest.....this is a winning team, and maynard and adomah are electric at the mo,and maynard put one hell of a shift in today and scored a typical goal.....if he goes in jan so be it, but if he scores enough goals to move us out of relegation zone by then it would be worth it...Pitman has to ride it out he will get a chance and yes maybe he should have done under Millen, but that is long gone now....and Maynard is proving exactly why he is more highly rated

Archived