IGNORED

Pitman Has Had Enough

BristolBEAT

Steady or AN OTHER can do the job NM does, Pitman can't.

BP is a moody player, if he isn't in the side, he will moan & not work hard in training, that's his personality.

I am sure we could find another striker who can play up top on his own.

BCAGFC

Pitmans a goal scorer, very hard to come by. They cost money, which we are unlikely to be brandishing about in large doses so it's essential McInnes keeps Pitman happy whilst he's waiting in the wings for Maynards departure.

Pitman has always been a sulker thought his career, was always going to happen at some point, most managers are going to find him tough to manage, when he has Maynard in front of him and scoring goals, in a team that plays one up top, yourmalwaysmgoing to have unhappy forwards,

It's a case of keeping him motivated and making him take his chances

• Admin

Pitman has always been a sulker thought his career, was always going to happen at some point, most managers are going to find him tough to manage, when he has Maynard in front of him and scoring goals, in a team that plays one up top, yourmalwaysmgoing to have unhappy forwards,

It's a case of keeping him motivated and making him take his chances

Well Derek said on the radio before the game that he's been training very well so it would appear he isn't sulking.

Pitmans a goal scorer, very hard to come by. They cost money, which we are unlikely to be brandishing about in large doses so it's essential McInnes keeps Pitman happy whilst he's waiting in the wings for Maynards departure.

Pitman is a class finisher but hasn't got the ability/workrate/fitness to play up top on his own, perhaps next season, when NM is gone and we have a stronger defence/midfield, he will get his chance in a front 2.

Until then, he will have to wait for his chance, if he can't handle that and causes problems within the squad, then he is better off not here.

If he bides his time and works hard, then he will have his chance and it will be up to him to take it.

At the moment, NM deserves his place in the side.

BCAGFC

I know we can all see things differently but this is totally and utterly the opposite of how I saw it, which was right infront of me.

Like he often does he walked over the the Eastend /Dolman corner, he was applauding and taking applause. He saw the ball had been left and trotted over to it. He quite casually went for goal, no temper and no fury, then carried on with applause as he went towards the tunnel.

Yep, that's the way I saw it too.

I know Del is historically quite keen on 4-4-2 but clearly didn't want to tamper with a winning formula or risk getting overrun by a free-scoring team like Southampton.

I don't think we'll be playing one up front all through the season though and Brett's time will come.

Yep, that's the way I saw it too.

I know Del is historically quite keen on 4-4-2 but clearly didn't want to tamper with a winning formula or risk getting overrun by a free-scoring team like Southampton.

I don't think we'll be playing one up front all through the season though and Brett's time will come.

i'm sure you are correct, my point is and always has been sooner or later, somebody is going to have to grab the bull by the horns and say to NM it's make your mind up time.

How on earth Pitman is getting stick I've no idea. People are just making up bollocks about him sulking and being lazy, why do it? Sure he's frustrated but it doesn't sound like he's been causing any problems whatsoever, there has been nothing to suggest this other than otib bellends needlessly stirring shit. Ridiculous.

We are playing exceptionally well at the moment and Maynard is doing well so deserves his place. If anything Brett would have been more angry sitting on the bench during Maynard's barren run as he watched him do f ** k all every week and still start every game whilst Brett was either benched or hoarded out on the left wing. I pray we don't lose him as he's a cracking player and I'm sure he features very much in Del Boy's long-term plans. Now can we please stop spouting nonsense for the sake of it.

How on earth Pitman is getting stick I've no idea. People are just making up bollocks about him sulking and being lazy, why do it? Sure he's frustrated but it doesn't sound like he's been causing any problems whatsoever, there has been nothing to suggest this other than otib bellends needlessly stirring shit. Ridiculous.

We are playing exceptionally well at the moment and Maynard is doing well so deserves his place. If anything Brett would have been more angry sitting on the bench during Maynard's barren run as he watched him do f ** k all every week and still start every game whilst Brett was either benched or hoarded out on the left wing. I pray we don't lose him as he's a cracking player and I'm sure he features very much in Del Boy's long-term plans. Now can we please spouting nonsense for the sake of it.

Well put, well read, I agree with every word, Pitman knows why he isn't playing NOW, but the 9 winless and goaless NM games, how does anyone explain that to him?.

Pitman has always been a sulker thought his career, was always going to happen at some point, most managers are going to find him tough to manage,

Always been a sulker, tough to manage?

Bit of a character assassination of a player who always seems to have a smile on his face on the pitch - what are you basing these comments on? dunno.gif

Steady or AN OTHER can do the job NM does, Pitman can't.

BP is a moody player, if he isn't in the side, he will moan & not work hard in training, that's his personality.

I am sure we could find another striker who can play up top on his own.

BCAGFC

This just isn't true, Pitman is far closer to the type of player Maynard is than Stead and McInnes himself said that Brett's been on fire in training.

This sulky thing is just third hand from Bournemouth and there's been no evidence of it here.

Pitman will get his chance in January I'm sure. The way Maynard smashed the ball towards the Atyeo for his goal suggests he'll be gone soon.

I'm glad our reserves are upset if not playing. Maynard has earnt his place though, its not as if Pitman is being overlooked when Maynard couldn't score in a brothel, as he was under Millen.

Anway, I don't think I've ever seen Pitman sulk.

If Maynard stays in January without signing then McInnes has to decide whether goals now are more important than keeping Pitman long term, guess it will depend on where we are.

Sorry if I've quoted you out of context Nibor, but I don't quite understand the 'goals' thing.

Pitman is prolific IMO.

At the start of February, if Maynard is still here but has not signed his contract, then IMO Pitman HAS to start. If he plays, IMO he will score just as many goals as Maynard.

After January, if Maynard is still here, we will get nothing for him anyway.

Lot of IMO's there, but I think most will agree... :D

Always been a sulker, tough to manage?

Bit of a character assassination of a player who always seems to have a smile on his face on the pitch - what are you basing these comments on? dunno.gif

This just isn't true, Pitman is far closer to the type of player Maynard is than Stead and McInnes himself said that Brett's been on fire in training.

This sulky thing is just third hand from Bournemouth and there's been no evidence of it here.

Not sure about playing with a smile on his face, he's happy when he's scoring goals and thats it, example yesterday when albert didnt pass to him, his reaction is just normal Pitman, whenever he's not playing hes always unhappy on the bench and moans when he comes off,

Going back to Bournemouth, claridge has said a few times that he's attitude can be very off at times,

All that Said, I'm not having a go at pitman at all, you always get strikers with his mentality and that good as long as you have a manager who keeps him motivated correctly, he reminds me very much in some ways of tony Thorpe, only happy when he's playing and getting goals, which is an attitude I'd rather have any day than the likes of Stewart and hunt

Ive read this thread with intrigue and quite clearly there is something a miss.

We have a striker in a run of form, playing well ( after previously people saying he was rubbish etc etc and completely pouring scorn on him to the nth degree) as part of a team that are bang in form as well, yet we should drop him because his contract is out at the end of the season, and his understudy/counterpart/replacement (delete as appropriate) may get fed up and leave as well.

Afaik Bret's contracted here until 2013 which is the end of next season.

Should Maynard sign or not sign a contract, is irrelevant at this point because unless we sell Pitman or he demand's a transfer and gets transferred, he is here he is a contracted player until 2013.

Ergo, what the hell is the kerfuffle about? If they are good enough they will play, if they are not, they wont. Formation plays it part and playing with one out and out striker is tough at the moment. Instead of sounding like a load of old fishwives, we should be happy that we have one great striker and another one who can come into the fray should he be needed. And will likely be 1st choice either by seasons end if Maynard goes in Jan or from next season should Maynard go.

So yeah where's the beef?

All true mate and I'm sure Brett knows he's gonna get his chance sooner than later anyway... He's on a good contract I'd imagine and is still playing Championship football at the end of the day...

The point I was trying to make on another thread though was less to do with keeping Brett happy and more to do with getting him settled in the team so that there's no drop off in form/results when Nicky leaves (which I think he will unfortunately)... Opinion is mixed as to whether Brett can play the same lone striker role as Nicky cos of his pace which means he either needs to build a partnership with Stead/Clarkson or we need to bring someone in... All of which takes time...

Have no doubt that Brett will supply just as many goals as Nicky in the long term but with the league as tight as it is I think (once we're out of the bottom three and a little more secure) we should be experimenting in advance...

All academic for now anyay until we're out of the poop cos you can't change a team that's in this kind of form (which I'm sure Brett understands too by the way) if Nicky doesn't sign by end of December I'd put Brett in personally...

There's some shameful comments about Pitman on this thread, comments that I have no doubt been made up and pulled out of thin air, I doubt one of the "experts" spouting nonsense about him being moody, etc have ever met Brett, as for the original post..........!!!!!!!!!!

Maynard needs to decide where he will be next season, I think he owes us that, if he's going in January then I wish him well and look forward to see Brett taking over his mantle, if he decides to stay then McInnes will continue to have a very positive selection problem on his hands.

There's some shameful comments about Pitman on this thread, comments that I have no doubt been made up and pulled out of thin air, I doubt one of the "experts" spouting nonsense about him being moody, etc have ever met Brett, as for the original post..........!!!!!!!!!!

Maynard needs to decide where he will be next season, I think he owes us that, if he's going in January then I wish him well and look forward to see Brett taking over his mantle, if he decides to stay then McInnes will continue to have a very positive selection problem on his hands.

I fully agree, I think the awkward questions need to be asked and everybody knows where they stand, if it is not addressed soon it impact on plans for next season.

Sorry but he has to grow up.

He is a very good player but it is not just about him.

It is a team game and you can't change a wining side.

His turn will come later on in the season and when it does he needs to take it .

What about a team that failed to win in 9 games and NM failed to find the net in all of those games?. Don't just cherry pick the anti Pitman posts on this thread based on his 'body language', things that Steve Claridge may or may not have said. He knows why he is NOT playing now, that's not the point.

I am not anti Pitman. As I said he is a very good player and can score goals.

It was down to the last manager that didn't pick him not me.

I would love to see him up front with Maynard.

Maynard is the main striker at the club and as all teams do they keep there best striker on the pitch

even when he is not scoring , hoping for a change of luck.

As I said , there a long way to go before the season ends and Pitman will be ther to help out and score goals

I am not anti Pitman. As I said he is a very good player and can score goals.

It was down to the last manager that didn't pick him not me.

I would love to see him up front with Maynard.

Maynard is the main striker at the club and as all teams do they keep there best striker on the pitch

even when he is not scoring , hoping for a change of luck.

As I said , there a long way to go before the season ends and Pitman will be ther to help out and score goals

I never suggested you were anti Pitman, I was alluding to some of the ill in formed posts made about him, although you did say " he needs to grow up ", based on what?.

Sorry if I've quoted you out of context Nibor, but I don't quite understand the 'goals' thing.

Pitman is prolific IMO.

At the start of February, if Maynard is still here but has not signed his contract, then IMO Pitman HAS to start. If he plays, IMO he will score just as many goals as Maynard.

After January, if Maynard is still here, we will get nothing for him anyway.

Lot of IMO's there, but I think most will agree... :D

It's not that I think Pitman won't get goals, but it's a risk to replace a striker who is scoring (assuming Maynard still is).

I think Pitman could go on to be just as good as Nicky and probably for longer too since his game isn't based on pace but unless we're pretty much guaranteed mid table anonymity leaving an on form Maynard out would be hard.

I'd like to see them both play together but right now's not the time to change the system.

Ive read this thread with intrigue and quite clearly there is something a miss.

We have a striker in a run of form, playing well ( after previously people saying he was rubbish etc etc and completely pouring scorn on him to the nth degree) as part of a team that are bang in form as well, yet we should drop him because his contract is out at the end of the season, and his understudy/counterpart/replacement (delete as appropriate) may get fed up and leave as well.

Afaik Bret's contracted here until 2013 which is the end of next season.

Should Maynard sign or not sign a contract, is irrelevant at this point because unless we sell Pitman or he demand's a transfer and gets transferred, he is here he is a contracted player until 2013.

Ergo, what the hell is the kerfuffle about? If they are good enough they will play, if they are not, they wont. Formation plays it part and playing with one out and out striker is tough at the moment. Instead of sounding like a load of old fishwives, we should be happy that we have one great striker and another one who can come into the fray should he be needed. And will likely be 1st choice either by seasons end if Maynard goes in Jan or from next season should Maynard go.

So yeah where's the beef?

He wants to play and at the end of this season he has one year left on his contract. If he doesn't get a decent run in the side this season, he's not going to sign a new one is he? Then we'll lose him for nowt or a fraction of his worth and need to spend seven figures to replace him. It's a concern, especially if Maynard is intending to leave anyway.

Sorry but he has to grow up.

He is a very good player but it is not just about him.

It is a team game and you can't change a wining side.

His turn will come later on in the season and when it does he needs to take it .

have to say ,its only a team game if your in it.

it wasnt a winning side and he didnt get in, we are only winning recently.

he turned down a chance to play in prem for us so he must be absolutely gutted at not getting a run of games , i think he will score a lot of goals given a run at centre forward not winger.

He wants to play and at the end of this season he has one year left on his contract. If he doesn't get a decent run in the side this season, he's not going to sign a new one is he? Then we'll lose him for nowt or a fraction of his worth and need to spend seven figures to replace him. It's a concern, especially if Maynard is intending to leave anyway.

That's the worry I guess; while Pitman isn't playing he ain't gonna sign a new contract. If Maynard then leaves, Pitman becomes the main man and scores a load in the first half of the season, we're in exactly the same situation we're in now with Nicky. I think the club really need to get an answer one way or te other. I wouldn't hold it against him if he just came out and said "I'm leaving for nowt"

So what is with the incessant worrying? its clear that unless he throws his toys out of the pram, he is likely to be first choice sooner rather than later. Speculating that he may do that and may do that because of 'well informed' opinion, just creates panic amongst the fans when there is no need.

It's not a concern here. Maynard may stay he may go. If Pitman does the business he will play. Mc Innes seems to change the formation to suit the opponent and if it requires two strikers its very likely it will be Pitman and Maynard upfront. If Pitman does go, then he goes. it's football life goes on, we will get another striker.

Consistently 2nd guessing what may or may not happen because he is currently on the bench isnt going to do any favours to anyone and will just add fuel to the flames of the anti Maynard brigade and reinforce the Pro Pitman brigade that we will lose out, based on nothing concrete and whipping up a completely uneccessary frenzy

Staying up is the priority, once that is done and dusted im sure that other things will be looked at, should Maynard go in Jan, then Pitman will be 1st choice as said before. There isnt any beef, its all hypothesis at this stage. If it were to become a real problem then Im sure it will be addressed. Until that point quit with the needless scaremongering

Have you actually read what I posted in this thread?

I answered because you didn't seem to understand what the concern was, hopefully now you do.

As for having unfounded concerns or scaremongering I'll assume you're taking the piss given the massive amount of irony I could read into that.

Archived