IGNORED

Crazy Crazy Results

Red Robin

Wow what a result,completly unexpected.

Why can't this group of players not produce week in,week out.

It shows they can do it,they have just beat the top side twice within a month.

It is so annoying knowing they have it in them to produce.

Fantastic result tonight,2012 hopefully can only get better.

Far easier to grin out a result than to dictate a game based on your own skills

While I can kinda agree with that as a general point, how that applies here- Come again!?

More shots on target, more possession- albeit not by much and far less fouls. Oh and a goal disallowed for offside in dubious circumstances. Yes we defended well- Saints fan on another site I post on hailed our Centre Backs and James- and even in 2011 defending is still a very pivotal part of the game! :)

The Championship is a crazy division any team can beat anybody and when it comes to Christmas time there is always crazy results, Wolves drawing at Arsenal, and many top teams in all divisions during the Xmas period have struggled but the championship is the hardest to predict, we lose at the bottom club but win at the top club sums up our league.

That is bristol City for you one week we go and lose to the worst team in the league and the next beat the best team amazing.

TBH I felt we could go down there and get a result tonight and I told my work mates that. Just wish I put money on it.

We played ok at Cov and were unlucky not to get an early goal and an equaliser straight after they scored. I left the ground thinking we were on the up, despite losing.

Against Saints I the most I hoped for was a goal and a decent performance. This is a very unexpected delight. Congrats to Mcinnes for making some brave changes.

Will he bring back Kilkenny for the Millwall match? - he was my MOM in the away win at the Den.

you said it in the OP.

Beat the same side, they themselves said Lallana was shocking. It would appear that we win when people don't mark Kilkenny out of the game. Had a fiver on this game for that reason, they're good at going at teams but defensively they don't close quick enough. Im thinking teams may suss this and it might be a difficult 2012 for southampton.

For us though it was a great 3 points so lets just enjoy ending the year on a good note and look forward to a HUGE month ahead.

That is bristol City for you one week we go and lose to the worst team in the league and the next beat the best team amazing.

And it's been going on for years irrespective of players & manager! As you say; that's Bristol City.

TBH I felt we could go down there and get a result tonight and I told my work mates that. Just wish I put money on it.

wasn't the best odds - I had £5 at 7 - 1 - which ended up covering my losses on the darts - great win though!

And it's been going on for years irrespective of players & manager! As you say; that's Bristol City.

Absolutely right.

Last season City went to Swansea and won 1-0. That was a result no-one expected. Another 3 points at Leicester earlier this season.City doing well against the top sides but struggling against the lower teams is all too familiar and goes back years and years.

Wow what a result,completly unexpected.

Why can't this group of players not produce week in,week out.

It shows they can do it,they have just beat the top side twice within a month.

It is so annoying knowing they have it in them to produce.

Fantastic result tonight,2012 hopefully can only get better.

Indeed, it was a fantastic and totally unexpected result last night. A big surprise today also with Blackburn Rovers beating Man U at Old Trafford and on Sir Alex Ferguson's birthday. What would the odds have been for that BCFC and BRFC win double ????!!!! Circa 300/1?

Indeed, it was a fantastic and totally unexpected result last night. A big surprise today also with Blackburn Rovers beating Man U at Old Trafford and on Sir Alex Ferguson's birthday. What would the odds have been for that BCFC and BRFC win double ????!!!! Circa 300/1?

Not to mention Chelsea loosing on their own patch.

Millwall is a huge game,win that and we are back in the pack.

Not to mention Chelsea loosing on their own patch.

Millwall is a huge game,win that and we are back in the pack.

Think we will beat Millwall, the confidence is back and Millwall dont scores so often. Any game is difficault in cc but it would be nice if we can take an easy win vs Millwall. The results went our way today. As You said next game is a keygame. COYR!!!

I just read back to the 2003-04 season;

"The team was playing neat, passing football even whenclearing from defence, but scoring chances were not being created.The low point of the season occurred a few weekslater when City lost 3-0 at bottom placed Wycombe. City recovered however aided by such wins as4-1 at Brighton, to climb back into play off contention. They won all three games at Christmas andcontinued the run into 2004 to climb into 3rd position chasing QPRand Plymouth".

Idle interest; that was 8 years ago, how long to QPR & Plymouth are in the same division again? 07-08 Plymouth were 4 places above QPR in the Championship; it was 2009-10 thwy went their different ways. Further musing; by beating Brighton 4-1 again in the PO Final at the end of 03-04, would Danny Wilson still be our Manager and would wehave kept pace with QPR?

Think we will beat Millwall, the confidence is back and Millwall dont scores so often. Any game is difficault in cc but it would be nice if we can take an easy win vs Millwall. The results went our way today. As You said next game is a keygame. COYR!!!

If we beat Millwall Tuesday,i really think we can start pulling away from the bottom three.

The games coming look pretty good.

2012 onwards and upwards hopefully.

If we beat Millwall Tuesday,i really think we can start pulling away from the bottom three.

So many times in the past City have failed to build and capitalise on a good performance, I really hope we can get the 3 points on Tuesday.

I have a feeling we will be right up for it.

The players need a huge change in attitude if we are to pull away.

It seems we are up for it when playing top of the table teams, but off the pace playing teams lower down the table. I think Del boy has to start handing out some massive bollockings because is they continue to take lax attitudes in what the face of it should be the games we should be winning to pull clear, then we will very quickly be pulled back into the relegation zone.

Yes they can take all the plaudits for the Southampton game, but the Coventry and Forest games were the ones they should have been hell bent on winning, and they just did not seem as up for it as they did against Southampton!

Time to buck their ideas up, Hopefully with Carey back he can captain them properly, as I don't think we have a decent on field captain other than him.

So many times in the past City have failed to build and capitalise on a good performance, I really hope we can get the 3 points on Tuesday.

I have a feeling we will be right up for it.

Yep this is the time this bunch of players have got to start performing consistently over a period of time.

I really think the tide is going to change.

The players need a huge change in attitude if we are to pull away.

It seems we are up for it when playing top of the table teams, but off the pace playing teams lower down the table. I think Del boy has to start handing out some massive bollockings because is they continue to take lax attitudes in what the face of it should be the games we should be winning to pull clear, then we will very quickly be pulled back into the relegation zone.

Yes they can take all the plaudits for the Southampton game, but the Coventry and Forest games were the ones they should have been hell bent on winning, and they just did not seem as up for it as they did against Southampton!

Time to buck their ideas up, Hopefully with Carey back he can captain them properly, as I don't think we have a decent on field captain other than him.

I really hope Louis keeps his place,a true leader on the pitch,noone have his leadership skills.

I hope he keeps his place,he deserves it.

I really hope Louis keeps his place,a true leader on the pitch,noone have his leadership skills.

Without doubt, he gets a hard time on here for being old and slow, Carey was never quick in the first place, his know how on the pitch seems very undervalued, I believe with his old head our back line will work better as a unit. He will have far more good games than bad games,

Without doubt, he gets a hard time on here for being old and slow, Carey was never quick in the first place, his know how on the pitch seems very undervalued, I believe with his old head our back line will work better as a unit. He will have far more good games than bad games,

LC definatly has something still to offer,the saints fans we're saying he was outstanding that night.

He can produce more like that I'm sure.

His experiance and quality is second to no one at the club. In defence.

Carey's performance at St Mary's is an example of what can motivate a player when they lose their first team place. Shame City don't have enough squad depth for McInnes to employ the same motivation on other regular first teamers

Archived