IGNORED

Brighton Match Thread

_Bristol-City_

The way i see it

James

Foster - Carey - Nyantagna - McGivern

Skuse Elliot Kilkenny - Woolford

Wood - Maynard

Solid three in midfield breaking up play, Foster playing wider on the right making runs will woolford playing left wing. I don't see it as an out and out 442, its almost a 5-3-2. Or atleast I hope that's what it is.. neither Skuse, Killa or Elliot are wingers.

The way i see it

James

Foster - Carey - Nyantagna - McGivern

Skuse Elliot Kilkenny - Woolford

Wood - Maynard

Solid three in midfield breaking up play, Foster playing wider on the right making runs will woolford playing left wing. I don't see it as an out and out 442, its almost a 5-3-2. Or atleast I hope that's what it is.. neither Skuse, Killa or Elliot are wingers.

When was the last time Skuse and Elliott played together in a 'solid' midfield 3, not very often in the past 2 years I fear.

Agreed.

It looks a poor and unbalanced line up to me.

Looks as if the formation is just to accommodate Wood - I hope it pays off.

It does seem centered around Wood. Maybe he is playing Skuse and Woolford wide for work rate and nothing more!? I can see us playing direct to Wood and Maynard feeding off any scraps.

reckon they might line up like this, bar defence of course

----------------------------Skuse--------Killa-----------Elliot-----------------------------

-----Maynard----------------------------------------------------------------Woolford-----

--------------------------------------------Wood----------------------------------------------

with maynard cutting in to support Wood

Albert's a massive loss, such a great player and no doubt Del would have particularly wanted him on the right for Foster's debut.

Albert hasn't been right since that monstrous assault at Coventry so let's hope his absence is short and beneficial.

That would be the intention. Whether it would materialise with the players at Del's disposal is a different matter.

i'm not being funny but i'm sure that was the intention for every game in the past 2 years that they have been paired together and it more often than not proved to be poor combination, still perhaps we have a manager who can actually make it work.

reckon they might line up like this, bar defence of course

----------------------------Skuse--------Killa-----------Elliot-----------------------------

-----Maynard----------------------------------------------------------------Woolford-----

--------------------------------------------Wood----------------------------------------------

with maynard cutting in to support Wood

I think it will be a flat 4-4-2 to be honest. Skuse and Wooly provide work rate and nothing more from wide to allow the luxury of playing 2 up top.

Archived