IGNORED

The 'not The Nicky Maynard' Thread...........

42nite

If I was either City or Doncaster manager, I would DEFINATELY not want to lose Saturdays game!

We are 4 points clear, if we lost we would only be 1 point ahead.

Doncaster are 4 points behind us, if they lost they would then be 7 points behind us. Basic maths so far.

Now the respective managers mentality comes into the equation, I don't think either will be prepared to take too many chances and risk losing this game.

Therefore my prediction is a very tight defensive set up by both teams resulting in a very satisfying 0-0 draw. (For the managers).

City may hope for a fluke own goal (Watford style), and Doncaster will hope that Diouf gets into our box and takes a tumble. Probably either teams best chances of scoring!!

There, that should ensure a 4-4 draw!

Judging by delboys comments Saturday I think he will start the 3 subs - cisse, bolasie and pitman as he said these guys came on and made an impact and IMO have earned themselves a place in the starting line up. Whether or not Del shares my view is another matter.

My team;

James

Foster

Wilson

Nyatanga

McGivern

Adomah

Cisse

Elliot

Kilkenny

Pearson

Pitman

Subs;

Gerkin

Carey

JCR

Wood

Maynard

Judging by delboys comments Saturday I think he will start the 3 subs - cisse, bolasie and pitman as he said these guys came on and made an impact and IMO have earned themselves a place in the starting line up. Whether or not Del shares my view is another matter.

All three certainly made an impact at Brighton but in circumstances that required a 'gung ho' approach. 0-2 down with not much time left. I doubt that the same three would have had the same impact over 90 mins. We all know McInnes likes to set up defensively especially away from home and he almost certainly won't start with both Pitman and Bolasie against Donny even though the game is AG. Cisse will play if Elliot is injured and he'll play Foster in front of Skuse if Albert is out. When Foster got forward against Brighton he looked a threat with his pace.

Clouded by hatred/jealousy.

Out of form Maynard always quickly turns into in form Maynard. We won't go down with him upfront.

Ah yes, as he's shown this season, his form has been inspiring, so inspiring that Prem sides are queing up to make a bid for him, i'm surprised the club had time to comment on the AV decision with the mountain of paperwork from the massive number of bids from teams in the Prem for Maynard. :tumbleweed:

Ah yes, as he's shown this season, his form has been inspiring, so inspiring that Prem sides are queing up to make a bid for him, i'm surprised the club had time to comment on the AV decision with the mountain of paperwork from the massive number of bids from teams in the Prem for Maynard. :tumbleweed:

Exactly what I said. Clapetty clap clap for you.

Are we in the relegation zone? No. Has Maynard started every game that Derek has been here? yes. If we took our points per game since Derek arrived and stretched that over the entire season would we be in or around the play-offs? Yes.

He is on eight goals the same as the likes of Phillips at Blackpool, Cole at West Ham, is he having such a bad season eight goals in a team in a relegation fight at this stage of the season is that so bad.?, Lambert aside he is only three goals behind the next top scorer in the division. 8 goals in 26 games is almost 1 goal in every three games which is a good rate in any proffesional football.

He is on eight goals the same as the likes of Phillips at Blackpool, Cole at West Ham, is he having such a bad season eight goals in a team in a relegation fight at this stage of the season is that so bad.?, Lambert aside he is only three goals behind the next top scorer in the division. 8 goals in 26 games is almost 1 goal in every three games which is a good rate in any proffesional football.

hes started 13 more games that Phillips, 13 more games than Carlton Cole, 13 more games than Wood, who has 1 more goal, the only players in the top however many goal scorers who have as many starts as Maynard are mainly Midfielders like Robert Koren. That also doesn't take into acount that Maynards goals have come in little splurges with massive gaps inbetween, in 26 starts he's gone 10 games without a goal once and 6 games without a goal once, also Maynards assist record is hardly great with a stunning 2, while you find that a lot of the other players in the top 20 goal scorers are also there in the top assist records.

I could handle it if when not scoring Maynard added a lot to the team, but if he doesn't score IMO he does very, very little.

Take brighton for example, Maynard had a grand total of 0 shots, Wood managed 1, Pitman in 14 minutes managed the same number of shots as Wood and Maynard, and more on target than the other players combined.

No pitman jammy?

Definitely don't have anything against the guy, although he could probably do with being on the bench. I think a strong team and strong tactics doesn't always mean the strongest players. I think Pitman is better when paired with someone else who can hold the ball up (Stead maybe?) in a 442 where chances are created up front as opposed to 5 man midfield. If Pitman were to be first choice we would need to play 2 strikers - but we don't have the midfield for it. Maybe a 532 could work with Wood + Pitman up front - I'm sure Foster could handle being a wingback, but will McGivern?

The "not the Nicky Maynard Thread" predictably turned into a Nicky Maynard thread.

Anyway, I can't see it being a 0-0 draw. Doncaster had 5 attacking players on the pitch against Cardiff and I assume they'll do the same against us. And if McInnes wants to go 4-4-2 to fit in Wood and Maynard/Pitman up top, which I think he will, it could be a very open game with a few goals.

I predict a 2-3 loss as I just don't trust some of the players in games like this where there is a bit of pressure.

Yes, regardless of what you think of the guy everyone must admit that it is starting to become more than a little boring.

Back to the topic... Since the beginning of Dec (7 games) Donny's league record is; W-3 D-1 L-3, GF-7 GA-10.

Over same period (and no. of games) our comparative record is; W-2 D-1 L-4, GF-3 GA-6.

This is going to be interesting, as we defend better but can't score and they score but defend worse.

Agree, a 0-0 is not something I'd put money on, but it concerns me that we seem so toothless.

Only ray of light is Donny have lost their last 5 away games, shipping 14 goals in the process.

hes started 13 more games that Phillips, 13 more games than Carlton Cole, 13 more games than Wood, who has 1 more goal, the only players in the top however many goal scorers who have as many starts as Maynard are mainly Midfielders like Robert Koren. That also doesn't take into acount that Maynards goals have come in little splurges with massive gaps inbetween, in 26 starts he's gone 10 games without a goal once and 6 games without a goal once, also Maynards assist record is hardly great with a stunning 2, while you find that a lot of the other players in the top 20 goal scorers are also there in the top assist records.

I could handle it if when not scoring Maynard added a lot to the team, but if he doesn't score IMO he does very, very little.

Take brighton for example, Maynard had a grand total of 0 shots, Wood managed 1, Pitman in 14 minutes managed the same number of shots as Wood and Maynard, and more on target than the other players combined.

My last comment on Maynard, the season he scored the 21 goals he went through similar stages that season without scoring and all season only had 5 assist, he is never going to be and a goal provider, yes he has missed a few sitters this season including a couple of pens but all strikers do this and most of the players of teams in the list have scored double the goals we have this season, so this tells you they are most probably creating double the chances if he stays until the end of the season and ends up with 15 goals in this current side i think that is a good achievement.

Out of form Maynard always quickly turns into in form Maynard. We won't go down with him upfront.

I don't hate the bloke at all. He's done what most people would have. Also like most people, he knows he is going and his heart isnt in it. Think if you think Maynard is going to come good again before he goes, you have been drinking too much fizzy pop!

No one hates Maynard - were just Bristol City fans. Maynard will go and we will still support city long after he's gone. Good players come and go.... and he wants to go. He should be our history by now.

We coped without maynard last season - a certain brett pitman did the business - and after a poor start we managed to stay well away from relegation

with Maynard we have been in a relegation battle all season so far....

of course, its not Maynards fault - but you are making a case for brett without even realising.....

The way maynard is playing and the fact he has his head elsewhere and he wont want to get injured - it is totally possible that we could go down.

No one hates Maynard - were just Bristol City fans. Maynard will go and we will still support city long after he's gone. Good players come and go.... and he wants to go. He should be our history by now.

We coped without maynard last season - a certain brett pitman did the business - and after a poor start we managed to stay well away from relegation 1

with Maynard we have been in a relegation battle all season so far....

of course, its not Maynards fault - but you are making a case for brett without even realising.....

The way maynard is playing and the fact 2 he has his head elsewhere and he wont want to get injured - it is totally possible that we could go down.

1Without wanting to ruin your amazing argument here, but last season we were still very much in danger of getting relegated (according to a lot of fans on here) until Nicky came back into the side and scored a fantastic run of goals that coincided with a brilliant run to steer us to midtable.

2That isn't a fact at all. Your opinion perhaps but it has absolutely no factual basis.

next.

Archived