IGNORED

Bradley Orr

Pete1975Legend

Hey i have fond memories of Orr, whats pants though? Can't see any Prem manager with a straight mind going in for him.

m

ainly the bit about Carey, who as far as I remember it was the aggresor in a situation that could have easily been diffused. Bradley Orr, contrary to your previous assertion is the IDEAL role model because he went to the brink (prison) and came back to sort his life out and become a respected player on and off the pitch by supporters and rivals alike.

m

ainly the bit about Carey, who as far as I remember it was the aggresor in a situation that could have easily been diffused. Bradley Orr, contrary to your previous assertion is the IDEAL role model because he went to the brink (prison) and came back to sort his life out and become a respected player on and off the pitch by supporters and rivals alike.

Role models don't win football matches, footballers do. On that front Bradley is a decent defender but not much more I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure coming back from QPR he'd want top end wages for our squad and frankly I doubt very much it would be worth it. There should be better ways to spend the money.

Role models don't win football matches, footballers do. On that front Bradley is a decent defender but not much more I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure coming back from QPR he'd want top end wages for our squad and frankly I doubt very much it would be worth it. There should be better ways to spend the money.

With a level head I'd agree, but Bradley brought something that hasn't been seen in this squad much this season... Professional pride.

I wasn't giving Orr's status as a role model as a reason to bring him back though, merely disagreeing with Mr Wong about his merits as a role model.

Bradders is a legend.

m

Seconded.

With a level head I'd agree, but Bradley brought something that hasn't been seen in this squad much this season... Professional pride.

I wasn't giving Orr's status as a role model as a reason to bring him back though, merely disagreeing with Mr Wong about his merits as a role model.

Bradders is a legend.

My god. You talk actual dribble! No professional pride in our squad? So ability doesn't count... What makes Bradley Orr a legend? Explain?

My god. You talk actual dribble! No professional pride in our squad? So ability doesn't count... What makes Bradley Orr a legend? Explain?

Yes, no professional pride in allowing heads to drop and lose to Swindon and Crawley as well as the debacles against Reading, Ipswich, Blackpool and apparently Brighton. They can pick themselves up for the big games but have no pride in themselves when they think they can simply win by turning up. How else would you explain our ridiculous inconsistency? I've not once said ability doesn't count... if you're going to get involved in a discussion at least have the decency to read what I've posted... Dribbler.

Bradley Orr is a legend because he gave absolutlely everything for that shirt, made the best of his limitations to be rated as the best right back in the second tier of English football and to win titles and play Premier League football. He played with a broken face in the biggest game this club has been involved in and ran through walls. He sits with the away fans and chats like he knows you.

Struggling to name many more players in recent times who have contributed more. Tinnion, Carey, Murray, Basso and Orr. legends.

Yes, no professional pride in allowing heads to drop and lose to Swindon and Crawley as well as the debacles against Reading, Ipswich, Blackpool and apparently Brighton. They can pick themselves up for the big games but have no pride in themselves when they think they can simply win by turning up. How else would you explain our ridiculous inconsistency? I've not once said ability doesn't count... if you're going to get involved in a discussion at least have the decency to read what I've posted... Dribbler.

Bradley Orr is a legend because he gave absolutlely everything for that shirt, made the best of his limitations to be rated as the best right back in the second tier of English football and to win titles and play Premier League football. He played with a broken face in the biggest game this club has been involved in and ran through walls. He sits with the away fans and chats like he knows you.

Struggling to name many more players in recent times who have contributed more. Tinnion, Carey, Murray, Basso and Orr. legends.

likes the above :colder:

So BO wasn't involved in any embarrassing cup defeats or poor league results in his time? He brought our football club into disrepute and me for one wasn't beaming with pride at that one.

I think we were ridiculously inconsistent when he was here as well? He was a poor CM turned into an average RB, and anybody who knows football knows that full back is the easiest position on the park. Bradley is a nice guy, for sure, legend ? NO

Ateyo, Gow, Jacki, Tinman, Taylor, Murray...Legends, all with ability. Orr, a trier.

I wouldn't class Orr as a 'legend' for City, but along with Jacki & Murray, he's one of my favourite all time players (that I've seen play ofc).

PS> I wouldn't class Jacki or Murray as 'legends' either.

Legend wow bradley orr wow. bloke couldnt trap a bag of cement couldnt passwater, he was awful wasted countless crossing oportunities over hit under hit, always turned his foot when trying to cross, not saying he didnt try but effort isnt enough, he only got in qpr cos the loanie walker went back to spurs. now shown the door cos he aint good enough , you get found out the higher you go he got away with murder here.

Aren't we actually missing something with this 'Bradders' love in?. He is a footballer does anyone think that he will take a drop in the wages he now earns at QPR?, the wages that was the main motivating factor for his transfer in the first place. Does anyone really believe that we should pay a motivated but extremely limited full back the sort wage he would now expect?.

Right back is not the problem position left back is and even if by some sort of divine intervention little Nicky leaves us for any sort of fee, I really believe that money and any saving in wages needs to be spent in far more important areas.

Perhaps we could all donate our pocket money to help pay his wages.

if we get a left back and maybe a couple of midfielders and maybe even a striker (if little Nicky goes), if the budget allows, why not.

Personally one of my favourite ever city players. - that does not make him a legend tho.

Those saying we shouldn't bring him in for sentimental reasons are correct. But he is far better than nearly ALL our defenders and would improve our squad. Would be a good signing.

Personally one of my favourite ever city players. - that does not make him a legend tho.

Those saying we shouldn't bring him in for sentimental reasons are correct. But he is far better than nearly ALL our defenders and would improve our squad. Would be a good signing.

Yeah we could do with the passion and a good punch up ........ just tell him 'Lewis Carey' is in goal now :)

What was that all about anyway?

I liked Brad.... he was good with us and when he left....... will he still be now......... who knows.

The first sentence is oh so true.

Perhaps the sub text for the rest of your post should be in a perfect world why not but as we are well aware at this moment in time BCFC are not in a perfect world and have far more important areas to improve.

m

Spare us the bad boy done good tale, I don't care enough. How you can defend Orr and blame Carey as the agressor is a bit werid though.

Spare us the bad boy done good tale, I don't care enough. How you can defend Orr and blame Carey as the agressor is a bit werid though.

I watched it live - Carey was the agressor. I never understood why Orr got sent off or the blame....

It was a turning point tho - so glad it happened :)

His ability was good enough to get him a contract at Newcastle who were in the Premier League, you don't do that with limited ability. In terms of committment and application, they don't come any better than Orr and Skuse would be a much better player if had just half of the committment that Orr has - don't underestimate how much that counts.

And the amount of contracted players at Premier League clubs who end up in non-league?

In 2 minds about this one. Us city fans tend to love a player who sticks a foot in and runs around a lot. Clearly every team needs a couple of those, but obviously you need players with ability around them. I really liked brad when he was here but have no qualms in saying he was seriously limited in what he could do. He isn't the future of city at right back however he would be a much needed leader in the dressing room and would show much needed passion. Who knows he might have learned to cross while at QPR. On balance I would have him back but not for half a mill and not on stupid wages. Think del will have other fish to fry as right back is not a must at the minute

Bradley Orr is better going forward than Skuse but Skuse is a better defender that Orr IMO.

I wouldn't mind him back but 500k could be spent better elsewhere.

It doesn't seem that long ago that he was receiving terrible abuse from BCFC fans including one idiot throwing a punch at him at the bottom of the Dolman..... and we were having long zzzzzz debates on here about the need to replace him because his distribution is poor. He left move on

Really? You've ascertained from the fact that we've lost a load of games this season that there is a lack of 'professional pride?' I would suggest that means the entire Championship is a 'professional pride' vacuum then, such is the inconsistency in this division this year. Ever though that perhaps it got more to do with us being a poor to average team who by definition will lose and draw more games than we win. And there also a certain hypocrisy showing from a chap who has spent a lot of time defending Nicky Maynard on these boards, despite his recent performances indicating that if any member of the squad has a lack of professional pride, it's him. I respect you sticking to your guns on the Maynard question, but I you combine your posts on him with your opinion here, the implication is not just that it's not Nicky's fault, but that it's everyone elses. I retain great affection for Bradders; he was here through some great times and left on his own terms for good reasons, but as a player he was limited at best. As a character he may improve our dressing room but he's not going to improve our team

Archived