IGNORED

Bradley Orr

Pete1975Legend

• Admin

That's why last season he was QPR's main right back when they won the Championship.

And we have massively missed his leadership and influence on the pitch, he might not be the best attacking RB in the league, but he is a good championship standard, we have not come close to replacing him.

Why not just keep Foster at right back where he's done okay and look for a new left back?

Exactly, Fosters a better player, we need a left back. Brad always gave 100% but he wasn't the best full back by a long way and his passing/crossing is terrible. Don't get all this sentiment with him, don't forget he was another one who wouldn't sign a new contract. We need better players than Brad now.

Why do City need Orr? Foster, Wilson and Skuse are all better right backs than him.

Too many fans on here live in the past.

Orr was/is an average Championship player who when he got the chance left City as soon as he got a better deal.

Havent seen enough of Foster, but no way are skuse or wilson better right backs...

Orr is the best right back I've seen play for us.... easily.

Wilson and Skuse better full backs than Orr ?

You been down the pub ?

We could do with his passion and commitment on the field, a leader which we don't now have. A very big loss when he left.

Whatever, he won't be coming back here - he'll have a number of options.

(hope he does though)

No thanks, as already explained people on here living in the past - we need to move forward not backwards. Orr certainly had his plus points - good tackler, always gave 100%

but his distribution was absolutely poor, but good luck to the Lad.

Wilson and Skuse better full backs than Orr ?

We could do with his passion and commitment on the field, a leader which we don't now have. A very big loss when he left.

Yeh, Wilson and Skuse are both better footballers than Orr.

'Bradders' seems to have impressed some City fans with his committment and 100% effort but in reality his actual footballing ability was limited at best. He got a very lucky break when QPR came in for him and now he's surplus to requirements at Loftus Road,

His ability was good enough to get him a contract at Newcastle who were in the Premier League, you don't do that with limited ability. In terms of committment and application, they don't come any better than Orr and Skuse would be a much better player if had just half of the committment that Orr has - don't underestimate how much that counts.

It wasn't a lucky break that he went to QPR - that was the offer he accepted out of a number of offers. Colin was after him for quite a while as the simple fact was that Orr was one of the best full backs in the championship. It was the amibition of QPR that attracted him rather than signing another contract for a club that was going backwards and didn't match his own ambition.

But you can relax, I can't see him coming back here.

Well put. Agreed on every count.

Nope, never go back, no matter how loved, the player was. As Ive always said, it seems a peculiarity to us lot that whenever a former player is announced as being available, if they had gone on to the same level or even higher, they are always wanted back, like they would be the 2nd coming. People have moaned about jobs for the boys etc, and signing Orr would be exactly that, job for the boys mentality that people are moaning about.

Doesnt work out else where? No worries BCFC will sign you back no questions asked, shudder.

Not strictly true ian rush back to Liverpool, Henry back to arsenal, it just lifts the club.

His ability was good enough to get him a contract at Newcastle who were in the Premier League, you don't do that with limited ability. In terms of committment and application, they don't come any better than Orr and Skuse would be a much better player if had just half of the committment that Orr has - don't underestimate how much that counts.

It wasn't a lucky break that he went to QPR - that was the offer he accepted out of a number of offers. Colin was after him for quite a while as the simple fact was that Orr was one of the best full backs in the championship. It was the amibition of QPR that attracted him rather than signing another contract for a club that was going backwards and didn't match his own ambition.

But you can relax, I can't see him coming back here.

Bradley Orr Gave his heart and soul for this football club. He put his body on the line on a hundred occasions and was a fag papers width away from getting his head between Dean Windass' 300 mile an hour volley despite having a fractured cheekbone (this may have happend after but you get the point)

I am usually a great believer in not going back, however there are exceptions and this could be one. I have pontificated on many occasions on the value of players that are not just committed to being professional footballers but are your club to the core...Players like Steve Bull, John Atyeo, Steven Gerrard and the like and making those players the spine of your team.

Yes it can be argued we have technically better footballers than Bradley Orr, but with Louis almost certainly out of contract and out of puff the only person close to one of our own is Cole Skuse.

The secret of Gary Johnsons success was that he believed in this and cultivated this atmosphere and despite losing the plot a little toward the end, as he was a little bit of a Napoleon, (no need to comment Robo) he was on the right track.

Our most succesful side was built with this type of player Gow Whitehead Merrick Gilllies Cheesley Drysdale Sweeney were players that didn't just play for the club they played for us the supporters...As some are aware more than thirty years on they all came to Gerry's Testimonial and still have an affinity to our area and our club.

Bradley has been spotted in the stands watching City at games when he was not playing on more than one occasion and he is one of the players you could put close to the bracket I have mentioned for the sheer bloody commitment he showed to this club..........

I'm not sure if this will come off (a loan until the end of the season at least), but I wont be moaning if it does!!

It doesn't matter how anyone dresses it up, Orr made his reputation at City through effort and commitment rather than his actual footballing ability. He was useful but not exactly classy or top drawer.

Orr's was hot headed, his passing was shocking, was positionally weak and his main quality apart from his huffing and puffing was his ability to get forward.

I met him a number of times and have no personal beef with him. He's a very likable bloke but not the greatest right back. City already have two right backs better than Orr ever was. I'd be truly shocked if McInnes showed any interest in him.

It doesn't matter how anyone dresses it up, Orr made his reputation at City through effort and commitment rather than his actual footballing ability. He was useful but not exactly classy or top drawer.

Orr's was hot headed, his passing was shocking, was positionally weak and his main quality apart from his huffing and puffing was his ability to get forward.

I met him a number of times and have no personal beef with him. He's a very likable bloke but not the greatest right back. City already have two right backs better than Orr ever was. I'd be truly shocked if McInnes showed any interest in him.

Have to agree with you, I thought we signed a right back, we actually need a left back apparently, having said that I bet there would be people on here would advocate re-signing David Noble.

...amd once voted by his fellow pros the best right back in the division. But what would they know? :dunno:

Have to agree with you, I thought we signed a right back, we actually need a left back apparently, having said that I bet there would be people on here would advocate re-signing David Noble.

If there was a way of going back in time and signing him at his peak, I'd have him back in a flash.

Bradley? Best leader this club has had in years, it's been no coincidence that since he left our defence hasn't been half as assured.

If there was a way of going back in time and signing him at his peak, I'd have him back in a flash.

Bradley? Best leader this club has had in years, it's been no coincidence that since he left our defence hasn't been half as assured.

if he had played to his enormous potential and applied himself like a proper professional, I would totally agree, that was never going to happen, but i'm sure he's happy.

Archived