IGNORED

Bradley Orr

Pete1975Legend

Nope, never go back, no matter how loved, the player was. As Ive always said, it seems a peculiarity to us lot that whenever a former player is announced as being available, if they had gone on to the same level or even higher, they are always wanted back, like they would be the 2nd coming. People have moaned about jobs for the boys etc, and signing Orr would be exactly that, job for the boys mentality that people are moaning about.

Doesnt work out else where? No worries BCFC will sign you back no questions asked, shudder.

Yeah we dropped a massive clanger bringing Murray and Carey back!!!

So far McInnes has signed Pearson, Foster and Wood, all three increasing either our physical or mental 'presence.'

Orr is the combative type of player that surely ticks boxes, whilst he's a proven performer in a successful side at this level.

I wouldn't jump through hoops for it, but if Foster is comfortable at left back and the fee goes from 500k to nominal, seems a smart move on a 2 year contract.

Of course the flip side is Orr left to further his career. Therefore if Southampton are interested its hard to see him plumping for us whatever his heart may or may not tell him.

Not sure you've grasped the concept of 'jobs for the boys' there. If you employ someone who adds nothing , thats 'jobs for the boys' (Pete Johnson springs instantly to mind) If you employ or re-employ someone who is better than you already have , that's a good thing and it shouldn't matter if they're coming back or not , and it certainly does not "screams that we are still a soft touch and are not moving forward."

In the case's of Murray and Carey , both were better than we had at the club in their respective positions. Neither would have needed a settling in period , so it made sense to bring them back. The same as when Tom Ritchie returned in the 80's.

Do I want Bradley back ? Not really but if DMc decides he wants him , I'll back his judgement. DMc has never worked with Orr before either so I dont think there would be any sentiment involved.

By the way , I agree that Millen giving Carey a contract in the summer was a classic case of jobs for the boys.

i have to admit that my first post was thinking about his leadership/passion and just the word ORR on the back of a shirt. i guess with time,young James or Foster can develop these leadership skills.Fonts has it to a degree,sorry for wandering o/t a bit but any news on his progress??

Yeh, Wilson and Skuse are both better footballers than Orr.

'Bradders' seems to have impressed some City fans with his committment and 100% effort but in reality his actual footballing ability was limited at best. He got a very lucky break when QPR came in for him and now he's surplus to requirements at Loftus Road,

It doesn't matter how anyone dresses it up, Orr made his reputation at City through effort and commitment rather than his actual footballing ability. He was useful but not exactly classy or top drawer.

Orr's was hot headed, his passing was shocking, was positionally weak and his main quality apart from his huffing and puffing was his ability to get forward.

I met him a number of times and have no personal beef with him. He's a very likable bloke but not the greatest right back. City already have two right backs better than Orr ever was. I'd be truly shocked if McInnes showed any interest in him.

Skuse is clearly better on the ball - but Wilson? Your having a giraffe mate - he lumps very often and I've seen nothing to suggest he has any passing ability. Though to be fair to him he's a centre back really.

Also Orr is not positionally weak at all - he was very good. He could come up against any winger and you would know it would take alot to get past. No one had to make excuses for him, like "he was exposed" - like we hear for other full backs.

Defensively, skuse is nowhere near Orr.

Again with the different understandings of the phrase. I understand it to be providing employment for someone who is either as above as well as covering the whole he used to play for us dictum, there will always be a job for you type thing As in, because you have played for us once, we will see you right no matter what, which covers exactly this potential situation..

Is Orr better than what we have? maybe/maybe not, seeing as we have a number of right backs at present and it would unbalance the squad even further. in that respect.

Though having said that Del seems to be signing more of the utility type players who can play in a number of positions and Orr can play in midfield as well, he started there iirc. So there are certainly discussions for both sides of the coin.

As for Murray and Carey, weren't they both 'tails between their legs' moves when looked at from afar. Murray started out well at Reading but was phased out once their manager changed, Pardew played Murray in the first team, Coppell, played him mainly as sub and Carey didnt really stay at Coventry long enough before he was taken back. He started pretty much every game for Coventry, but was back here asap. A case of the Joey Beauchamps, in so much that he couldnt take to being somewhere else?

Im not saying either move was bad, though I dont think Scotty was quite the same player on his return, but hanging on to past glories, or should that be past near misses, isnt really the way to go, especially with the job for the boys thing as mentioned above.

Comfy, safe and looking to the past for the future is not the way to go really

"As in, because you have played for us once, we will see you right no matter what, which covers exactly this potential situation.."

So if Orr does return , who do you think will be behind "seeing him right" given Derek McInnes was not at the club when Orr was?? Lansdown , Sexton ??

I take it you didn't see DMc on Goals on Sunday today because he said the only thing he is focussed on is keeping City in the Championship. I don't think he would allow his bosses to influence transfer policy in this way.

Am I dreaming this or are people wanting us to resign him? Really? Haha... You guys were slating him when he left, he couldn't wait to jump ship! He is over rated and Skuse, Edwards and spence are as good if not better than Bradley! Nice chap, but not going to improve us in any form! Del boy isn't this stupid.

It doesn't matter how anyone dresses it up, Orr made his reputation at City through effort and commitment rather than his actual footballing ability. He was useful but not exactly classy or top drawer.

Orr's was hot headed, his passing was shocking, was positionally weak and his main quality apart from his huffing and puffing was his ability to get forward.

I met him a number of times and have no personal beef with him. He's a very likable bloke but not the greatest right back. City already have two right backs better than Orr ever was. I'd be truly shocked if McInnes showed any interest in him.

never thought i would agree with Robbored but every word is true, i wouldnt want to see him back here

Am I dreaming this or are people wanting us to resign him? Really? Haha... You guys were slating him when he left, he couldn't wait to jump ship! He is over rated and Skuse, Edwards and spence are as good if not better than Bradley! Nice chap, but not going to improve us in any form! Del boy isn't this stupid.

cobblers from start to finish.

firstly, whilst some fans were quite negative towards Bradley many understood just how important he was to our defensive line, He was the leader on the pitch and should have been given the arm-band long before he left. Many weren't upset at losing him because he was replaced by what was percieved to be a slight improvement in Nicky Hunt. With the benefit of hindsight many more of the posters on here can see just how much we have missed Bradley. We didn't finish outside the top 10 when he was here... No fluke in my eyes that we've looked so weak at the back since he left.

On to the ridiculous notion that any of those three are better than Bradley Orr... Skuse is quite honestly the most over-rated player we've had in decades. He's alright and sometimes he plays a blinder but he's not fit to lace Bradley's boots at full back. Edwards? don't make me laugh, he won't make it beyond league 2/1 and Spence can't get in the team at the moment.

Bradley wasn't signed and played by last years Championship winners because he's shit. It's the opposite.

Good defender, committed, poor at control and passing and not played much football recently having not started since October.

I think McInnes can find better value for money to be honest but a loan would be alright (as long as Spence who seemingly isn't going to play goes back if he hasn't already).

Spot on post,orr would be a sideways step at best, lets move on and dont go back

Skuse is clearly better on the ball - but Wilson? Your having a giraffe mate - he lumps very often and I've seen nothing to suggest he has any passing ability. Though to be fair to him he's a centre back really.

Also Orr is not positionally weak at all - he was very good. He could come up against any winger and you would know it would take alot to get past. No one had to make excuses for him, like "he was exposed" - like we hear for other full backs.

Defensively, skuse is nowhere near Orr.

I don't agree your comment about Wilson. I rate him very highly, and it's funny, but I think he's a brilliant passer of the ball for a defender. Very composed and brilliant in the air. Him and Fontaine would be my choices of the two centre half positions.

Why do City need Orr? Foster, Wilson and Skuse are all better right backs than him.

Too many fans on here live in the past.

Orr was/is an average Championship player who when he got the chance left City as soon as he got a better deal.

So is Mark Wilson at Celtic,and he could be picked up on a bosman.The tims dont want to give him a new deal.The talk was he was meant to be leaving for Fulham.It looks like it was just paper talk.He needs games to push into the Scotland squad.Could do a good job down there,good attacking full back at he is only 27.His best years are in front off him.

I don't agree your comment about Wilson. I rate him very highly, and it's funny, but I think he's a brilliant passer of the ball for a defender. Very composed and brilliant in the air. Him and Fontaine would be my choices of the two centre half positions.

Well he'll never be a "brilliant passer of the ball" - but he can improve his distribution. But I agree with you, fonts and wilson are the future.

Seeing him right, im sure that the playing staff that were here when he left, would certainly make him one of the gang straight away, unless he burnt any bridges, and there are certainly a number of people still at the club that would give creedance to being a job for the boys attitude.

Of course the players would welcome him back , he's an ex team mate and as others have said visits AG to watch so is obviously stlll friendly with people at the club. Your implication earlier was that the CLUB would re sign him because of a jobs for the boys mentality.

So the manager is different? Same club, same place, anumber of the same staff on and off the pitch, its hardly going somewhere new and exciting isnt it? and it is providing for one of our old boys. Also as mentioned, and this is the more important thing at present, why destabilise the squad with another player in a position that is relatively oversubscribed when there are already We have Foster, Skuse, Carey, Wilson, Spence, Edwards among others who can play there. Signing him would be a waste, especially when there are other more pressing positions that need sorting

Yes the manger is different and it is his job on the line , hence I dont think he'll sign so the 'jobs for the boys' idea is flawed. I've already said I wouldn't have him back so I agree it would be a waste of time signing him.

Personally I'd expect Orr to go to a higher level Champs team, or even on of the relegation candidates this time around, but that's just me. Im sure I read somewhere that he got a massive pay increase when he went to QPR in the Champs, and it was part of the reason he went as he was 'set for life'. So its not as if, with a transfer fee on top and and massively increased wage demands, and that we already have plenty who can play there that it would be a beneficial move.

Agree with that.

As for goals on Sunday, no I didnt see it, I dont have Sky. I heard Kammy was making light of him nearly signing for manager for City again though. Depending on who he is toadying up to, he either makes it a big deal as in look I could have done them a favour by signing as manager for them or denegrates it saying they offered me the Job but I didnt want it, because they are too small. Its not a new revelation.

As I said , DMc said his only focus was on keeping City in the championship so I don't think he will allow anyone influence who he signs. If he signs a player it will be because he thinks it will improve our chances. I've not mentioned Chris Kamara ? Dont know why you've brought that up.

You've obviously got a pre conceived idea about re-signing players that we wont agree on. I'll leave it there. Cheers

Archived