IGNORED

Media Officer Tweets About Jt

Pezo

I quite like Adam Bakers tweets but this morning he tweeted something about JT that provoked a thought for me. His tweet was

"FA didn't wish the prejudice Terry case so scrapped Cup game handshake, now they strip him of captaincy. Innocent until proven guilty?"

Now the thing that provoked thought for me (please let me know if I'm wrong) was its our clubs policy to not allow people into the ground that are awaiting a court appearance for football related crime. This means JT wouldn't be welcome at AG if we played Chelsea, or does this rule only apply to people that earn less than 200k a year?

If Adam is going to throw (justified) comments like this at the FA then maybe he should look a little closer to home.

I would think that if he is convicted in a court of law, i.e. Beyond reasonable doubt, Chelsea would probably have to sack him. Someone else will pick him up but it's a difficult situation. I'm not sure Adam should be commenting on this at all, at least not through a channel use to announce official club news. Agree though, it puts the banning of certain forum members from Ashton Gate into some context, doesn't it? When you think. Extrapolating further, would Man Utd have any grounds to ban Luis Suarez from Old Trafford?!

Its all a load of bollox and its a witch-hunt. The player involved never even heard a racist comment.

If he's stripped of the captaincy, it will be a disgrace.

Disagree mate, he should be stripped and dropped from the side because he is shit slow and a liabilty at the back,

the racisum thing I couldn't give a monkeys about

Its all a load of bollox and its a witch-hunt. The player involved never even heard a racist comment.

Doesn't matter if he heard it or not, JT was heard by others ( alleg ) saying it and he was also lip-read by the cameras......... if he wasn't lip-read then there would be no case to answer they wouldnt let it go to court on hear say

He keeps letting himself down with one thing or another... He should never play for England again and also get a season long ban if found guilty

Doesn't matter if he heard it or not, JT was heard by others ( alleg ) saying it and he was also lip-read by the cameras......... if he wasn't lip-read then there would be no case to answer they wouldnt let it go to court on hear say

He keeps letting himself down with one thing or another... He should never play for England again and also get a season long ban if found guilty

How many people alledgedly heard it? I thought it was just one (which set of fans was he from)?

"Its all a load of bollox and its a witch-hunt. The player involved never even heard a racist comment.

If he's stripped of the captaincy, it will be a disgrace."

He's a nasty piece of work and should never have been given the captaincy in the first place. England captains should be proud to hold the position, and demonstrate exemplary behaviour, on and off the pitch

If he didn't hear anything, why hasn't he come out and said that, he's said the opposite in fact which is that he won't be commenting. If he hadn't heard JT say anything, then he would surely be wanting to shout from the rooftops that he'd done nothing wrong. His silence to me speaks volumes.

There isn't one model professional in the England team which is capable of captaining England! So, strip Terry of captaincy, and give it who? Rio, failed to turn up to 2 drug tests... Stevie G, assulted a DJ in a night club... Rooney, a hookers best customer.

Scott Parker

Gary Cahill

Joe Hart

Jolien Lescott

"Its all a load of bollox and its a witch-hunt. The player involved never even heard a racist comment.

If he's stripped of the captaincy, it will be a disgrace."

He's a nasty piece of work and should never have been given the captaincy in the first place. England captains should be proud to hold the position, and demonstrate exemplary behaviour, on and off the pitch

Rubbish. I could'nt care less what he does off the pitch. As long as he's fit and does not break the law (Not convicted of racism at this point), then I will only judge him on what he does on the pitch.

All this stuff that he had an affair... who cares?? John Terry could be shagging the queen for all I care - its none of my business.

I couldn't actually give a flying about the JT case (I think that argument has been done before) - the point I was trying to make was how it makes a mockery of clubs policy's including ours!

I would like to know our clubs stance on this. Would they let a player come to Ashton Gate and play in JT circumstance or does the rule only apply to fans that have been mistreated by the police and courts?

If he didn't hear anything, why hasn't he come out and said that, he's said the opposite in fact which is that he won't be commenting. If he hadn't heard JT say anything, then he would surely be wanting to shout from the rooftops that he'd done nothing wrong. His silence to me speaks volumes.

Anton Ferdinand asked JT if he called him a black ****. JT said "I never called you a black ****". After the game Anton Ferdinand was happy he was not racially abused. A clip on youtube showed JT saying "black ****" - It is thought to have cut off the first part "I never called you a" - or I read thats what JT claims....

For me, its a witch-hunt and I cant believe someone like John Terry is racist. He's played all his career with black players, has black friends in the game. not to mention umpteen foreign players - surely, if he was racist, it would have come out much earlier in his career. I cant see how a racist would survive so long at a club like chelsea.

I think he should be left to the courts and he should be left alone until proven guilty.

I couldn't actually give a flying about the JT case (I think that argument has been done before) - the point I was trying to make was how it makes a mockery of clubs policy's including ours!

I would like to know our clubs stance on this. Would they let a player come to Ashton Gate and play in JT circumstance or does the rule only apply to fans that have been mistreated by the police and courts?

You are correct, it does

He's a revolting excuse for a human being, as well as being utterly, utterly over-rated (always has been, IMHO). Nasty piece of work, never liked him.

Rubbish. I could'nt care less what he does off the pitch. As long as he's fit and does not break the law (Not convicted of racism at this point), then I will only judge him on what he does on the pitch.

All this stuff that he had an affair... who cares?? John Terry could be shagging the queen for all I care - its none of my business.

We're miles apart in our thinking, Riaz: and, I suspect, there's a generational gap in our understanding of the role of a national captain, in the sense that certain positions - and I include captaincy of the national side in a major sport - requires strong personal qualities, as an ambassador for the nation, as well as leadership qualities and skill on the pitch.

And, BTW, much of his niggling, cynical, confrontational and argumentative behaviour on the pitch leaves much to be desired ...

Like you, Riaz, who clearly knows him intimately?

I go on what I know - the showing people round the training ground ("For charity" my ar53)

Parking in a disabled slot in his Bentley

Sha99ing a mate's wife

Etc.

No I dont - and I dont want too. And I'm not going to judge him.

Who cares who he shagged? why do you? are you a woman?

We're miles apart in our thinking, Riaz: and, I suspect, there's a generational gap in our understanding of the role of a national captain, in the sense that certain positions - and I include captaincy of the national side in a major sport - requires strong personal qualities, as an ambassador for the nation, as well as leadership qualities and skill on the pitch.

And, BTW, much of his niggling, cynical, confrontational and argumentative behaviour on the pitch leaves much to be desired ...

Well, he's not been proven to do anything wrong for starters....

Dont use his affair, because important people all through history have been at it, since the beginning of time.

Anton Ferdinand asked JT if he called him a black ****. JT said "I never called you a black ****". After the game Anton Ferdinand was happy he was not racially abused. A clip on youtube showed JT saying "black ****" - It is thought to have cut off the first part "I never called you a" - or I read thats what JT claims....

For me, its a witch-hunt and I cant believe someone like John Terry is racist. He's played all his career with black players, has black friends in the game. not to mention umpteen foreign players - surely, if he was racist, it would have come out much earlier in his career. I cant see how a racist would survive so long at a club like chelsea.

I think he should be left to the courts and he should be left alone until proven guilty.

Yeah, the CPS would definitely decide to take it to court on the basis of an edited YouTube clip! They requested the unedited tapes from Sky as far as I know and I think this was supported by submissions (via a newspaper) of amateur footage

I agree with you that's Terry isn't going to be a BNP card-carrying racist and I'm sure he has loads of mates and colleagues that will attest to that. But that doesn't mean he didn't say something stupid in the heat of the moment. He's not being prosecuted for being a racist, he's being prosecuted for making a racist comment. I can't really awe how he can continue as England Captain with this hanging over him and it would serve him right as both he and Chelsea made requests to have the case delayed until after Euro 2012. The case against Chris Huhne for fiddling a speeding ticket is being heard in 2 weeks time, Terry/Chelsea get the case delayed 6 months. I really don't think he'll be a great loss to the national team either

Like you, Riaz, who clearly knows him intimately?

I go on what I know - the showing people round the training ground ("For charity" my ar53)

Parking in a disabled slot in his Bentley

Sha99ing a mate's wife

Etc.

Parking in a disabled spot, send him to the gallows i am with Riaz on this one this is a witch hunt.

Archived