IGNORED

Maynard On Twentyman

Craven arms

His mum and young brother ( must be younger than 10?) have been to quite a few away games. His little brother looks just like him and always wore his red city shirt with Maynard on the back. Anyone remember Maynards miss at doncaster? A bloke near me shouted out something to Maynard, saying 6 million for that, you...... ..(cant repeat the rest) to which his mum turned round and said " thats my son your talking about"

I cant recall seeing a bottle being thrown, but that may of been a different game.

His mum and young brother ( must be younger than 10?) have been to quite a few away games. His little brother looks just like him and always wore his red city shirt with Maynard on the back. Anyone remember Maynards miss at doncaster? A bloke near me shouted out something to Maynard, saying 6 million for that, you...... ..(cant repeat the rest) to which his mum turned round and said " thats my son your talking about"

I cant recall seeing a bottle being thrown, but that may of been a different game.

What was she expecting?

So you can bask in the glory when he's doing well but not when it's going bad?

Sounds a bit one sided from a fans point of view

Is that all, That aint nothing to what westham fans will say when he has a bad game. :laugh:

Not saying if true targeting his family is right but he brought the whole situation on himself. He could of been honest and not took the piss out of us and the club. Just another greedy footballer. Hope he rots in West Ham reserves.

So lets get this right. If it was not for the alleged abuse Maynard would have held on for a Bosman and screwed the club even more. Well the abuse Cureton got is nothing compared to the abuse NM will get in April now.

RMLF - exactly right. Makes me embarrassed to be a BCFC fan when I read stuff like this

Its no wonder our fans get a bad name, if players families are being targeted its not like its the first time its happened, See Tinnion, Brian ( also something to do with a contract/transfer issue, iirc), Im guessing that there is probably truth in what Maynard says, because we have form for this type of action, and its utterly moronic

As for the he should have done this he should have done that, he is that he is this for not doing what (Insert name of fan, who has completely unrealistic expectations and seems to be stuck in a time warp, where retain and transfer wasnt abolished, the bosman ruling never happened and goes on about loyalty, when the club they support clearly have none in general) they want, therefore making the player evil.

Its threads like this and the Maynard one that make me utterly be ashamed to be a Bristol City fan. We need to get the massive chip off our shoulder and start behaving like proper fans and not a bunch of neanderthals and chucking our toys out of the pram like some crying babies, when things dont go our way with, players, stadia, or whatever

Whats wrong with this thread?!

I'm ashamed if his family has been targeted - thats bang out of order.

But 99% of fans would'nt treat his family how he has described - its a mindless minority.

So lets get this right. If it was not for the alleged abuse Maynard would have held on for a Bosman and screwed the club even more. Well the abuse Cureton got is nothing compared to the abuse NM will get in April now.

Apparently so.

I rigged up the bullshitometer just for Geoffs interview, when the alleged incident came up the needle did a full turn, I think they call it, over egging the truth a bit.

Its no wonder our fans get a bad name, if players families are being targeted its not like its the first time its happened, See Tinnion, Brian ( also something to do with a contract/transfer issue, iirc), Im guessing that there is probably truth in what Maynard says, because we have form for this type of action, and its utterly moronic

As for the he should have done this he should have done that, he is that he is this for not doing what (Insert name of fan, who has completely unrealistic expectations and seems to be stuck in a time warp, where retain and transfer wasnt abolished, the bosman ruling never happened and goes on about loyalty, when the club they support clearly have none in general) they want, therefore making the player evil.

Its threads like this and the Maynard one that make me utterly be ashamed to be a Bristol City fan. We need to get the massive chip off our shoulder and start behaving like proper fans and not a bunch of neanderthals and chucking our toys out of the pram like some crying babies, when things dont go our way with, players, stadia, or whatever

Without a doubt what he should have done in this case (if true) is addressed the issue at the time, not after you leave because you come across as a crying baby.

Archived