IGNORED

Maynard On Twentyman

Craven arms

For the umpteenth million time, how is honouring the contract that was signed when he came to the club, 'screwing the club even more'? As for the rest He injured himself on a dry ski slope and he some how owes the club- So where is the proof of this happening? its speculative, hearsay and rumours unless anyone has a direct link as to how Maynard got injured. Im intrigued the official club line was that he was injured in the last game or training iirc before the end of the previous season, it didnt heal properly and once pre season had finished it was no better so had an operation on it. The club have been pretty open about injuries occur see Carey and Barbeque injury, so why would they suddenly create a conspiracy theory to cover that? Also see Carlo Cudicini and his bike injuries, I dont see fans going mental about that he shouldnt have been doing it, but still at Tottenham at time of writing Plenty of players get injured during the course of the season, they dont owe the club anything, so why was this situation somehow different? He should have signed a new contract and had a load of clauses in to make sure that he went on a massive fee- Really, people keep harping on about Darren Barnard, almost 15 years ago doing that, but then completely forget Matt Hill signing a new contract and having a ludicrously low fee inserted 200k. Matt Hill doesnt get vilified for doing that on here, so why does Maynard get stick for not signing a new contract. If he had signed a new contract and then there was a Matt Hill style clause, people would be more outraged. Its a players decision if he wants to sign, not the fans. He lead the club a merry dance- All the noises coming out of the club have largely been from the club, the player remained pretty much silent on the whole issue until tonight on the radio. The offer was there and he could or couldnt sign it as was his perogative. He was contracted to the end of the season, and could have left it until the day before his contract run out if he had wanted to if he was going to resign, but already the 'fans' on here had decided that he was money grabbing. And so on and so on. Sure criticise a player for being out of form on the field, but the hysteria around the rest of it, which still runs through this thread is utterly beyond the hysterical See above

Where is the proof of this happening legitimately on the training ground?, don't you think that our most important player gets injured on the eve of the new season and is out for 6 months and it's not big news?.

To insinuate that it was abuse of his family which was the reason for Maynard leaving is utter rubbish. He was going whatever, its just the fans got wise to what was happening and his hither turn hero worship turnned a bit sour, get over it Nicky! His family dervered to betreated with repect and I would imagine as Riaz alludes to the vast majority of fans would have ignored the Maynard famility to enjoy their football, if anyone did abuse or intimidate them then they are out of order and should have been delt with. But the oh so typical reaction of "I'm ashamed to be....insert your current topic here as appropriate" is a bit precious to be honest.

He got paid good money for three and a half years, the club fulfilled its side of the bargin....and can he honestly say that he put in a full shift for the majority of this season...I would say no. And I think for the majority that it the rub of the matter. Had he been performing to the level he was well capable of, it would not have been to use his words only Wigan and Blackburn that came knocking. He hasn't been cutting it and he knows that..so by throwing a bit of petrol on the fire, especially in the current climate gets him off the hook, or so he thinks. I've always said he will start scoring goals as soon as he signed a new contract whoever it was with, the fact that he lacked professionalism in my view in the interim period told me a lot more about the player, certianly more than he wanted us to know. Its history I move on and Good luck to him, he scored plenty of good goals for the club, but I do take issue with his last 8 months as a City player

Right back on the real business of watching City tomorrow and I certianly won't be ashamed to do so.

I wouldnt put it past a few of the losers on this forum to go and try and bottle Maynards family.

Where's the plum who claimed Moyes isn't welcome here ever and is 'scum' for tapping up Maynard?

If something as extreme as an attempt to "bottle" a person, in the context that the pharase "to bottle" is used, happened in a football ground I would be extreamly surprised that a) action was not taken immidiately or b) CCTV was used for a later arrest and potential proescution.

So I would suggest that people are a bit more careful when insinuating such things.

Obviously throwing bottles at his family is a moronic thing to do. But now he's coming out criticizing the fans who have been inflating his bank balance for the last few years.

**** off Maynard your history now. Done with this whole subject!

Think NM has been very naive in all this (perhaps influenced by his agent), did he really expect the fans to stay with him without explaining his actions, he would only have to ask Bothroyd to know the reaction he would get for refusing to sign a new improved contract.

This situation could have been made so much easier....

1) NM could have come and said "I am running my contract down" - everyone would have known the score and acted accordingly - totally acceptable/understandable.

2) NM could have come out and said "I want the club to prove they have ambition before I sign a new contract" - totally acceptable/understandable.

3) NM could have said "I am only going to sign for a PL side or a side that has a very good chance of going up, I won't be going to a mid table CCC side" - totally acceptable/understandable.

4) NM could have said "I am going to wait until the summer and see how if the club show the same ambition as me" - again, totally accepable/understandable.

In all 4 cases, the club & fans would have known what was or might be going on and all but the deluded few would probably have accepted any of the 4 reluctently.

But to be so silent on the matter over the 8 - 10 months and even to say "I'm happy playing here" at the start of the season, didn't help his relationship with some fans. .

Now if the alleged 'coke incident' is true, then that was completely out of order and I hope whoever did it, is suitably ashamed and probably did make his mind to move now but it still doesn;t hide the fact that NM & his agent didn;t handle this situation well at all.

Note to NM: Get a new agent and employ a PR company. ;)

I have been one of NMs staunchest backers over the last 8 -10 months but he has really let himself down IMO and I hope he learns from it...........as we do.

BCAGFC

The manager of Bristol City..a certain Derek Mcinnes stated in todays paper that Nicky Maynard "had a lot hanging over him, which was not all his doing" "At times it was very difficult for him, and as a manager you don't like to see any player suffering the way he did" "He was someone I really enjoyed working with, and I can only thank him for his efforts" "I have nothing but good wishes for him, I hope he plays and does well for West Ham" This is from the manager of the Football club we support…showing decency, dignity and respect to an Ex-city player who scored goals for this club and who always, whenever I saw him play gave 100%. This is from a man who saw NM everyday in training and spent a lot more time with him then anyone of the so-called supporters of this club who are so quick to be derogatory and abusive to someone they have never met. I know whose opinion I have more respect for…and maybe a few people should look at themselves before being so disparaging. Thanks DM for showing how to conduct yourself……..and thanks for being manager of our club.

Obviously not condoning any mindless throwing of bottles (if true), but haven’t the fans just earned the club £2m (plus saving another four months wages)?

If we hadn’t expressed our displeasure at the whole situation, Maynard would have continued milking the club until the summer and then walked away for nothing?

Pies on SL/CS tomorrow?

What a load of shite!!! Why didnt the club or Nicky say something sooner? Taking the flack off him a little bit by blaming the fans... erm... wise move Mr Maynard, wise move. I really don't believe a word this man says. Love the club? My arse Maynard you arrogant boy. I hope you fail.

What a load of shite!!! Why didnt the club or Nicky say something sooner? Taking the flack off him a little bit by blaming the fans... erm... wise move Mr Maynard, wise move. I really don't believe a word this man says. Love the club? My arse Maynard you arrogant boy. I hope you fail.

Mmmmm very mature

Mmmmm very mature

Mmmm sarcasm, very witty. If youve got a problem with my opinion debate it. So what do you think is immature about my post and what is your opinion? Would you let your new born baby come to games if their was a risk? Well we saw Maynards missus pushing the baby around at Doncaster without anyone batting an eyelid..... things must of been horrific for the family to return and take the risk of or horrible fans.

+1

well said badger - i too have just listened to the interview and thought you cocky little ****, - if there is any truth in this then im sure something would have been done at the time, why make these alleged accusations after you have moved, sorry i aint swallowing it -" im really sorry bristol city, it was the fans fault they made me move, it was theit fault - mike fluck !!!!!

+1

well said badger - i too have just listened to the interview and thought you cocky little ****, - if there is any truth in this then im sure something would have been done at the time, why make these alleged accusations after you have moved, sorry i aint swallowing it -" im really sorry bristol city, it was the fans fault they made me move, it was theit fault - mike fluck !!!!!

Must of been throwing a lot of coke as he wasn't signing in the Summer either when he said he loved the fans and the club. Couldnt of been much coke throwing before the Leicester bid... oh now the fans are now to blame after he moves... pull the other on.

Why do people care? He's gone and starting tomorrow we've got 18 games left to save our Championship status.

So, till one day in April when Nicky Maynard is just another potential danger for our defenders to consider, I could not give a crap about the situation.

It's done. Has no one on here ever heard of being the bigger man? Just forget about it. It really isn't worth the energy.

Or be honest with your intentions, the fans will respect you more.

this is the crux of it. if he came out last summer and said he wanted a crack at the premier league, and wouldnt sign a contract, then no one could begrudge him that. him getting his move and the club making some money didnt have to be mutually exclusive.

I reckon it's bullshit...Can you really imagine anyone throwing anything in that part of the ground without the stewards or other fans not challenging it.. there could of been remarks said in the vicinity of his family, due to the fact he was playing poor.The truth is he wanted out. He was playing crap as he was not fully focused and he was looking for another reason to justify his reason for leaving. The reason was of his own making.. he was playing crap. I still beleive he is a good player and perhaps he will do well at the ammers. however going on recent form he will struggle to compete at the top end of the champoinshiop even more at Premier League level. As for family insults Bullsh1t.

What a disappointing interview.

As others have said if he had made his intentions known earlier the club could have planned/transfer listed accordingly. Whether the club could have forced the issue I don't know.

To come on the radio and say what he said I am not sure he has done himself any favours - would probably have been best to stick with the usual "I loved BCFC and it was a difficult decision to move" kind of line or make his feelings known earlier if cokegate was all true.

Done us over and done Crewe over at the same time really. How loyal.

Still think he will do well, I shall watch with interest from afar and wonder a little at what might have been....but...... we have other strikers..

I reckon it's bullshit...Can you really imagine anyone throwing anything in that part of the ground without the stewards or other fans not challenging it.. there could of been remarks said in the vicinity of his family, due to the fact he was playing poor.The truth is he wanted out. He was playing crap as he was not fully focused and he was looking for another reason to justify his reason for leaving. The reason was of his own making.. he was playing crap. I still beleive he is a good player and perhaps he will do well at the ammers. however going on recent form he will struggle to compete at the top end of the champoinshiop even more at Premier League level. As for family insults Bullsh1t.

I'm a bit perturbed by the whole 'bottling' story.

I never imagined Nicky would have the imagination to make anything up but it does strike me as highly unlikely.

Any bottle would have to be well hidden from view or it'd be confiscated at the turnstile and how would a miscreant know he was sitting near NM's family? Why weren't the stewards involved? Why hadn't it been reported until now? A complaint to the club, some scrutiny of CCTV and someone would've got a lifetime ban - if not a court appearance.

I would like to think Maynard didn't BS his former fans, but I'd be staggered if this were true. Either way, it's an unsettling story.

Archived