IGNORED

Fabio Capello - Has Now Resigned.

hippy273

For sure, Capello and his rigid 4-4-2, Heskey and one or two other matters were problematic. On the plus side though he has started to bring more young players in post 2010 and his final game in charge was a win v Spain. He has also moved away from his 4-4-2, both of which were relatively positive.

Doesn't matter who we appoint though- quarters most likely.

yep seemed to learn from his mistakes and started to blood some youngsters to start replacing the old guard.

If he had stayed or not I think we would still have had real problems getting out of the group. No easy games in the euros, unlike the world cup.

For me I think we will have 3 games max. Hope I am wrong.

yep seemed to learn from his mistakes and started to blood some youngsters to start replacing the old guard.

If he had stayed or not I think we would still have had real problems getting out of the group. No easy games in the euros, unlike the world cup.

For me I think we will have 3 games max. Hope I am wrong.

We should get through the groups. Won't be easy, will be some tough moments- France, Sweden and Ukraine but it's not the hardest! Italy or Spain last 8 and I expect, that'll be us finished.

For sure, Capello and his rigid 4-4-2, Heskey and one or two other matters were problematic. On the plus side though he has started to bring more young players in post 2010 and his final game in charge was a win v Spain. He has also moved away from his 4-4-2, both of which were relatively positive.

Doesn't matter who we appoint though- quarters most likely.

But if we blood some youngsters and play with some passion i would be happy with the quarters.

We should get through the groups. Won't be easy, will be some tough moments- France, Sweden and Ukraine but it's not the hardest! Italy or Spain last 8 I expect, that'll be us finished.

I initially thought we may get through the group. I think France is probably our easiest match. But our choice of base I believe has put paid to that. Too much travelling between training and matches.

But if we blood some youngsters and play with some passion i would be happy with the quarters.

Capello blooded some youngsters since 2010...Hart, Jones, Smalling, Wilshere, Wellbeck, Sturridge off the top of my head. Also brought in new players- ok not young but new- Cahill, Parker, Bent for example. Tournament experience for these players would be ideal.

I'm hopeful for the future if Redknapp comes in. He has built a good and (mostly) young side at Spurs. If he can cler out the crap like G. Johnson, Terry, Lampard, Barry and bring in the youngsters like Oxlade-Chamberlain, K. Walker, Wellbeck, Sturridge etc then we can build again. I'm not going to go and say the next lot of kids are a golden generation but I think they could develop into something good.

Capello blooded some youngsters since 2010...Hart, Jones, Smalling, Wilshere, Wellbeck, Sturridge off the top of my head. Also brought in new players- ok not young but new- Cahill, Parker, Bent for example. Tournament experience for these players would be ideal.

wasn't Bent the top scorer that season yet he left him at home to take Heskey? He has been an expensive waste of money. IMO of course.

I think Harry would take the job if offered, he really is of the generation that consider international football to be the level to aspire to. He talks about his loyalty for Tottenham and I think he is genuine in that but, he knows like we all do how fickle fans and chairmen can be. At the start of the season when they had lost to both Manchester clubs, there were the one or two people ringing the chat shows and saying that he had taken them as far as he could etc.

He could turn the job down, lose a few games including losing to Arsenal and find the fans on his back and he was out of a job altogether. People usually only get one shot at these sort of things and he would be crazy not to take it while his stock is so high.

Having said all that, I would rather see Hodgson get it, he has great international experince already, turning Switzerland into one of the better european sides. He would be ideal for the FA because he isn't controversial or likely to say anything stupid.

Archived