IGNORED

Fabio Capello - Has Now Resigned.

hippy273

http://www.dailymail...John-Terry.html

Has Fabio breached the contract? Should JT still be captain innocent before proven guilty? this could be the end of Fabio.....

Well I doubt Fabio cares any longer, if you like or dislike Terry, the team has to be chosen by the manager/coach, if it isn't then what is the point of having him? If there had been a decision as to Terry's guilt or innocence before the the Euros this could have been put to bed. How the hell can clubs or players dictate when a case should be taken to court?!!!!

Typical England, no communication, always some mass hysteria before a tournement and key player ballsing up.

I fully expect Capello will be glad to be out of our farce of a national team and Football Association.

Ah the joys of supporting England.

Well I doubt Fabio cares any longer, if you like or dislike Terry, the team has to be chosen by the manager/coach, if it isn't then what is the point of having him? If there had been a decision as to Terry's guilt or innocence before the the Euros this could have been put to bed. How the hell can clubs or players dictate when a case should be taken to court?!!!!

Typical England, no communication, always some mass hysteria before a tournement and key player ballsing up.

I fully expect Capello will be glad to be out of our farce of a national team and Football Association.

Ah the joys of supporting England.

Our whole English set up is an absolute embaressment. The FA in particular are full of morons who continually make balls up after balls up. We are a laughing stock.

As for the John Terry saga, I totally agree with Fabio. He has been completely undermined by the FA, and we have at times made one of the most respected coaches in the modern game look like part of the circus that is England.

My love for our national set up went after the last World Cup. Rooneys little outburst against Algeria, Ashley Coles texts etc....the whole squad was a disgrace. They then blamed it on "boredom" and not being allowed to relax!

I hope England do well in the Euros, but I don't care like I did. Our players are overpaid, over hyped, selfish morons.....and the FA are imbeciles, and have no interest in English football and evolving it. All they care about is money and the Premier League....and more money

.......and breathe......

Fair play to capello for seeing the situation how it really is. A person being punished before being proved to do anything wrong

Suggesting that a person should always remain in their role until they are proven guilty can never be applied as a blanket rule.

Most teachers, childcare workers, policeman who are accused of sexism, racism, child abuse turn out to be innocent. Are we suggesting they should remain in their roles as they are innocent until proven guilty?

There is clearly a line somewhere and it is dependant on the role and the alleged offence. For most people, I think, alleged racism from someone representing our national sport falls over that line.

You simply cannot say innocent until proven guilty for every offence in every job.

Since Bernstein took over the FA have begun to get their act together, and it's difficult not to see their point on this, the entire reason he's been removed is a legal matter and you could make a case to suggest it goes over the head of the coach, but similarly Capello has a point also. It depends whether you treat football as a job in the same way you would another professional post or not, but in that case he should have been removed from selection entirely. This could have all been avoided by putting the case ahead of 'commitments' and getting it all sorted before June.

Since Bernstein took over the FA have begun to get their act together, and it's difficult not to see their point on this, the entire reason he's been removed is a legal matter and you could make a case to suggest it goes over the head of the coach, but similarly Capello has a point also. It depends whether you treat football as a job in the same way you would another professional post or not, but in that case he should have been removed from selection entirely. This could have all been avoided by putting the case ahead of 'commitments' and getting it all sorted before June.

You really think they arent just buckling under media pressure?

The whole situation is a joke.

It would'nt surprise me if he was found innocent -and if he was, how unfair would it be that he had the captaincy taken off of him?

You really think they arent just buckling under media pressure?

No, or they would have done this months ago.

If he gets found innocent fair play to him, but in the real world people get suspended pending trial all the time without question, go figure.

No, or they would have done this months ago.

If he gets found innocent fair play to him, but in the real world people get suspended pending trial all the time without question, go figure.

hmmmm no, media pressure has only gathered since the delay of the the trial. If it was'nt media pressure then they would have taken it of him when he was charged.

hmmmm no, media pressure has only gathered since the delay of the the trial. If it was'nt media pressure then they would have taken it of him when he was charged.

The Sun, The Mirror, The Express and The Indepedent all run fairly innocuous stories at the announcement of the date, only The Daily Mail points the finger. If the FA are taking legal advice from The Daily Mail then yes, it is a joke.

The bottom line in all this is the FA need Fabio more than Fabio needs the FA and his view appears not to have been sought, let alone heeded before the FA acted.

Nightmare for Capello. Irrespective of the debate as to whether JT is good enough to be a certain starter for England, and Fabio clearly thinks he is, who the hell is going to captain the side????

The FA are a bunch of self serving incompetents, don't expect anything other than a disaster this summer. Whoever they appoint after Capello will do no better because the problems in our national game are at the grass roots level, namely quality of coaching and facilities. Until someone does something about that we will continue to have an international squad full of players who can't control the ball as well as your average 15 year old spaniard.

Im having a meeting with the FA later this week, John Terry is a natural leader & would of stayed captain throughout the euros. whatever happend to innocent until proven guilty!! now I have to rely on Gerrard again.....jeez were doomed

:laugh: Mr capello, you cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Messers Gerrard and Terry and 95% of the squad would be hard pressed to trap a brick. Do yourself a favour and go and coach players that can actually play the game to a good standard and don't let your stint coaching 3rd rate professionals sully your reputation.

Good luck Mr C in your future coaching roles.

The FA are a bunch of self serving incompetents, don't expect anything other than a disaster this summer. Whoever they appoint after Capello will do no better because the problems in our national game are at the grass roots level, namely quality of coaching and facilities. Until someone does something about that we will continue to have an international squad full of players who can't control the ball as well as your average 15 year old spaniard.

St George's Park - They are trying to do something about it at a Professional level, plus interviews with Southgate/Brooking in the last year (and Southgate in the past 4 weeks somewhere on BBC) or so indicate they know exactly what the problem is but it's a mammoth task to fix. The FA have been guilty of being woefully behind the times in the past, most recently under Barwick, but they're finally starting to get their act together.

St George's Park - They are trying to do something about it at a Professional level, plus interviews with Southgate/Brooking in the last year (and Southgate in the past 4 weeks somewhere on BBC) or so indicate they know exactly what the problem is but it's a mammoth task to fix. The FA have been guilty of being woefully behind the times in the past, most recently under Barwick, but they're finally starting to get their act together.

Unfortunately this is a fairly typical FA approach of creating a cheap pointless showpiece and ignoring the real problem.

Simple point (figures from 2010):

In Spain there is one UEFA qualified coach per 17 players.

In Italy, 1:48.

France, 1:96.

Germany, 1:150.

In England? The home of Football?

One qualified coach per eight hundred and fifty two players.

Spain have more Pro badged coaches than we do of any sort.

I'm afraiid that a national development centre will make no difference and the FA aren't even remotely close to starting to get their act together sadly. Brooking has been involved for decades and achieved nothing, he is a figurehead. Southgate, well, I don't think anybody knows what he does - including him.

We have the richest game in the world and invest comparatively nothing in youth development, we've very very few smaller sized pitches, pathetic links from schools to amateur and professional clubs, and a footballing mentality that overvalues athleticism in teenagers who are still growing over skill.

We're going to keep falling behind.

Unfortunately this is a fairly typical FA approach of creating a cheap pointless showpiece and ignoring the real problem.

I'm afraiid that a national development centre will make no difference and the FA aren't even remotely close to starting to get their act together sadly. Brooking has been involved for decades and achieved nothing, he is a figurehead. Southgate, well, I don't think anybody knows what he does - including him.

We have the richest game in the world and invest comparatively nothing in youth development, we've very very few smaller sized pitches, pathetic links from schools to amateur and professional clubs, and a footballing mentality that overvalues athleticism in teenagers who are still growing over skill.

They're trying to follow things that work, a national centre is one of those (many) things. As I mentioned before Southgate's interview here whatever 'Head of Elite Development' means, he knows how it is & the FA are making some effort to do something about it.

It's not the answer but this reads better than anything that's been around in this country before:

"The 330-acre site near Burton will be a training base for England's 24 different teams and is intended to become the home of English football development by boosting the number of quality coaches and homegrown managers.

It comes after the FA introduced a new coaching philosophy, called Future Game, and proposals for youth football which include delaying 11-a-side matches until under-13s level.

The latest figures seen by BBC Sport show that the number of Uefa-qualified coaches (Pro, A and B Licence) in England has increased from 2,769 in 2008 to 6,005 in 2012, with 10,223 having taken FA Youth modules specifically geared towards coaching young players."

You disagree with the the FA's decision. That doesn't make it a joke, you just happen to disagree.

I think the majority of the public think its the right decision.

I think the majority of the public think that as a minimum, as a question of principle, out of respect and good manners and in order to minimize bad feeling with all it's knock on effects, that Capello should have been informed if not consulted in this matter, before the FA went public.

I gave up coaching after doing my coaching badges up to UEFA B standard. The reason I gave up wasn't anything to do with giving up spare time for the game, its was to do with parents. I used to coach a kids team, under 16's and it was mad. I used to get abuse, week after week, always taking calls from parents wondering why their child wasn't in the team, it was a bloody nightmare.

I could of moved into coaching at mens level, but by that time I'd simply fallen out of love with it until the fans team.

I think the majority of the public think that as a minimum, as a question of principle, out of respect and good manners and in order to minimize bad feeling with all it's knock on effects, that Capello should have been informed if not consulted in this matter, before the FA went public.

FA have come out and said he was consulted prior to announcement. Someones lying. Hope he goes today. I cant see him leaving will cause much damage. Its not as if he even knows his best team or formation. Get someone in part time for now.

FA have come out and said he was consulted prior to announcement. Someones lying. Hope he goes today. I cant see him leaving will cause much damage. Its not as if he even knows his best team or formation. Get someone in part time for now.

I hope he goes as well. I defy any manager with any record to coach the crock of shite that is the England football team.

Maybe in 20-30 years time when the technique and coaching has improved we could get a world class coach in such as Capello and win something. Unfortunately he hasn't had the basic tools to do his job. I just hope some of the English players have taken some good ideas from one of if not the best coach in the last 15-20 years.

Agree with every word of that. Completely true.

He was informed.

Archived