IGNORED

7 Yellow Cards

Antman

once again - a ref who is utterly, utterly shite!

to give 7 yellows is a joke, to give a penalty on a linos flag when you're standing 5 yards away and he is 30 yards away, having let play carry on, is a farce and from where I was i thought Fontaine was fouled first (please correct me if i'm wrong)

Pitmans yellow, was not going to be given until the Palace players urged him to do it, Skuse's yellow was because poor little Zaha was rubbing his head, despite it being a shoulder charge (which correct me if I'm wrong, but is allowed) so the next challenge come what may, the ref books Skuse for going for the ball.

Fosters yellow - words fail me. at least the useless lump had to book the palace no 8 as well, you could see him squirming there!

inconsistent and useless, and unfortunately hugely influential on the result - can we PLEASE have a decent ref or two!!!!

The entire back 4 all booked. That must be some kind of record. Foster got his booking for kicking the ball away. He claimed he didn't hear the whistle. The referee was shocking.

But a palace player kicked the ball away and did not get booked.

I think fonts was fouled first.

Yet more shocking officials, please can we at least have consistency?

Complete joke. At least one for dissent, yet Easter runs after the referee pulling at his shirt and gets nothing. Two fouls on Albert were at least as bad as any (bar one) of our bookings. And it wasn't a dirty game. We're getting near that time of the season when the yellow cards add up and suspensions start and those could really cost us. We've had some poor refs lately - but this one was the worst of the lot.

I don't usually like to criticise them but the ref didn't have a good game. Starting with the "advantage" he gave us in our own penalty area minutes into the game. Most of the bookings were a joke. Skuse was a little late with his and was understandable booking but I always feel they're harsh. McGivern barely touched Zaha who jumped in front of him only to throw himself 10 yards forward into the box trying to gain a penalty. Foster's for kicking the ball away was strange seeing how quick it happened. McManus' was clearly deserved, Pitman's maybe but he didn't seem to give it until he saw the Palace players complaining and rolling around on the floor. Fontaine got booked for the penalty, which the ref didn't even think was a foul yet merits a yellow =\, even though Fonts was clearly pushed over first and then Kilkenny picked up his mandatory moaning booking for arguing that it wasn't a penalty.. which is wasn't.

Very poor to give out 7 yellows for that.

Most other things they probably got right...

Ref lost the plot 2nd half.

The penalty was a joke for 2 reasons, the main one being that Fontaine was blatently fouled in the build up and the 2nd that despite the ref being 5 yards away and not giving a foul, he didn't feel able to over rule the linesman! Then to book Fontaine and then Kilkenny for moaning just absurd.

After that he booked a couple of Palace players for nothing to even it up a bit.

Also took 30 seconds to book Brett Pitman where I just don't know what was going on.

Despite all this they got no bookings for continuos time wasting!

Even we did about 4 fouls that went unpunished so it is not that he was biased, he was just inept!

All started very bizzarely when he over ruled the linos off side flag in the first couple of minutes, should have known what we were in for then! From where I was sat it looked like Pitman deserved his yellow but ref was very poor because of the inconsistency. Fosters booking was shocking so early in the game and didn't use the same logic throughout. The rest I'm not sure there can be too many complaints, will never know what Kilkenny said to get his. They could easily have had 4 or 5 more in the book. Had some bad ones this season.

Terrible ref, agreed.

I saw Fontaine being pulled off the ball in our area but what exactly did that linesman "see"? I'll need to watch it again, but I honestly had not a clue what the penalty was for. The fact the Palace players hadn't appealed for it says it all!

I thought McManus's tackle was shocking (lucky to stay on) but the other bookings were really really minor - and for infractions which Palace players were not booked for.

Archived