IGNORED

Who Will Miss Ag?

BS4 on Tour...

The question was " Who will miss Ashton Gate" The answer is, All of us, it's been the reason we walked for miles when the buses wer'nt runnin, When the wife was'nt speakin, when you thought we just might win this un, or when you knew we had no chance but still went down out of couriosity, this place we call the gate is part of my life, part of my persona, no matter what happens next i still have my memories of all the great things this part of BS3 has thrown at me, i will for one still feel the shiver down my back when i drive past on my way to weston for a day out, or on the way back home down the A38 .....like a shrine....it will never leave me,.... Please indulge me

for a moment...When i took my 2 children down for the first season, my daughter was 9 and my son was 7, and for their own safety

i opted for C block of the dolman,.......after several games i noticed the kids kept looking left...no matter what end of the pitch the game was being played...after a few games my daughter asked me very politely "Dad can we go on the end where they all sing"..

The rest is history, i love my kids.....i love my club.....still love my kids.....and now they love BCFC, and the view from the A 38 x

The question was " Who will miss Ashton Gate" The answer is, All of us, it's been the reason we walked for miles when the buses wer'nt runnin, When the wife was'nt speakin, when you thought we just might win this un, or when you knew we had no chance but still went down out of couriosity, this place we call the gate is part of my life, part of my persona, no matter what happens next i still have my memories of all the great things this part of BS3 has thrown at me, i will for one still feel the shiver down my back when i drive past on my way to weston for a day out, or on the way back home down the A38 .....like a shrine....it will never leave me,.... Please indulge me

for a moment...When i took my 2 children down for the first season, my daughter was 9 and my son was 7, and for their own safety

i opted for C block of the dolman,.......after several games i noticed the kids kept looking left...no matter what end of the pitch the game was being played...after a few games my daughter asked me very politely "Dad can we go on the end where they all sing"..

The rest is history, i love my kids.....i love my club.....still love my kids.....and now they love BCFC, and the view from the A 38 x

This is going down as one of my favourite posts.

I'll miss the place! Many memories- some good, some bad. The Rotherham game, Palace playoff 2nd leg, Hartlepool home 2nd leg 04, wins vs Cardiff, Millwall 01, Everton 04, Middlesborough 07, THAT mascots fight (my first game as it goes), just some of them- too many to list in full. Obviously the 9th loss on the spin wasn't great but it was memorable in a round about sort of way. Don't have much truck with the new grounds but it must be done I suppose for progress. Napoli, there's a ground- looks ugly, not seen a lick of paint in 20 years from what I read the other day, arguably a tad intimidating- yet what an atmosphere!

This is going down as one of my favourite posts.

Thank you for the comment Superjack...but theres more !

In my earlier post i mentioned how my children were transfixed by the East End, and that the rest was history,

Here's a bit of that history,

I eventualy took my two kids onto the East End the following season, my daughter now ten and my son eight,

we had a pre match briefing setting out the do's and donts, they were to stand in the middle block behind the goal to the left next to the gangway and in front of the crush barrier, i was to stand on the other side of the gangway, close enough to keep an eye on things but at the same time giving them a bit of freedom away from dad. Fail Proof !!!

They were loving it, singing and clapping along with the crowd....Then the teams came out and everyone cheered...then the away goalie ran towards the East End for the warm up only to be greeted by a rousing chorus of " who the ******g hell are you"

it was at this point i looked right to see how my kids were getting on...breifing failed...they were both sat on the crush barrier singing it load n proud " who the ******g hell are you" i just brimmed with pride !!!

Archived