IGNORED

"fans"

Nibor

If we're living in the past then all im going to make clear is 1982.

See how clear i made that?

Ah yes, that time we almost went bust... and despite it putting us back decades you still sit in our shadow. That must grate a little knowing that a club can come back from the brink of extinction and still be so much bigger and better than your traveller camp of a club.

I wonder, if the same financial perils faced little old rovers... would they survive? Do you even have enough supporters to fund the forming of a new club in the lower leagues ala Wimbledon?

Ok let's live in the present.

We are in the Championship. You are in League 2 going nowhere.

Speculate all you want about the future but it's the facts I'm afraid.

Okay, why not talk about the future?

There is a good chance, not a certainty, but a good chance you will go down this year, and if you do there is a good chance you could go straight up, but still a chance that will you stay in L1.

There is also a good chance that next season under MM we can push for promotion.

In a few years time both teams will be in the same leagues, mark my words.

Ah yes, that time we almost went bust... and despite it putting us back decades you still sit in our shadow. That must grate a little knowing that a club can come back from the brink of extinction and still be so much bigger and better than your traveller camp of a club.

I wonder, if the same financial perils faced little old rovers... would they survive? Do you even have enough supporters to fund the forming of a new club in the lower leagues ala Wimbledon?

We won't ever be put in that situation, we are a well run club.

Course we have the supporters, we took 40,000 to both Wembley and Millenium, as did you lot at Wembley.

The fanbase is there for both teams in Bristol, but until either one or both reaches the Premier League neither would see it.

Course we have the supporters, we took 40,000 to both Wembley and Millenium, as did you lot at Wembley.

The fanbase is there for both teams in Bristol, but until either one or both reaches the Premier League neither would see it.

Sorry what have been your average gates the last three seasons?

So well run you currently have 4 managers on the pay roll? brilliant.

Okay, why not talk about the future?

There is a good chance, not a certainty, but a good chance you will go down this year, and if you do there is a good chance you could go straight up, but still a chance that will you stay in L1.

There is also a good chance that next season under MM we can push for promotion.

In a few years time both teams will be in the same leagues, mark my words.

You seriously under estimate that league you are in.

It does make me laugh how some Rovers fans think they are a big club in that league.

There is a good chance we will go down....we also have a chance to stay up. IF we stay up....and it's a big IF, I believe we have an up and coming manager here who will kick us on.

In a nut shell.....we can if and but all we like. We are still a bigger club then you, next season we will still be in a higher league then you, and if anyone is going to get a new stadium....it won't be yourselves.

You do not have one thing better then us, you do not have one thing to make us jealous. Even if we come bottom, you still would like to be us.

......truth hurts eh

Well ran.....really? Please explain?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Indeed, deluded?

0-0 thriller against Torquay? Think you'll find it was 2-2 where we scored two cracking goals.

Sorry sweetie!

Shows how much attention I pay to your lot these days really. Wake me up when you've got a proper team won't you?

PS - Congrats on the 2 'cracking' goals at Torquay. 'Mazin!! You must be very proud of your team!

See how clear i made that?!

There's something else significant about the number 82.....

It's a league position your struggling to get to!!!

Must be great to be 84th in the football league!

Course we have the supporters, we took 40,000

to both Wembley and Millenium, as did you lot at Wembley.

So come on then gashead why don't you explain how your well ran club stole the rugby club from Bristol?

I would have thought you lot would have dropped this 1982 business, as we have won more since '82 than you lot have since 1883 which is really quite embarrassing for you and your '40,000' fans!!

So come on then gashead why don't you explain how your well ran club stole the rugby club from Bristol?

I'll start for him......losing about £2m a year, letting Lennie Lawrence go in a cost cutting exercise, arguably the brains behind their last mini success when they got promoted and came mid table in League 1. Appointed Dave Penny, then got relegated.....then appointed Paul Buckle and let him sign about 600 players, whilst letting experienced passionate players like Stuart Campbell go....

......yep, your ran so well!!

Bristol Rovers fan in peace here.

Have to say that DanDanDan, you're embarrassing yourself a bit.

I love the gas, but PLEASE don't try and argue that we're bigger/better than City.

They're a fifth year Championship club with a multi-millionaire backer, a whopping salary bill, a new stadium on the way and average gates in excess of 12k.

We're mid-table in the basement league, our crowds are dwarfed by the rugby club and Craig Stanley is a first-choice player. I mean, Craig f*cking Stanley. How did it come to this?

In summary, as some forumers have eloquently pointed out, we never have been or are likely to be, bigger than City.

I love the gas, but PLEASE don't try and argue that we're bigger/better than City.

They're a fifth year Championship club with a multi-millionaire backer, a whopping salary bill, a new stadium on the way and average gates in excess of 12k.

We're mid-table in the basement league, our crowds are dwarfed by the rugby club and Craig Stanley is a first-choice player. I mean, Craig f*cking Stanley. How did it come to this?

In summary, as some forumers have eloquently pointed out, we never have been or are likely to be, bigger than City.

A rugby club also owned by our multi millionaire backer.

Eh, you sure you're a rovers fan?

I haven't once stated that we're a bigger club than c*ty, if i have, feel free to quote me.

They're in the championship and fairplay to them, but with their finances they should be pushing towards the top of the table. And their future in the championship isn't safe yet.

Their average attendance this season is around 13,000. Now seeing as AG fits something like 20,000 thats poor for a "big" team who are playing in the championship, regardless of the position they are in.

On the other hand we don't really have the money, our stadiums a shithole and we're in the basement league. If you pitch that to a bunch of people who aren't football fans who would they rather go watch? Also have you forgotten that we have plans for a new stadium?

I know the facts, but i just came on here for a bit of banter. Nothing more.

I haven't once stated that we're a bigger club than c*ty, if i have, feel free to quote me.

They're in the championship and fairplay to them, but with their finances they should be pushing towards the top of the table. And their future in the championship isn't safe yet.

Their average attendance this season is around 13,000. Now seeing as AG fits something like 20,000 thats poor for a "big" team who are playing in the championship, regardless of the position they are in.

On the other hand we don't really have the money, our stadiums a shithole and we're in the basement league. If you pitch that to a bunch of people who aren't football fans who would they rather go watch? Also have you forgotten that we have plans for a new stadium?

Care to elaborate on how your a well run club?

Care to elaborate on how your a well run club?

Just trying to get a point across that compared to other teams we are ran well.

Also to the 4 managers on the pay roll comment, Penney, Buckle, McGhee and who? I don't think Trollope will be on it any more as he's at Birmingham? Could be wrong though. It is a disaster to be in that situation, but we don't really go throwing money that we haven't got about. We had to get rid of these managers as they were driving the club nowhere, maybe we shouldn't of got rid of Penney, but he wasn't getting the results and appointing Campbell was a desperate shot to get the players to listen to someone, i think they listened to Campbell and Penney had failed to get them to do that. Buckle was a complete disaster, slagging off Bristolians and taking us out of the league.

McGhee has been a good appointment, and should be able to take us up next season.

Just trying to get a point across that compared to other teams we are ran well.

Also to the 4 managers on the pay roll comment, Penney, Buckle, McGhee and who? I don't think Trollope will be on it any more as he's at Birmingham? Could be wrong though. It is a disaster to be in that situation, but we don't really go throwing money that we haven't got about. We had to get rid of these managers as they were driving the club nowhere, maybe we shouldn't of got rid of Penney, but he wasn't getting the results and appointing Campbell was a desperate shot to get the players to listen to someone, i think they listened to Campbell and Penney had failed to get them to do that. Buckle was a complete disaster, slagging off Bristolians and taking us out of the league.

McGhee has been a good appointment, and should be able to take us up next season.

Your club has been run shambolically recently, Higgs has picked some awful managers.

Also you ARE spending above your means just like we are. Just as most football clubs are, so don't be fooled - you are leaking money and probably big bucks in comparison to your awful league position.

As well as having an inflated opinion of the gash you also appear to have an inflated opinion of us. We're not a 'big' club in the C'ship and historically our crowds have never been much more than 13k especially in recent years.

The difference between City and the gash over many years now is simple: AMBITION. Your lot have never had any. Fair play to Higgs for the stadium, maybe finally will see some decent times for you.

Thank **** you're leaving Bristol though, and the city will be cleansed of your gypo fans

You used the word "big" in quotation marks to suggest that someone had said that we think City are a big club.

Can you please confirm your evidence of this being said by a City fan.

Thank you, DanDanDan, the annoying Man,Man,Man.

Truth is though Woolford is a pile of ****. Dont feel sorry for him for the crap he gets. If he wants to participate in these social networking sites then he should take the rough with the smooth. I do feel sorry for Joe Bryan though. Brilliant debut then dropped for that pile of crap Woolford. Wasnt as if he made the bench either.

Bryan wasn't dropped per se. He said to DMc on Friday that he was still feeling "leggy" from Tuesday nights game. Admire his honesty as i'd have no doubt he would've wanted to play.

You say that having a average crowd of 13,000 in a 20,000 stadium is poor but you struggle to get 5k in a 11k shed?

I'd just like to tell you what most City fans feel about 1982, part of our history we are very, very proud of:

8 men had a dream

To save a football team

They tore up contracts so that we could go on

We still caried on

Its 30 years on

We're Bristol City

We're still going strong

COYR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :city:

Archived