IGNORED

Where Has This Club Gone So Wrong?

Volta

What's happened to this club for us to be SO poor? I mean mistake after mistake after mistake, people say that we have had no 'luck', but we haven't created these problems for ourselves.

For the first time, I can't actually see us picking up points? And we LOOK by far the worst team in this league.....granted other teams around us are struggling too, but NOONE looks as AWFUL as us.....and I include a Coventry side made up of youth players, and a Donny squad made up of LOANEES.

We looks SO poor, what's gone wrong? How can a team that was a stalwart midtable team become so bad?

Lansdown lost face when Coppell walked out. Panicked and appointed Millen. And then lost interest when Keith turned to to be as poor as many on here predicted. There was no will to address Millen's incompetence early on...things drifted and we started this season with a squad that can't compete.

It's not complicated.

What's happened to this club for us to be SO poor? I mean mistake after mistake after mistake, people say that we have had no 'luck', but we haven't created these problems for ourselves.

For the first time, I can't actually see us picking up points? And we LOOK by far the worst team in this league.....granted other teams around us are struggling too, but NOONE looks as AWFUL as us.....and I include a Coventry side made up of youth players, and a Donny squad made up of LOANEES.

We looks SO poor, what's gone wrong? How can a team that was a stalwart midtable team become so bad?

Phahaha, brilliant. I said the same thing after the Portsmouth came and you called me "clueless". You really couldnt make it up.

This is what I said - "Well I can tell you from where I was sitting a very poor footballing side. We had NO heart, we don't track back, we punt aimless balls forward, and we cannot defend. I am normally a very positive person, but we're, in my opinion in trouble. BIG trouble."

Hypocrite

Phahaha, brilliant. I said the same thing after the Portsmouth came and you called me "clueless". You really couldnt make it up.

This is what I said - "Well I can tell you from where I was sitting a very poor footballing side. We had NO heart, we don't track back, we punt aimless balls forward, and we cannot defend. I am normally a very positive person, but we're, in my opinion in trouble. BIG trouble."

Hypocrite

Away to a Pompey side who just battered Birmingham you tit. At home to Watford is a different thing altogether.

And to confirm, yes you are clueless.

McInnes out of his depth. Worse now than when Millen was in charge

Have to agree with you, i really wanted Delboy here,as did the majority of city fans, but have to say he needs to go at the end of the season, regardless wether we stay up (long shot) or go down.

He has had enough time to turn things around and hasnt.

If he stays on in league one,my concern is we may well end up in div 4,seen it all before in the 80s.

Should have got Dave Jones in, think we would be half a dozen places higher if we had of

FFS Birmingham had 10 men and Pompey had scored 1 goal and taken 1 point from the 6 games prior to playing us, get a grip.

I think he is trying to clutch ay straws Es, people still trying to justify our piss poor team and season. I suspect they will still be doing it when we drop through the trap door.

We were gutless tonight, as soon as the 2nd goal went in, all that fight we have shown in the last 3 games disappated.

Have to agree with you, i really wanted Delboy here,as did the majority of city fans, but have to say he needs to go at the end of the season, regardless wether we stay up (long shot) or go down.

He has had enough time to turn things around and hasnt.

If he stays on in league one,my concern is we may well end up in div 4,seen it all before in the 80s.

Should have got Dave Jones in, think we would be half a dozen places higher if we had of

You don't understand do you. We are very very poor! It's not the managers, just look at how many we have had in the last 3-4 years? Sir Alex couldn't manage this dross..

Player power. They got Johnson sacked because he would not let them get away with taking it easy. Millen was their puppet and Del looks as hapless as him now. Just a microchosm of the game; run by players for players and owners to weak to stand up to them. Who chooses the Chelsea manager, Abramovich or Terry and his cronies? Even if I could I would not put my money into the pockets of such parasites. Lunatics, asylum etc..

You don't understand do you. We are very very poor! It's not the managers, just look at how many we have had in the last 3-4 years? Sir Alex couldn't manage this dross..

Clearout needed. 3/4 of playing squad have to go and start from scratch.

**** off!

So explain to us how we are better? and don't say cos we are 4th from bottom, because it is what you witness with your eyes that counts, and apart from a bit of fight in the previous 3 games, we have been every bit as poor as we were under Millen. Hioneymoon period aside we have been clueless under McInnes, and its not just players, its tactics formations and red cards! I can't rember so many red cards under a manager. The only thing you can't fault him for is injuries, but maybe you can, maybe its his training techniques

When you continue to shop for seconds and hand me downs over many years, you tend to end up with a team reflecting this. Our problem has and still is, there is no plan for the future in place. Johnson neglected an entire generation of the academy, Lansdown let him buy endless crap and let him neglect the academy and this has carried on to the present day, we buy cheap to go with our cheap manager option, who looks to our mediocre backroom setup to fill gaps and then to our non existent scouting system, which has been a joke for as long as I can remember.

We are stuck with players who are less exciting to watch than paint drying.

Simple really.

When you continue to shop for seconds and hand me downs over many years, you tend to end up with a team reflecting this. Our problem has and still is, there is no plan for the future in place. Johnson neglected an entire generation of the academy, Lansdown let him buy endless crap and let him neglect the academy and this has carried on to the present day, we buy cheap to go with our cheap manager option, who looks to our mediocre backroom setup to fill gaps and then to our non existent scouting system, which has been a joke for as long as I can remember.

Simple really.

The Academy argument would stand if any of the graduates were any good. Where are they now? The Academy is as crap as the rest of the club, run by a succession of jobsworths when money should have been invested years ago in getting the best possible youth coaches. With the Prem having declared they can take any good young player they want and the League rolling over Academies are an even bigger waste of money now.

Lansdown lost face when Coppell walked out. Panicked and appointed Millen. And then lost interest when Keith turned to to be as poor as many on here predicted. There was no will to address Millen's incompetence early on...things drifted and we started this season with a squad that can't compete.

It's not complicated.

+1 - Very succintly put. Agree absolutely.

The problems have been here for years, even in our L1 promotion season, how many times did we get battered at home & away but sneak a last minute winner or scrape a 1-0 win against the run of play.

We managed to sneak up on the last day and used that momentum to reach the Pray Off final the following season, where we just didn't turn up........we should have acted then.

Renewed contracts for players that were obviously not going to take us to the next level has held us back and cost the club a lot of money over the years.

BCAGFC

Simple really.

Well said!

Simple really.

We always have. Take Maynard and when we spent all that Money on Anderson, Thorpe and Akinbiyi out of the equation and we've always been the same. Always quantity over quality. That's why we have a big squad full of crap. SL has put so much money into the club, most of it just to keep the clubs head above water, but because of this cost it's given us less to spend on good players. Maybe SL will get as fed up as all of us one day and instead of walking away will just say here you go Del here's 10 Million go and buy us 5 or 6 good players to bring all our blood pressures down, but I can't see it ever happening due to all the running costs of the club.

I remember the good old day's being natched up in the eastend with Neville, Riley, Shutt, Super Bob, Walshy, smudger, Waugh to name a few, and playing good football, in the sunshine, and scoring some goals, winning, and going home happy.

Where did it all go so wrong?

McInnes out of his depth. Worse now than when Millen was in charge

Oh my ****. Yeah tonight was absolutely terrible. And in all honesty I haven't felt this down about City since Cardiff 03 / Brighton 04... but you can't be serious about that?? Had Millen still been in charge now we would be in a far far worse position and the fact that we're still in with a chance of staying up is a huge credit to McInnes. After tonight I'm seriously doubting our ability to stay in this division but for goodness sake when Millen was in charge not only was it worse we were rock bottom and without a prayer. We still have a chance to turn this around..

So explain to us how we are better? and don't say cos we are 4th from bottom, because it is what you witness with your eyes that counts, and apart from a bit of fight in the previous 3 games, we have been every bit as poor as we were under Millen. Hioneymoon period aside we have been clueless under McInnes, and its not just players, its tactics formations and red cards! I can't rember so many red cards under a manager. The only thing you can't fault him for is injuries, but maybe you can, maybe its his training techniques

You cannot judge Mcinnes on this season. Pathetic for you to say he is out of his depth! Our squad is out of its depth!! Clueless?? Your describing yourself mate!!!

You cannot judge Mcinnes on this season. Pathetic for you to say he is out of his depth! Our squad is out of its depth!! Clueless?? Your describing yourself mate!!!

maybe I am clueless, I would suggest you are delusional. Some of the worst performers are mcinnes signings. Care to explain that one away? Or explain how he sets up his team not to concede, but is averaging nearly 2 a game. Or perhaps explain his body language and how that affects players. Or explain how inexplicabley some how always finds positives in some if not the worst football displays I have witnessed. I include osman's team in that as well, because undoubtedly they were shite footballers, but at least at his very worst, osman could train a bag of shit to defend properly. Mcinnes cannot or has not shown he can master even that basic element of football.

Archived