IGNORED

Where Has This Club Gone So Wrong?

Volta

I think much is being made about the poor quality of signings by GJ, SC and KM. And indeed, some of our signings in the last couple of years have been less than great. But, the team we got to the play-offs with was no better on paper than our current squad. For me the issue is more of poor management of players, player power, player culture etc. Also, i have been amazed at the overall fitness of our squad.....so called professional football players blowing after 60 mins and having to be subbed. We need somehow to acquire a balanced squad of experience and youth who are both committed and professional in they're outlook of the game.....and a manager (hopefully Del) who takes a no nonsense approach and expect high standards of fitness and commitment. As to the fans, well i guess it's pointless asking them to be patient....many wanted GJ out before he'd been in charge of less than 10 games!

It looks better than when he took over!!!!! **** sake!

Millen when sacked had got 6 points from 10 games

I believe we are on a run of 5 points from 10 games

Position wise a slight improvement, results wise, worse

Millen when sacked had got 6 points from 10 games

I believe we are on a run of 5 points from 10 games

Position wise a slight improvement, results wise, worse

thats with millens squad + a few loan players that are unwanted from their parent clubs.

thats with millens squad + a few loan players that are unwanted from their parent clubs.

Wanted by Mcinnes though apparently.

results are results, he was bought in to get them, and apart from the honeymoon period he has failed. I won't repeat everything I have said before, it is all in these threads to read

Wanted by Mcinnes though apparently.

results are results, he was bought in to get them, and apart from the honeymoon period he has failed. I won't repeat everything I have said before, it is all in these threads to read

Managers should'nt be judged for at least a year - he deserves at least what millen got. A summer to sort things out.

He has been limited to what he can bring in, because we are in the middle of the season - so he can only bring in players that are unwanted by other clubs - In the summer, there are loads of players available - and its easier to do business then (even if millen would tell you differently :D )

Millen had a year - which was generous, because he already knew the squad and should have been able to hit the ground running - instead he made things worse.

McInnes comes here with a decent record to date as a manager - something millen did'nt have. We had no reason (or history as a manager) to believe millen would come good. We have every reason to think McInnes will.

Managers should'nt be judged for at least a year - he deserves at least what millen got. A summer to sort things out.

He has been limited to what he can bring in, because we are in the middle of the season - so he can only bring in players that are unwanted by other clubs - In the summer, there are loads of players available - and its easier to do business then (even if millen would tell you differently :D )

Millen had a year - which was generous, because he already knew the squad and should have been able to hit the ground running - instead he made things worse.

McInnes comes here with a decent record to date as a manager - something millen did'nt have. We had no reason (or history as a manager) to believe millen would come good. We have every reason to think McInnes will.

Well all of Millen's care taker periods he did a pretty good job and improved the the fair on show.

I think he was given the job at completely the wrong time. He was fire fighting from the start. I don't know if his hands were tied or not in terms of his transfer targets, but everying coming from the board suggested that purse strings were being pulled in

I think Millen was a little naive to take the job in the first place given the state of the club.

I just think some arguments are a little imbalanced in terms of it's all Millen's fault who had about 1 year in charge. Likewise you will notice I have never ever called for McInnes to be sacked or removed in any of my posts that appear to berate his tenure here. Like you say he cannot really be judged on his short tenure here. Any manager needs at least 2 years not 1 to start moulding a side, gives a chance for unwanted players who you can't sell to run their contracts down and gives you time to mould a squad.

I am purposly pointing out McInnes frailties as seen so far as a manager for us because the lamabasting of Millen, is a little over the top given the situation he was in as a manger. I don't for one minute think Millen was right for the managers position and like I said I think he was naive to take it, but then I think anyone one would jump at the chance if it was offered.

To compare Millen and McInnes. Millen has come in after others balls ups and mistakes and has twice stood in and done a good job and turned a sinking ship. McInnes has come in startred brightly and tailed off. If he keeps us up he has done his job, if he doesn't he has failed his primary first task.

History may show Millen was a better fire fighter than McInnes and McInnes may be a better manager than Millen.

Time will tell.

Well all of Millen's care taker periods he did a pretty good job and improved the the fair on show.

I think he was given the job at completely the wrong time. He was fire fighting from the start. I don't know if his hands were tied or not in terms of his transfer targets, but everying coming from the board suggested that purse strings were being pulled in

I think Millen was a little naive to take the job in the first place given the state of the club.

I just think some arguments are a little imbalanced in terms of it's all Millen's fault who had about 1 year in charge. Likewise you will notice I have never ever called for McInnes to be sacked or removed in any of my posts that appear to berate his tenure here. Like you say he cannot really be judged on his short tenure here. Any manager needs at least 2 years not 1 to start moulding a side, gives a chance for unwanted players who you can't sell to run their contracts down and gives you time to mould a squad.

I am purposly pointing out McInnes frailties as seen so far as a manager for us because the lamabasting of Millen, is a little over the top given the situation he was in as a manger. I don't for one minute think Millen was right for the managers position and like I said I think he was naive to take it, but then I think anyone one would jump at the chance if it was offered.

To compare Millen and McInnes. Millen has come in after others balls ups and mistakes and has twice stood in and done a good job and turned a sinking ship. McInnes has come in startred brightly and tailed off. If he keeps us up he has done his job, if he doesn't he has failed his primary first task.

History may show Millen was a better fire fighter than McInnes and McInnes may be a better manager than Millen.

Time will tell.

Millen will never get another job in management like tinnion, McInnes will

Archived