IGNORED

Where Has This Club Gone So Wrong?

Volta

When you continue to shop for seconds and hand me downs over many years, you tend to end up with a team reflecting this. Our problem has and still is, there is no plan for the future in place. Johnson neglected an entire generation of the academy, Lansdown let him buy endless crap and let him neglect the academy and this has carried on to the present day, we buy cheap to go with our cheap manager option, who looks to our mediocre backroom setup to fill gaps and then to our non existent scouting system, which has been a joke for as long as I can remember.

We are stuck with players who are less exciting to watch than paint drying.

Simple really.

You're so right! The rot always starts at the top. Johnson did a great job at motivating mediocre players and I am his biggest fan, but Landsdown should have questioned all these funds that were going on players - his transfer record wasn't great at all. So much money was spent on pointless loans and short termism was rife eg. Hartley was never going to be here for years, Trundle was getting on, Adebola, Iwelumo etc. were brought here without much view into the future. Then the serious problems started, the board panicked and sacked GJ after a period of stagnation and replaced him with Millen/Coppel(with no overall plans and goals in mind it seems). When we had these two managers there was a complete an utter lack of direction from the club - what were are aims? For example, last year we relied on Caulker - a loanee. Plans should have been in place to find a suitable replacement as a priority. All the fans realised this. But nothing happened. Panick mode seems to be the norm now. If we go down, we go down. What I want to see is some tangible targets made and a team being built to reflect this.

The points on the scouting network is true as well. Who have we unearthed? Adomah. And that's it recently. When you compare it to a club of similar size size to us such as Swansea, our setup is laughable. Even in Leagues 1 and 2 they were able to find a core to a Premier League team at bargain prices. Ashley Williams, Leon Britton, Dyer, Tate, Monk were plucked out of obscurity. Why can't we do the same. We're the biggest team in our region - surely it would not be overstretching to at least have a core network of scouts in all the teams in the South West

On the basis of tonight, he could have stayed and done a better job than any other striker we've had in the past 3 years

True, but that is the short sightness, which in my opinion is why we're in the situation we are. Iwelumo played well tonight. but Watford fans have been moaning about him all season, saying he's slow, has a poor touch. One game doesn't make a player. Plus Watford are a better team than us at the moment, he wouldn't look as good in our team.

Have to agree with you, i really wanted Delboy here,as did the majority of city fans, but have to say he needs to go at the end of the season, regardless wether we stay up (long shot) or go down.

He has had enough time to turn things around and hasnt.

If he stays on in league one,my concern is we may well end up in div 4,seen it all before in the 80s.

Should have got Dave Jones in, think we would be half a dozen places higher if we had of

McInnes is as good as Paul Lambert as a boss.And look were Lambert is just now.Wait and see what happens if you stay up.And he has a clear out and brings players in from Scotland.

1 Kello

2 Wilson

3 Dixson

4 Kenneth

5 Zaliukas

6 Morris

7 Sendaza

8 Robertson

9 Mc Fadden

10 Beattie

11 Stevenston

12 Encklman

13 O Connor

Could all be at your club for free.

If you punt your dead weights

You could spend your limited budget on better

Davidson,Driver,Templeton,Fyfie,McLean,McGowan.

Lambert had seasons at lower levels in the English game getting accustomed to the way we played. Mcinnes has just jumped in in the deep end. I made this point when he came down and was pilliored for it. He needed to learn to manage lower down before taking a job here, to be on a similar path to Lambert who worked with Wycombe and Colchester before Norwich. Not just go straight to step 2.

As for your players I appreciate that you are a student of the Scottish game but to keep pushing the same players, many of whom havent done it at this level, or are old, isnt helping your cause dude. It's great to get some input from the North, but please stop with the Morris, Enkleman, O Connor stuff, as people will start having a go at you.

So Craig Beattie has not done it has he?The players are not old at all.Morris can play at that level.Deak was playing in the EPL a year older than him with WBA.McFadden has done it and went up with Brum.He is to good for you any way.Derek Riordan is what you need.Another guy that would be free.He is avoiding tax out the country just now.He signed for a Chinese team.Your league is not that great,did Forsyth and McGinn play for Watford tonight and Iwelumo?Its kind off pathetic that you all seem to think that there is a big gap between the championship and the SPL.And you thought that the players on that list were old.The players on that list are in there mid 20ties.And guys like Kenneth turned down Blackpool.And Dixson is chased bye Derby.Who Maguire on loan scored for Pompey tonight.Bryson deal worked for them,he has only mist one game this year.Chris Burke is having a great season got 9 goals from midfield and 13 assists the last time I checked.And Riordan is a better teqnical player.

Who signed the players though!

Exactly.

Most of them were signed by GJ. These players have either past it or are just not good enough anymore. We need a fresh clear out and to start again, and if that means relegation, then so be it.

I didnt say anything about Beattie, but if we must.

Beattie has been at a host of clubs down here, and hasnt really done it

Morris is 33 and didnt set the world alight at Millwall amongst others

Sadanza failed at Brighton

James McFadden is a sicknote, we dont need another one

Derek Riordan was linked down to play in England several times, nothing ever materialised as you say he is in China now and is nearly 30

Enkleman failed at Cardiff and is ancient

Gary O Connor has failed at plenty of clubs.

You've confused something somewhere. Ive not said that all scot's players are rubbish, just that the ones you keep mentioning over and over again are largely bobbins as proven by their woeful efforts in England and that people will start to turn on you if you keep pushing them when they are clearly not up to the task

O Connor got banned 6 months for taking coke.He was left out down to that.It was on C4 dispatches.Beattie has failed really is that why he went up with Swansea last year then?How do you know that there not up to the task?When you have never even saw any off them play in that league?And why did Holly try and bye Kenneth?His moves up here usually work out.Zaliukas is 28 how is that old for a defender?KENNETH is 24,ROBERTSON is 26 DIXON is 25,STEVENSTON is 24,WILSON is 27.And Sendaza was injured most the time at Dundee Utd and Brighton.He is over it and a better player now.And is 27 as well.Kello is 29 so how are they old?Beattie is 28 and at his peak.

What bothers me is that this is exactly the same situation we were in when we were relegated in 1995. After promotion in 1990, we almost reached the playoffs the following season and then spent four seasons getting gradually worse before going down. Along the way we ended up selling our best striker to a team in the same division and ended up relying on a Scottish manager who started his playing career at Greenock Morton....for Cole and Jordan, substitute Maynard & McInnes.

Taking the easy option with Millen, just as we did with Tinman.

If Keef was still here we would be rock bottom.

DMC must've seen us as a soft touch when evaluating the players. hence the defenders brought in. We just have to ride it out.

The Maynard saga hasn't helped and we should have had a sharp

replacement lined us

The puppet muppett Sexton hasn't helped and as a consequence we have floundered a little without strong decisive leadership that SL brought previously

It's becoming ever more clear now how badly this club is run. Like I think I've mentioned before, there is a strain running through the club that hinders its progress massively. From the academy, to the coaching, the way the club is promoted-it's something I can't quite put my finger on but I really hope the board come together, have a proper sit down and think of ways to get this club into the 21st Century.

The club needs a massive clear out and rethink on the way they engage with the fans, the way the club is run and addressing the work ethic of players and staff. And let's not even get onto the stadium farce! I rarely get to see City play due to work and location, so don't have the luxury on commenting on players, but the same names seem to arise in terms of ability and commitment. If we can hold onto Stead, Pitman, Adomah, McManus, Cisse and perhaps Bryan, then we have a core of decent players to build upon. Like someone said before, this may be easier to achieve in League One but we all know it's certainly not going to be an easy ride if we do go down. I'd ideally like the club to try a new approach, challenge the norm-if it takes time so be it, I'd rather that than clinging onto Championship status for **** knows how long.

Again some crossed wires here somewhere. You are having an argument with someone else about something else.

O Connor was rancid for Birmingham and Barnsley down here, Naff all to do with his indescretions

Beattie has played for Preston, Palace, WBA, Swansea, Sheffield United and Watford in this league iirc He hasnt started a full season anywhere yet, hasnt got the greatest scoring record and so what he went up with Swansea last year, he wasnt even first choice striker for them, basically he isnt up to this level. It's not rocket science.

As for seeing them play, I've seen the ones I've mentioned enough.

As for the rest, all ive said is stop pushing the agenda.

Who has played a full season?Off coarce he gets injury and gets dropped down to running him self into the ground.What a really daft statement to be making.Its rare that a player plays the full season anywhere.Beattie was playing EPL with WBA.So hows that playing your level?I will say what I want in here.I have wished your team the best.How ever you need a clear out.Maybe you want to go and read the comments and not just mines.Plenty off peaple are all angry tonight.And the other players that I mentioned,are mainly in the Scots under 21.And Davidson was in the squad for the Brazil game.Sounds like you dont rate Scottish football though.Fair enough that is your opinion.But it sounds like you dont even know who our players are.If you get any off the Fyfie or McLean"s you would be doing well.I think they are EPL class myself like Wylde.McGowan you might manage to land,but will fight with other championship teams to land him.

Why is every criticism of McInnes dismissed with wtf, omg, **** off or some other well thought out response.

The bloke was a relatively unknown who we were apparently "lucky to get" (and presumably on the cheap cuz that seams to be the way we appoint managers) who has yet to demonstrate why so many have blind faith in his abilities.

If we had a couple of good results in the bag, a little cup run, a few points - maybe even a quality loanee or two then I could understand the optimism - but we have non of those things and on recent (several months) performances are showing absolutely no hint that we will under McInnes.

Simply being a little bit better than Millen isn't good enough.

When you continue to shop for seconds and hand me downs over many years, you tend to end up with a team reflecting this. Our problem has and still is, there is no plan for the future in place. Johnson neglected an entire generation of the academy, Lansdown let him buy endless crap and let him neglect the academy and this has carried on to the present day, we buy cheap to go with our cheap manager option, who looks to our mediocre backroom setup to fill gaps and then to our non existent scouting system, which has been a joke for as long as I can remember.

We are stuck with players who are less exciting to watch than paint drying.

Simple really.

couldnt argue with any of that kid

maybe I am clueless, I would suggest you are delusional. Some of the worst performers are mcinnes signings. Care to explain that one away? Or explain how he sets up his team not to concede, but is averaging nearly 2 a game. Or perhaps explain his body language and how that affects players. Or explain how inexplicabley some how always finds positives in some if not the worst football displays I have witnessed. I include osman's team in that as well, because undoubtedly they were shite footballers, but at least at his very worst, osman could train a bag of shit to defend properly. Mcinnes cannot or has not shown he can master even that basic element of football.

Its so easy to be negative and blame Mcinnes! If when Millen was sacked someone would of suggested that with 8 games left we would be 4pts clear of drop zone i would of bit there hand off! We have overachieved since Mcinnes took charge!! We dont have any quality in our squad , players who struggle with the pace of championship football, as a result we cant keep the ball, it doesnt matter how you set up, if you cant keep the ball you will struggle! Too many players who dont care in our squad because they are out of contarct in the summer and they know they wont be here because they aint good enough! No goals! No midfield! His body language! Seems very passionate to me! Its important as a manger that you find positives to keep what little confidence the squad has in tact! Mcinnes has shown me plenty to suggest he is gonna be a class manager for us! This club is in a mess, to blame him because we are where we are is a joke! Runs alot deeper than that! So no mate I aint delusional! Just clearly understand whats going on @ our club alot more than you do!!

MCCINNES - Completely clueless! Sets up to be defensive but yet we still concede 2 a game, the ball is like a hot potato to anyone that receives it so they hoof it aimlessly long and it comes straight back. Yes he inherited a poor squad but the players he has brought in and have been just as bad which confirms to me he his way out of his depth at this level and should go back to Scotland ASAP.

Well done board another great appointment!!

Its so easy to be negative and blame Mcinnes! If when Millen was sacked someone would of suggested that with 8 games left we would be 4pts clear of drop zone i would of bit there hand off! We have overachieved since Mcinnes took charge!! We dont have any quality in our squad , players who struggle with the pace of championship football, as a result we cant keep the ball, it doesnt matter how you set up, if you cant keep the ball you will struggle! Too many players who dont care in our squad because they are out of contarct in the summer and they know they wont be here because they aint good enough! No goals! No midfield! His body language! Seems very passionate to me! Its important as a manger that you find positives to keep what little confidence the squad has in tact! Mcinnes has shown me plenty to suggest he is gonna be a class manager for us! This club is in a mess, to blame him because we are where we are is a joke! Runs alot deeper than that! So no mate I aint delusional! Just clearly understand whats going on @ our club alot more than you do!!

Keep saying that yo yourself mate.

McInnes has bought in a fair few players and can not coach a team to defend, which is what he is trying to do, as he keeps saying he wants to make us hard to beat. Any coach and ex player will tell you coaching out the basic mistakes we are making is easy to do. So why are we still making the same mistakes? 1. The players are not listening, then that is a problem with McInnes not having the respect of the players or not conveying his tactical approach properly or 2 He doesn't know how to coach defensively. I would hope it was 1 and not 2. But what ever you say, it is the coaches fault. Lets not forget he proudly came out saying these players were quality, they are my players, not the previous managers players. That suggests to m he hasn't got a clue what a quality player is, because we all know from what we have seen over the past few seasons we are lacking quality. That is a player judgement issue with McInnes. Even worse, the money he has spent and players he has got in on the whole have been injury prone or plain Garbage, yet another downside on his player judgement in my book.

So you can dress it up any way you like, A lot of his decisions have got us in this position, only his Honeymoon period gave us the glimmer of hope we currently have.

And then I go on to his body Language, yes he looks all good when it is 0-0, when we concede it is head in hands and moping about the touchline. and the occaional bollocking here or there, I have been watching him. This does not convey a never say die, up and at em lads attitude which we need righ now, it's almost like the players take his lead and the heads drop. The guy has never experienced any hard times managing, and does not have a clue how to deal with it (not his fault) unfortunately he is now experimenting with our Championship survival.

Added to this the red cards we are getting under him, I can't imagine it is something he has created, but you never know, for years we have had had a great disciplinary record in terms of Red cards, this guy comes in and they are getting sent off all over the place... WHich doesn't help him.

Injuries, they haven't helped either, but maybe you have to question a change of training techniques part way throuigh the season on these injuries. His better loan players sem to be injury prone as well!

All of this adds up to bad decsion making on his part, some of it granted is unlucky, but on the whole you make your own luck, and I am not sure McInnes has shown enough about is managerial ability so far at city to warrant any luck.

His job from the outset was to keep us in this division, he has taken the job on that understanding, so I am hoping by some huge fortune we stay up. At the moment it doesn't look good.

Lansdown lost face when Coppell walked out. Panicked and appointed Millen. And then lost interest when Keith turned to to be as poor as many on here predicted. There was no will to address Millen's incompetence early on...things drifted and we started this season with a squad that can't compete.

It's not complicated.

Spot on .

I also would add that appointing a relative unknown and with no championship experience was also a gamble which does not seem to be paying off.

Harsh to Judge McInnes on this group of players, most signed by other managers the rest a group of loanee/mid season signings that would of been brought in cos of injuries etc more than anything.

I always believe a manager should get a full season to prove himself, i know others on here will disagree.

I hope McInnes is a manager that can buy wisely and can get the best out of what we have (aka GJ) cos thats what this club needs.

But if he keeps us up, gets us to the play-offs next year followed by a mediocre season (aka GJ) you will still get some idiots on here wanting him out.

My point being - Yeah we need to change culture of the club, management, players, coaching staff, set-ups etc....but the mindset of us so called fans need to get real as well!

Taking the easy option with Millen, just as we did with Tinman.

If Keef was still here we would be rock bottom.

DMC must've seen us as a soft touch when evaluating the players. hence the defenders brought in. We just have to ride it out.

The Maynard saga hasn't helped and we should have had a sharp

replacement lined us

The puppet muppett Sexton hasn't helped and as a consequence we have floundered a little without strong decisive leadership that SL brought previously

You've hit the nail right bang square on the head with your last sentence. This club lacks proper leadership, the club is adrift with players that should have been thrown overboard years ago and maybe never even signed up in the first place. Steve Lansdown is the Captain but he's jumped ship and left a few incompetent lackies in charge. New Stadium, Community Trust, Academy and other well meaning schemes are all a waste of time if the club can't put out a half decent first team to compete in the Championship.

To be fair to Lansdown....appointing people with no experience isnt something he normally does :fear:

What I find notable is the disappearance from the forum of many of the people who challenged the likes of you when - fully 18 months ago? - I recall you and others were questioning Millen's competence. Where did Keef's champions go?

Nothing that has happened was unforeseen, it was predicted...yet there were folk willing to give Millen a whole season to prove he didn't have it and a preseason to wreck the chances of any successor.

Sadly those folk included the BCFC Board.

Keith Millen is the reason we are in this mess, he let the players tell him what to do and surrounded himself by yes men we were relegated after ipswich's first goal under him,

McInnes has come in and has to work with the same players and wwe managed to drag ourselfs out of the bottom 3

Millen 6 points McInnes 28 points tell me again how is he worse?

McInnes needs to rebuild this club from top to bottom and can't do that while we have leachs like carey and co who have a history of undermining mangers still at the club

MCCINNES - Completely clueless! Sets up to be defensive but yet we still concede 2 a game, the ball is like a hot potato to anyone that receives it so they hoof it aimlessly long and it comes straight back. Yes he inherited a poor squad but the players he has brought in and have been just as bad which confirms to me he his way out of his depth at this level and should go back to Scotland ASAP.

Well done board another great appointment!!

This is exactly why we will never be successful! We have fans that are thick and deluded. Every bad run we have, the fickle fans want the manager to go. How the hell can he manage a very very poor side? I really feel sorry for the bloke, he's come in to a league he has no experience of and told to sort out this mess. He is a very good manager, but maybe he was appointed at the wrong time. Soon as Millen kept us up, I would of told Keith thanks for your job and leave it at there, and then appointed Mcinnes. However, this didn't happen and now we are where we are.

Archived