IGNORED

Where Has This Club Gone So Wrong?

Volta

I never thought i would say this but i think without Lansdown we would be a much more progressive club and be in a lot stronger position than we are now.

We actually had better playing staff under Scott Davidson than we do now. After all the money spent by Steve Lansdown's various managerial regimes we are relatively now no better off than when Scott Davidson was Chairman. I'm sure the club was also more financially stable and in far less debt - relatively - when Scott Davidson was at the helm.

What I find notable is the disappearance from the forum of many of the people who challenged the likes of you when - fully 18 months ago? - I recall you and others were questioning Millen's competence. Where did Keef's champions go?

Nothing that has happened was unforeseen, it was predicted...yet there were folk willing to give Millen a whole season to prove he didn't have it and a preseason to wreck the chances of any successor.

Sadly those folk included the BCFC Board.

The bottom part is the most important part of what you say. Certain people on here only backed Millen because they loved stirring it up and the attention they got by doing so.

It was clear to see, from day one....that appointing Millen was a mistake. I still cannot thing of one reason why appointing him was a good decison? this isnt hindsight either, as as you said.....I predicted this from day one. The Johnson / Millen team ran out of ideas....why anyone would think the other half of this failing team would suddenly turn it all round and get things progressing again, I dont know.

At the latest, he board should have reacted at the end of last season. Even after we were safe, we finished the season sloppy.

The real concern for me is what is going on behind the scenes. We can all see how bad it is on the pitch, I personally believe its just as bad off it.

I never thought i would say this but i think without Lansdown we would be a much more progressive club and be in a lot stronger position than we are now.

I dont, as without his money we would be screwed.

We need someone behind the scenes, that is experienced at this level. Reading have Nicky Hammond, someone with shed loads of contacts in football and knows the ins and outs of the game.

One person is too blame for the mess - he oversaw a shocking summer transfer window - the ideal time to bring in players and we missed the chance to fill the holes in our squad....

But you could say he shouldn't of had the chance to..

One person is too blame for the mess - he oversaw a shocking summer transfer window - the ideal time to bring in players and we missed the chance to fill the holes in our squad....

its ok, we bought in another winger and striker for our "development squad"

.....didnt replace Caulker, our best player last year by a mile

then lose 3-0 to Twitswich.......

"I didnt see it coming...."

I do agree with you Riaz, but the buck has to stop with SL....he appointed Teflon...and he continuously stuck by him, even when the most stupid of football fan could see he wasnt ever going to make it (well.....nearly every football fan)

But you could say he shouldn't of had the chance to..

I dont see why he should'nt have? He did well in his previous spell as caretaker and every manager has to start somewhere. You dont know how good a manager will be until he gets his chance. Sadly for us, he is a terrible manager.

the club also needs the stability johnson brought in sadly its all gone wrong since he was sacked, granted he needed to go but so did all his coaching staff scouts etc and we could of rebuilt 2 years ago instead of appoint copout and telling him to work with the failure of a back room we have,

McInnes is trying to change it but needs time he hasn't had any

the club also needs the stability johnson brought in sadly its all gone wrong since he was sacked, granted he needed to go but so did all his coaching staff scouts etc and we could of rebuilt 2 years ago instead of appoint copout and telling him to work with the failure of a back room we have,

McInnes is trying to change it but needs time he hasn't had any

People moaned during the Johnson spell...... How bad is was :doh:

I dont see why he should'nt have? He did well in his previous spell as caretaker and every manager has to start somewhere. You dont know how good a manager will be until he gets his chance. Sadly for us, he is a terrible manager.

.....as has been said before, when a manager leaves, unhappy players do get a lift....and 9 times out of 10 it shows on the pitch.

With Millen, as Ive said previously, if he had the answers and knew how to turn it around....surely with that input, him and Johnson could have turned it around?. Millen learnt his trade under GJ, so its no suprise that a lot of the things he did was like GJ.

One thing with Millen will always stick in my mind when Coppell first took the job, he said "I am not ready to be manager...."

What changed in 5 months.....nowt.

This is exactly why we will never be successful! We have fans that are thick and deluded. Every bad run we have, the fickle fans want the manager to go. How the hell can he manage a very very poor side? I really feel sorry for the bloke, he's come in to a league he has no experience of and told to sort out this mess. He is a very good manager, but maybe he was appointed at the wrong time. Soon as Millen kept us up, I would of told Keith thanks for your job and leave it at there, and then appointed Mcinnes. However, this didn't happen and now we are where we are.

I can't get behind a guy that has no tactical knowledge whatsoever!! I really wish he could prove me wrong cos he seems like a genuinely passionate guy that wants to succeed but I believe this job came to early in his career, we were in dire straits when he came in and the job was probably too big. We are relying on other teams losing to stay up cos I dont believe he can get the results we need.

I can't get behind a guy that has no tactical knowledge whatsoever!! I really wish he could prove me wrong cos he seems like a genuinely passionate guy that wants to succeed but I believe this job came to early in his career, we were in dire straits when he came in and the job was probably too big. We are relying on other teams losing to stay up cos I dont believe he can get the results we need.

St Johnson proves you wrong moron

Or are we just a League one team that has beeen punching above it's weight for the last few years?

We've had Basso, Orr, Trundle, Adebola, Hartley, Carle, Caulker and a great many others that have been way above league one players as footballers. They've all left now and they haven't been replaced like for like and that's why we've been struggling this season.

....I cant agree or disagree with you here.....as I dont think we will see what McInnes has until next season. The players we have here are not good enough....full stop. Doesnt matter whether you play 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 5-4-1, 1-1-9......we do not have enough players good enough for this level.

Its extremely hard to judge him at this moment in time

We've had Basso, Orr, Trundle, Adebola, Hartley, Carle, Caulker and a great many others that have been way above league one players as footballers. They've all left now and they haven't been replaced like for like and that's why we've been struggling this season.

he isn't fit to play in the conference

Really?

I'd say we are bigger then Peterborough aswell, and on a par with Millwall, Watford, Barnsley, Blackpool, Brighton, Burnley etc

Millwall FA Cup Final recently

Watford, Barnsley,Blackpool, Burnley all been in the prem

Brighton a club on the up and can see them cracking into the prem in the next few years

I'll give you peterborough

Millwall FA Cup Final recently

Watford, Barnsley,Blackpool, Burnley all been in the prem

Brighton a club on the up and can see them cracking into the prem in the next few years

I'll give you peterborough

I understand that, but that doesnt mean they are bigger clubs. It means they are small clubs, who have had decent infrastructures in place and utilised everything they had to the best of their ability to gain success.

They are more successful clubs then us in recent times...but I wouldnt say bigger

I understand that, but that doesnt mean they are bigger clubs. It means they are small clubs, who have had decent infrastructures in place and utilised everything they had to the best of their ability to gain success.

They are more successful clubs then us in recent times...but I wouldnt say bigger

Well what makes them bigger clubs is the following,

Bigger fan base avg home attendance

Can attract better players

Run better

More sucsessful

I could possibly give you barnsley too

Well what makes them bigger clubs is the following,

Bigger fan base avg home attendance

Can attract better players

Run better

More sucsessful

I could possibly give you barnsley too

I stand by what I said, the clubs I mention above I believe we are about on par with. Millwalls average attendance is similar, as is Watford, Barsnley, Burnley and Blackpool. Brighton admitadly are kicking on, and I will give you that one....but if they hadnt had their new stadium, I'd be interested to know what they would be like now.

Fan base....like the clubs I mention, were very similar. Same sort of home attendances, similar away support...and if a trip to Wembley comes about, all of a sudden between 30,000 and 40,000 people crawl out the wood work.

When Nick Carle was with us he was often outstanding and that's why Crystal Palace paid us a £million for him - one of the few players we've made money on in recent years !!!!!!

Nick Carle would walk into this team.

Dude, I dont know how many times I have to repeat myself

You are having a completely different discussion to the one I was, its as if you are arguing with someone else.

All Ive asked is for you to stop pushing some of the players you keep pushing as they have been roundly dismissed by me and others because they arent good enough at this level and this has been backed up in most cases by proof over a variety of different threads

Ive also said keep up with your posts regarding undiscovered talent as it's good to learn about newer players who may make it.

Ive not said anything else and dont intend to.

I dont think I could put this more clearly

Cheers

Actually I have read the threads.And have had City fans agreeing with me.Especially on Paul Dixon as your left back is old and crap.Its you that does not have a clue.In your world guys with winning atitudes are not welcome at your club.And O Connor has played EPL and in Russia.And Russia is a much stronger league than championship.The guys had drug problems,if he never he would be still playing in the EPL.He is better than any off your strikers,that is a fact.And is still only 28.He just needs a strong manager,to make him feel wanted.And he would get the best out off him.If he has put his drugs problems behind him.Hell rapists like King are scoring goals in that league.If O Connor puts away his troubled past.He can bang the goals in down there again.

Seriously, are you a troll? Clearly you are not reading what I've said for the umpteenth time. I think the report button will get hit if it continues

To reiterate again

1. Ive said stop pushing the players that have been roundly and utterly discredited as being able to play in this league, that includes O Connor. as people are beginning to get a bit fed up with it.This has been mentioned by several posters who have provided many reasons why some of your players will not make the grade. In general, they are older, or havent worked out when they have been at English clubs. It's not a personal blight on you, it's just in general, substantiated opinion/facts on some of the players you have mentioned.

2. By all means keep bringing up undiscovered talents. That has NEVER been an issue. yet you somehow think it is when the other players like those mentioned in 1 are questioned?

3. Stop trolling

Many Thanks.

Wow your the troll I gave you there age.And told you the latter ones that you would need to pay for are Scots under 21 player,Fyfie McLean.Who are all good enough in my opinion for the EPL.And the Dundee Utd players have not played championsip.Was Bauban playing for Watford last night?Go look at what club they got him from.Gomis went to Brum,Conway went to Cardiff all last year.And were all at Dundee Utd.So how would Robertson,Dixon,Kenneth not make the grade there to?What is up with there game,that would not be suited at championship level?Have you saw the size off Gary Kenneth?The guys a monster,and that is why Holly bid half a million for him.And Utd laughed at that pathetic bid.And Zaliukas is a international to,and solid as a rock.You dont know what your talking about.Your team needs winners,the Utd boys are winner.And Beattie knows how to go up.And is certainly not finished yet at 28.

The what now? Ive not mentioned any of that? Reported and put on ignore.

You are keen to have a different discussion with someone else about something else. So I think Ill let you do that.

Cheers

Reported what for being Scottish?And sticking up for my players?So your not going to answer why you think the Dundee United boys would not cut the championship?Like it or not Del will be bringing Scots down there next season.He has already said so on radio up here.

Reported what for being Scottish?And sticking up for my players?So your not going to answer why you think the Dundee United boys would not cut the championship?Like it or not Del will be bringing Scots down there next season.He has already said so on radio up here.

Ignore him jock - he never makes any sense.

He claimed one of our players was out of form - despite hardly playing!

Actually I have read the threads.And have had City fans agreeing with me.Especially on Paul Dixon as your left back is old and crap.Its you that does not have a clue.In your world guys with winning atitudes are not welcome at your club.And O Connor has played EPL and in Russia.And Russia is a much stronger league than championship.The guys had drug problems,if he never he would be still playing in the EPL.He is better than any off your strikers,that is a fact.And is still only 28.He just needs a strong manager,to make him feel wanted.And he would get the best out off him.If he has put his drugs problems behind him.Hell rapists like King are scoring goals in that league.If O Connor puts away his troubled past.He can bang the goals in down there again.

We signed him from the SPL.......

Archived