Team Versus Boro

........................JAMES

...............RIBS CAREY WILSON(?)

FOSTER..........CISSE..............MCGIVERN

........PEARSON.............KILKENNY

.......................ADOMAH

........................STEAD

Wilson out for season...

But we should deff call back Ribs right now.

Wilson out for season...

But we should deff call back Ribs right now.

Was just about to write the same thing, we are desperately short on numbers so we surely must recall Riberio...and if we fail in the loan market must consider recalling Stewart. OK he didn't have a great time here, but by all accounts he's been playing well at Notts County and could have built up abit of confidence.

Also im praying Davis is fit for Sunday because the thought of playing kilkenny in a midfield 4 away from home give me the heebie jeeeeeeeeebies

Was just about to write the same thing, we are desperately short on numbers so we surely must recall Riberio...and if we fail in the loan market must consider recalling Stewart. OK he didn't have a great time here, but by all accounts he's been playing well at Notts County and could have built up abit of confidence.

Also im praying Davis is fit for Sunday because the thought of playing kilkenny in a midfield 4 away from home give me the heebie jeeeeeeeeebies

whats davies doing on sunday?

I'd do this.

Gerken

Foster Spence Carey McAllister

Kilkenny Cisse Pearson

Pitman Stead Wood

Subs: James, Bolasie, McGivern, Bryan, Woolford.

Play very narrow and direct and try and keep hold of the ball as much as possible; i'd say "try and keep it tight" but there ain't much hope of that happening with our side. The front three will work their bollocks off for the side. Kilkenny instructed not to sit too deep, specifically not to go back to collect a three yard pass from the centre half, but instead make himself available further up the field. Three wingers on the bench isn't ideal, but we're so short of fit players that there isn't really a choice. Adomah dropped completely as he just doesn't appear fully fit to me at all. Looks knackered at the begining of a game let alone the end. I'd be tempted to put an academy player on the bench instead of McGivern, but i'm unsure as to who the best option is. I'd rather see us give the experience to one of our own. Same applies to Woolford - is there an academy midfielder or attacker good enough to make our bench?

Presuming: Davis is injured, Skuse isn't recovered, Fontaine suspended, McManus can't play and that Carey wasn't subbed due to injury.

Also out: Nyatanga, Clarkson, Elliot, Ribeiro?, Edwards (Loan), Stewart (Loan), Jackson (Loan)

Could we recall Stewart? I know he's not the best but he can win a ball in the air and is better than playing Spence (or anyone else for that matter) out of position.

IMO Gerken is just as good as James and will give whoever plays in front of him more confidence.

Gerken (surely he can kick it straight that alone would make the defence panic less)

Foster Spence Carey Bryan

Kilkenny Cisse Davis(if fit?) Pearson

Adomah Stead Bolaise

crazy formation for a crazy day where none of us expect a decent result so lets surprise Boro with a crazy team!

Honestly though I see us playing 4-5-1 now that the honey moon period for 4-4-2 is over With James in the starting 11 as if the last game never happened.

McAllister needs to be dropped. Both him and McGivern are poor defensively - but at least mcgivern is decent on the ball. McAllister was back lumping it again on tuesday - despite watford not pressing him like they did the rest of the team. He really did have lots of time on the ball - so there was no excuse for constantly lumping it aimlessly.

Much depends on whether Fontaine ban gets overturned.

I personally don't like to see McCallister, Pearson and Foster anywhere near the team but I can't see that we have much choice when the likes of McGivern are the alternative.

Probably have to be 4-5-1 with Kilkenny returning to midfield.

Gerken (surely he can kick it straight that alone would make the defence panic less)

Adomah Stead Bolaise

crazy formation for a crazy day where none of us expect a decent result so lets surprise Boro with a crazy team!

Honestly though I see us playing 4-5-1 now that the honey moon period for 4-4-2 is over With James in the starting 11 as if the last game never happened.

Fielding an extra player might be the only way of winning.

My team would be:

James,

Spence,Carey, Cisse, foster

Cisse

Pearson, Kilkenny ( at least looked like he wanted it on Tuesday)

Adomah, Stead, pitman

If that's makes sense!! Must be solid but I think we will get chances up there

Have we signed Cisse's brother?

My team would be:

James,

Spence,Carey, Cisse, foster

Cisse

Pearson, Kilkenny ( at least looked like he wanted it on Tuesday)

Adomah, Stead, pitman

If that's makes sense!! Must be solid but I think we will get chances up there

This formation is a piss take?? Right??

Adomah Stead Bolaise

And if we're lucky maybe they won't notice our 12-man team ;)

Archived