IGNORED

It Starts At The Top!

frenchred

Owner: Moved abroad, lacking interest, probably realizes his investment over the years is wasted, now has a new toy with the egg chasers

Board: Clueless, invisible, completely lacking in any customer/fanbase liaison, get a grip, speak out and man up!

Manager: any better then Millen? absolutely no better off than before he left, totally out of his depth, no knowledge of the league we are playing in, crap signings, crap substitutions, crap team

Keepers: One overpaid prima donna and one not good enough (not his fault today though)

Defence: Cant defend! Centre backs not quick enough, full backs not good enough! Foster??? Get back to Jockland

Midfield: No creativity at all, too slow dont help defend, dont do enough going forward, Wide men dont do enough and are too lazy to track back

Attack: Have we got one? Not with this manager!

Our club as a whole have gone backward, we are not good enough from the top down and t he silence is deafening! To many players who dont give a shite, think they are better than they are and earning too much money

Thats it for me

I agree I was listening to Barry Fry on the radio a few months back and he said Darren Ferguson went to the Peterborough owner with a list of targets and the Peterborough Owner knew all of them including a few players from non-leauge not only that he knew how many games they played how much they cost etc. Do we have that sort of knowledge here at AG I very much doubt it.

Owner: Moved abroad, lacking interest, probably realizes his investment over the years is wasted, now has a new toy with the egg chasers

Board: Clueless, invisible, completely lacking in any customer/fanbase liaison, get a grip, speak out and man up!

Manager: any better then Millen? absolutely no better off than before he left, totally out of his depth, no knowledge of the league we are playing in, crap signings, crap substitutions, crap team

Keepers: One overpaid prima donna and one not good enough (not his fault today though)

Defence: Cant defend! Centre backs not quick enough, full backs not good enough! Foster??? Get back to Jockland

Midfield: No creativity at all, too slow dont help defend, dont do enough going forward, Wide men dont do enough and are too lazy to track back

Our club as a whole have gone backward, we are not good enough from the top down and t he silence is deafening! To many players who dont give a shite, think they are better than they are and earning too much money

Thats it for me

Post of the season every word is true; S.L C.S hang your heads in shame; the buck stops with you.

Spot on OP. Starts and ends with Lansdown in truth. Coppell & Keith were his hopeless choices.

He took the applause when things were going well. All too happy to grab a mic and walk on the pitch and act the hero.

Where is he now?

Spot on OP. Starts and ends with Lansdown in truth. Coppell & Keith were his hopeless choices.

He took the applause when things were going well. All too happy to grab a mic and walk on the pitch and act the hero.

Where is he now?

But everyone on here was ecstatic when he brought Coppell in. Short of engaging a psychiatric expert before the contract was signed, I don't know there would've been anyway the board could have foreseen what the monotone Merseysider would do.

And to be fair to Lansdown, the last time he grabbed a mic and walked on to the pitch was when the stadium decision hung in the balance and things didn't looked rosy.

Without Lansdown we'd probably be in L2 now. It depresses me to read such attacks on someone who bankrolls the club and has to rely on the judgement of the Chief exec and Manager in the running of it.

Thats it for me

Careful for stating the obvious you need to choose your thread wisely as there are plenty will hurl abuse at you for that crime!

If I were SL I would be wondering whether it was/is worth it! Managers and players squandering SL's millions on each other is all he has gained from our club since his business went public!

We as a club are inept. The silence is deafening (as above) and it permiates throughout the boardroom, to the manager, coach and players, who can barely be arsed to celebrate the odd goal they do get.

Yes some will blame GJ, some will blame Coppell (knob) some will blame Millen and some DM, however the truth right now belongs somewhere between these four and a club board and its minions who have not got a clue about football its players and its fans!

God I hope SL sticks with this as without him we will be in Divvy 2 with the Gas. But he really does need to appoint someone who knows what he is doing when it comes to running a football club and the importance of the fans players and board pulling together (Director of Football!?) as he has been seriously let down so far.

But everyone on here was ecstatic when he brought Coppell in. Short of engaging a psychiatric expert before the contract was signed, I don't know there would've been anyway the board could have foreseen what the monotone Merseysider would do.

And to be fair to Lansdown, the last time he grabbed a mic and walked on to the pitch was when the stadium decision hung in the balance and things didn't looked rosy.

Without Lansdown we'd probably be in L2 now. It depresses me to read such attacks on someone who bankrolls the club and has to rely on the judgement of the Chief exec and Manager in the running of it.

Dont tell me he had nothing to do with the appointment of those 2, it was SL`s decision to "step back" i.m.o. and now the suits and fans have never been so isolated.

It beggers belief that when the fat lady is about to grab the mic, none of our so called leadership* has anything to say. Says everything I need to know about them.

* Dave Lloyd is the only one with b'lls big enough to face the flack.

*Thats because that is what they pay him for...Its not a service performed out of love!

Thats it for me

You forgot some of the so called fans

There are ome on here who dont deserve championship football

Well said mate.

Thats it for me

Thats it for me

Every word is true

And for those who are saying we would be in L2 if it wasn't for SL is that really true? Was we in L2 with Davidson or Laycock! So don't over egg the pudding it make you look like fools and as for the loses we are making well its all under SL watch so he had got no one to blame but himself.

Agree entirely. Considering the eulogizing on here about Lansdowns committment and investment in the club, under him we've spent ?6 yrs trying to get out of league one, had a singular successful season in the championship, 2 where we struggled and now we're off to ground zero again. Stadium..who knows? Very doubtful I'd suggest if we go down with or without a favorable ruling. Investment in players? I'm guessing a ceiling on transfer fees and wages has resulted in the mediocre collection of disinterested journeymen we've managed to put together over the last few years.

Basically he's an accountant, and understands the value of money. I've had several over the years and the one thing they've had in common is their very genuine dislike of taking a risk. He stuck his neck out once, took a risk with Coppell and got bitten.And wound it back in pretty damn quickly.

I respect SL as a businessman but personally believe he's bottled the opportunity he had to take this club to a different level . The rugby club exemplifies this. It's highly unusual to have a deep passion for two different mistresses.

What strikes me as odd is the lack of any methodical approach or work ethic instilled by DMC into the team.

It's very reactionary rather than creative.

We huff and puff then we go behind, a substitution is made which usually involves several positional changes rather than just some fresh legs, which just adds further confusion to the situation and rifles momentum.

I have to admit that I was expecting a lot more solid team displays and work ethics with the manager gradually stamping his authority on proceedings.

What I wasn't expecting is the downward clueless slide into League 1 clutching at penalties that weren't given or bemoaning our luck.

There is an improvement since Keef's hitting the channels league 1 tactics but sadly for us not a significant one.

Dont tell me he had nothing to do with the appointment of those 2, it was SL`s decision to "step back" i.m.o. and now the suits and fans have never been so isolated.

I didn't say Coppell's appointment wasn't Lansdown's choice - but be honest: You, me and the rest of city's support were pretty bloody happy when he made it. Check the threads posted here for a reminder.

How you expect Lansdown to foresee something that no-one else did is beyond me....

Lansdown's apologists have to face facts. He's promised the earth and has delivered very, very little.

Sure we were excited by Coppell's appointment, not least because of the stated aims and ambitions that went with it. Were any of us invited to interview him or hear his views on our future?...no. Football's not run like that. The responsibility for the appointment - and brief glory - was all SL's. And when it went wrong he was the one who appointed Millen...which was the disaster many predicted.

Lansdown says almost nothing these days - so his words can't return to haunt him - but he was the chap talking about pushing for the Prem, and the new stadium we were all invited to admire years ago was his baby.

As it stands today it looks as though he has spent a fortune to achieve what? - a solitary promotion and a couple of really decent seasons in the Championship under GJ. The supporters today pay handsomely to sit watching dross in a clapped out stadium. Their money goes straight into financing the players cars sitting in the car park. We're told the club is running a huge loss, and we're supposed to thank the man who took charge of the finances over a decade ago for bailing us out. Lansdown has run Bristol City through the football boom years, and hasn't managed the finances very well has he?

What's depressing is not the fans on here - like me - who can't find it in themselves to talk up SL. What I find depressing is to reflect that it's almost 32 years since I last saw City in the top flight and despite all the raised hopes of a couple of years back, all the thousands of miles and hours and pounds spent supporting the club and willing them to do well, there seems little more chance of a return than there was the day they trooped off against Norwich all those years ago.

I didn't say Coppell's appointment wasn't Lansdown's choice - but be honest: You, me and the rest of city's support were pretty bloody happy when he made it. Check the threads posted here for a reminder.

How you expect Lansdown to foresee something that no-one else did is beyond me....

I didnt say nothing about Copout either, bringing Millen back in after was a mistake though; if a DM or another manager had been brought in they would of had most of the season to sort out.

SL has taken a back seat now and left CS and co running things, but make no mistake he still pulls the strings.

As do CS and co on Dave L the only "link" we have with the clubs suits. They all should be up front now leading our survival struggle but as in the other thread WHERE ARE THEY??

If SL decides to take his £12m + and clear off, the club dies so I hope he doesn't look at this forum and say "thanks for nothing, I want my money back". I still believe that Del will be a good manager given time, look at some of the other recent appointments at other clubs that could have been sacked before they got things right. He needs years not months.

The other managerial appointments apart from GJ have been poor though and it's a shame he seems to listen to the wrong people. Anyone involved with Gloucestershire CCC will tell you that the worst appointment he has made is Colin Sexstone, he precided over a poor period in their history and is being given too much power in one of the worst in ours.

Agree entirely. Considering the eulogizing on here about Lansdowns committment and investment in the club, under him we've spent ?6 yrs trying to get out of league one, had a singular successful season in the championship, 2 where we struggled and now we're off to ground zero again. Stadium..who knows? Very doubtful I'd suggest if we go down with or without a favorable ruling. Investment in players? I'm guessing a ceiling on transfer fees and wages has resulted in the mediocre collection of disinterested journeymen we've managed to put together over the last few years.

Basically he's an accountant, and understands the value of money. I've had several over the years and the one thing they've had in common is their very genuine dislike of taking a risk. He stuck his neck out once, took a risk with Coppell and got bitten.And wound it back in pretty damn quickly.

I respect SL as a businessman but personally believe he's bottled the opportunity he had to take this club to a different level . The rugby club exemplifies this. It's highly unusual to have a deep passion for two different mistresses.

+1 spent all my business career dealing with accountants and *ank managers and they are virtually all the same, they deal in figures and not facts, old enough to remember our 'arry, again a self made businessman, but one who served one mistress outside of Brecknell Dolman and Rodgers, his and ours beloved Bristol City.

The fact Coppell couldn't be bothered to take over straight away was an indicator and bothered me at the time - Lansdown shouldn't have accepted that.....

Its all well and good saying its Lansdown's fault that we are in trouble, but what do you want as the outcome? For him to completely pull out and put us up for sale? Fair enough if you think someone else can come in and finance the club and make some better decisions, but is that realistic?

I agree I was listening to Barry Fry on the radio a few months back and he said Darren Ferguson went to the Peterborough owner with a list of targets and the Peterborough Owner knew all of them including a few players from non-leauge not only that he knew how many games they played how much they cost etc. Do we have that sort of knowledge here at AG I very much doubt it.

The Peterborough owner seems like a football fanatic and they'll do well with him as their sugar daddy. I certainly wouldn't put Steve Lansdown in the category of the Peterborough owner. Steve Lansdown seems the type with with his heart in the right place in wanting to put Bristolian professional sport back on the map but - quite honestly - he seems to know bugger all about how to attract the best people to manage and play for this club. Gary Johnson was an excellent choice of manager at the time but when his time was up Steve Lansdown and Co made a real hash with the appointment of his successor and we've suffered on the pitch ever since.

If our former Chairman Scott Davidson had had Steve Lansdown's money then I'm sure this club would be an exciting place to be at the moment.

The Peterborough owner seems like a football fanatic and they'll do well with him as their sugar daddy. I certainly wouldn't put Steve Lansdown in the category of the Peterborough owner. Steve Lansdown seems the type with with his heart in the right place in wanting to put Bristolian professional sport back on the map but - quite honestly - he seems to know bugger all about how to attract the best people to manage and play for this club. Gary Johnson was an excellent choice of manager at the time but when his time was up Steve Lansdown and Co made a real hash with the appointment of his successor and we've suffered on the pitch ever since.

If our former Chairman Scott Davidson had had Steve Lansdown's money then I'm sure this club would be an exciting place to be at the moment.

Or utterly bankrupt. SD had his own failings. Stalin would be proud of such a revisionist ;)

Anybody heard or seen anything of Keith Millen? I heard a while back that he had done an interview about his time at AG and said there were underlying problems that until were sorted would always cause problems… Or did I dream that?

Too many injuries, too many loan players, no consistent team…

What is going on with Brett? Has he fallen out with everyone? Not much of a team celebration after his goal…Or is something else going on?

Or utterly bankrupt. SD had his own failings. Stalin would be proud of such a revisionist ;)

I thought Scott Davidson did OK as Chairman given that he had no where near the personal wealth of Steve Lansdown. As for Joe Stalin leader of the Red Army, he industrialized Russia and turned it from being a largely backward country into a world super power in less than 30 years. What Stalin did for Russia would be like taking this club from its current lowly Championship position into being Premier League and European Champions. :cool:

Archived