IGNORED

It Starts At The Top!

frenchred

I would start here "FANS AWFULL!!"

Owner: Moved abroad, lacking interest, probably realizes his investment over the years is wasted, now has a new toy with the egg chasers

Board: Clueless, invisible, completely lacking in any customer/fanbase liaison, get a grip, speak out and man up!

Manager: any better then Millen? absolutely no better off than before he left, totally out of his depth, no knowledge of the league we are playing in, crap signings, crap substitutions, crap team

Keepers: One overpaid prima donna and one not good enough (not his fault today though)

Defence: Cant defend! Centre backs not quick enough, full backs not good enough! Foster??? Get back to Jockland

Midfield: No creativity at all, too slow dont help defend, dont do enough going forward, Wide men dont do enough and are too lazy to track back

Attack: Have we got one? Not with this manager!

Our club as a whole have gone backward, we are not good enough from the top down and t he silence is deafening! To many players who dont give a shite, think they are better than they are and earning too much money

Thats it for me

End of the day anyone who thinks it's soley the players and manager to blame is going to follow the club blindly. There are some major issues with this club, maybe it's the City's lifestyle itself, I wouldn't be surprised but at the end of the day there will never be a Premier League club in Bristol until:

The council start backing sports rather than fighting them at every turn

The drinking culture is cut out a lot

​The clubs staff is top notch rather than mostly clueless staff who are here out of sentiment

and

The players we sign actually want to play for the club, not just pick up an easy pay check.

I dont really know what to say to be honest, SL is a fantastic businessman, who would argue with that?

As a football club owner i would put him at non league level

Some of the decsions he has made has been shocking, however we are all human, and humans make mistakes, but the bit i cant understand is why Steve never seems to learn by his mistakes, perhaps he needs a football adviser, just like his clients need a financial adviser in him?

End of the day anyone who thinks it's soley the players and manager to blame is going to follow the club blindly. There are some major issues with this club, maybe it's the City's lifestyle itself, I wouldn't be surprised but at the end of the day there will never be a Premier League club in Bristol until:

The council start backing sports rather than fighting them at every turn

The drinking culture is cut out a lot

​The clubs staff is top notch rather than mostly clueless staff who are here out of sentiment

and

The players we sign actually want to play for the club, not just pick up an easy pay check.

One other point to add is that the players we sign are actually (noticeably) better than those we already have and always give 100%.

Several managers have touted the "we're not going to bring in players unless they improve the squad" but invariably the improvements are marginal or there are none - same old same old. Yes cut the squad numbers but we have to improve the quality of those here if there's to be progression on the pitch.

They have the wonderful advantage of not belonging to the EU so can make their own laws and decide their own immigration policy.

Under English constitutional law, our Parliament had absolutely no legitimate power to give governance to the foreign power that is the European Union project as the EU had not defeated us in war. Thus the signing of the Treaty of Rome, the Lisbon Treaty and all the other EU treaties signed behind our backs by some of our traitor politicians was nothing short of High Treason.

But dont tell Red-Robbo.

Particularly as I might point out that Japan has been in an economic depression for two decades, has a lower GDP per head than the UK and that the Japanese are often accused of racism towards their substantial Korean immigrant minority.

...but what this has to do with football I have no idea.

Lansdown covers are debts every year and we are lucky he does, otherwise we could be worse off than Portsmouth.

Its his HARD EARNED money and everyone is blaming him for not spending HIS money etc.

He has tried to get us a new stadium, signed Coppell up, who was a top manager at getting teams promoted to the Prem, signed Englands no 1 goalkeeper etc.

It's not his fault these all failed!

And he is still here as a backer, he never quit and walked away.

Particularly as I might point out that Japan has been in an economic depression for two decades, has a lower GDP per head than the UK and that the Japanese are often accused of racism towards their substantial Korean immigrant minority.

...but what this has to do with football I have no idea.

Japan still has the world's third largest economy behind the USA and China. The real problem with Japan is that it has the world's fastest aging population and one of the world's lowest birth rates.

Japan still has the world's third largest economy behind the USA and China. The real problem with Japan is that it has the world's fastest aging population and one of the world's lowest birth rates.

Which is suprising as a lot and I mean a hell of a lot of girls sell themselves for shopping trips.

True story.

Surely they age at the same rate as we do, Gobbers ;)

Japan has more than twice the population of the UK. so it's unsurprising it has a large economy.

Which is suprising as a lot and I mean a hell of a lot of girls sell themselves for shopping trips.

True story.

I'd just love to hear George Galloway comment on this thread. He does a great job on Talksport with controversial and topical comments. Now he's trounced the anti working man and lawyer led Labour Party in Bradford he ought to be invited onto here with his opinions. :D

Japan has more than twice the population of the UK. so it's unsurprising it has a large economy.

An extra year for a 50 year old is an extra 2%. An extra year for a 25 year old is an extra 4%. In percentage terms, the 25 year old is aging faster.

On the other hand, the 50 year old is approaching 70 faster.

Quite a paradox really.

(It's a slow day at my house today)

I'd just love to hear George Galloway comment on this thread. He does a great job on Talksport with controversial and topical comments. Now he's trounced the anti working man and lawyer led Labour Party in Bradford he ought to be invited onto here with his opinions. :D

What!

Another bloody Jock???

:doh:

Ok, I ought to re-phrase that - the Japanese live longer and there are more of them. The downside of Japan's success in keeping its people healthy is that the population is unbalanced and becoming more so. At the moment, 23% of the population is over 65 but by 2050, that will rise to 40% in a population shrinking from 127 million to 95 million.

Japan is certainly no 'basket case'. Even with their current economic problems they are still one of the world's leading economies The Japanese are world leaders in micro technology and electronics, their train system is the best and fastest in the world and their education system is second to none. I'd put the Japanese economy as the best and most disciplined in the world.

Ok, you win. :cool2:

Ok, you win. :cool2:

I became interested in Japanese culture and industry and the Japanese economy after owning various ultra reliable Japanese motorcycles and I still have a Japanese Hi Fi - Technics - that still works perfectly after 22 years of use. There was a lot of bad feeling toward the Japanese by my grandparents' generation due to the war but I regard modern Japan as a marvel we can all learn from.

I became interested in Japanese culture and industry and the Japanese economy after owning various ultra reliable Japanese motorcycles and I still have a Japanese Hi Fi - Technics - that still works perfectly after 22 years of use. There was a lot of bad feeling toward the Japanese by my grandparents' generation due to the war but I regard modern Japan as a marvel we can all learn from.

But my British-made Monitor Audio hi-fi is still going after 29 years - including a drop down 12 stairs during a house move, a party which blew up the B&O amp and the time my missus threw a vase of water into the speaker cone during a heated row!

British hi-fi separates beats any jap-crap.

But my British-made Monitor Audio hi-fi is still going after 29 years - including a drop down 12 stairs during a house move, a party which blew up the B&O amp and the time my missus threw a vase of water into the speaker cone during a heated row!

British hi-fi separates beats any jap-crap.

You must be a land owning Toff benefitting from corrupt EU subsidies paid for via my taxes to be able to afford British made hi fi. :D Believe it or not, British made hi fi is very popular in Japan !!!!!! I know that British made Tannoy speakers are very popular in Japan as well as British made valve based amplifiers.

Continuing with World War 2 leaders we have Herr Adolf Hitler that took Germany from the aftermath of World War 1 defeat and the equivalent of Div 2 obscurity in 1918; up to ruling Continental Europe from 1940-44 - the equivalent of Premier League and European Champions; and back down to the equivalent of Div 2 by May 1945 with the total defeat of his 3rd Reich. :icecream:

fimil

Lansdowns only unforgivable decision was offering Keith Millen a 3 year deal. Incredibly misguided, especially the length of deal.

Not really; SL then got rid and he has had to pay for that mistake. it was a mistake giving him the job, period, not the 3 year deal.

Plus, bear in mind, it was a continuation of the deal he was already on albeit, probably, with more money but its not our money is it.

When Coppell walked out we should have recruited another decent manager right there and then... it was effectively the start of the season and with an experienced man at the helm, look at the chap at the gas, we would have more than steadied the ship and probably be light years ahead of where we now find ourselves.

You must be a land owning Toff benefitting from corrupt EU subsidies paid for via my taxes to be able to afford British made hi fi. :D Believe it or not, British made hi fi is very popular in Japan !!!!!! I know that British made Tannoy speakers are very popular in Japan as well as British made valve based amplifiers.

I would hazard a guess that a lot of British Hi Fi contains Japanese or other far-east circuit boards and components. :whistle2:

Apart from maybe the very top end stuff. And even that may not be entirely all 100% UK throughout.

This is much more interesting than discussing the rubbish footie we have to endure! :D

When Coppell walked out we should have recruited another decent manager right there and then... it was effectively the start of the season and with an experienced man at the helm, look at the chap at the gas, we would have more than steadied the ship and probably be light years ahead of where we now find ourselves.

Exactly right, that was the mistake that Steve Lansdown made - he should have immediately recruited another experienced manager when Coppell walked. However, it's still not clear exactly why Coppell walked - did he not like the set up here? Was he unhappy with Steve Lansdown signing David James? Was his transfer purse not big enough?

I would hazard a guess that a lot of British Hi Fi contains Japanese or other far-east circuit boards and components. :whistle2:

Apart from maybe the very top end stuff. And even that may not be entirely all 100% UK throughout.

This is much more interesting than discussing the rubbish footie we have to endure! :D

Radford hi fi made in Ashton Vale Bristol BS3 were world beaters. Quad amplifiers, Garrard decks, SME pick up arms, Tannoy speakers etc - the best in the world during the 1960s along with our music industry in general. All British made with 100% British components. These products were, and still are, big in Japan and the Japanese certainly will not buy crap imports !!!!!!

Exactly right, that was the mistake that Steve Lansdown made - he should have immediately recruited another experienced manager when Coppell walked. However, it's still not clear exactly why Coppell walked - did he not like the set up here? Was he unhappy with Steve Lansdown signing David James? Was his transfer purse not big enough?

Did he not elude to both of those reasons at that q & a session he did in berkshire a few months back? Something to do with interference? Anyway, i will not blame SL for that; any gaffer has to have at least some semblance of gumption and calmness about them not to throw their toys out of the pram at the first instance of an owner giving their 5 pence worth.

Well I own a small back garden with a shed and some redcurrant canes down the bottom! Sadly, Robbo juniors application for Eton has been rejected :laughcont:

PS: I have Technics decks - I was pullin' yer leg!

Well I own a small back garden with a shed and some redcurrant canes down the bottom! Sadly, Robbo juniors application for Eton has been rejected :laughcont:

You were bang on the money though about UK separates... something we still excel in. So many small companies still manufacturing HI FI in the UK it almost makes me wanna cry with pride :englandsmile4wf:

If they're redcurrants they grow on bushes. They could possibly be raspberry canes. I have a row and they're extremely productive, still eating last year's crop.

Did he not elude to both of those reasons at that q & a session he did in berkshire a few months back? Something to do with interference? Anyway, i will not blame SL for that; any gaffer has to have at least some semblance of gumption and calmness about them not to throw their toys out of the pram at the first instance of an owner giving their 5 pence worth.

You make a good point that Coppell should have been tough enough and experienced enough to weather that situation - presumably he didn't want it (BCFC the challenge of making us successful) enough.

But SL's not without fault here - they must have had full discussions during interview and SC was welll known for not liking any boardroom interference in football matters - SC wanted to sign Kitson and Ingermarssen but the board couldn't do the deals , the wages were too high and the board were concerned that both players were at the age where they would have no value at the end of their contract (Trundle scenario)

Coppell accepted this - but soon after Lansdown came to Coppell championing the signing of James - who was both a high wage earner and old, Coppell agreed(SL's the boss!) but on reflection decided that SL had the wrong priorities in wanting a "marquee" signing which was all about look at us we've got Englands No1

Coppell was wrong to quit but probably did us a favour judging by his signing and targets

SL - IMO - made a huge mistake with James . it gave the message out that BCFC can and will pay big wages, his performances havn't made enough difference to justify the wage and I don't think he has put any more on the attendances which was the expectation that people would flock to see a "star"

Archived