IGNORED

It Starts At The Top!

frenchred

If they're redcurrants they grow on bushes. They could possibly be raspberry canes. I have a row and they're extremely productive, still eating last year's crop.

Well spotted. I wondered who'd pick up my deliberate mistake induced by 4 pints of Adnams Broadside. We have raspberry and blackcurrant canes, redcurrant bushes and some strawberries in the borders. I'm too lazy to grow any veg.

Anyway, to get back on track - Steve Lansdown, I'm very glad he's involved in the club. He's hands-off but he underwrites the debt, which gives us an assurance that half of British clubs don't have.

Well spotted. I wondered who'd pick up my deliberate mistake induced by 4 pints of Adnams Broadside. We have raspberry and blackcurrant canes, redcurrant bushes and some strawberries in the borders. I'm too lazy to grow any veg.

Anyway, to get back on track - Steve Lansdown, I'm very glad he's involved in the club. He's hands-off but he underwrites the debt, which gives us an assurance that half of British clubs don't have.

Apologies for being pedantic but blackcurrants grow on bushes as well. They're my favourite in fact and again very productive if pruned correctly. They also make excellent wine.

Apologies for being pedantic but blackcurrants grow on bushes as well. They're my favourite in fact and again very productive if pruned correctly. They also make excellent wine.

Blackberries I should've typed. Great with cookers we get from the two apple trees. I really should employ a proofreader.

You make a good point that Coppell should have been tough enough and experienced enough to weather that situation - presumably he didn't want it (BCFC the challenge of making us successful) enough.

But SL's not without fault here - they must have had full discussions during interview and SC was welll known for not liking any boardroom interference in football matters - SC wanted to sign Kitson and Ingermarssen but the board couldn't do the deals , the wages were too high and the board were concerned that both players were at the age where they would have no value at the end of their contract (Trundle scenario)

Coppell accepted this - but soon after Lansdown came to Coppell championing the signing of James - who was both a high wage earner and old, Coppell agreed(SL's the boss!) but on reflection decided that SL had the wrong priorities in wanting a "marquee" signing which was all about look at us we've got Englands No1

Coppell was wrong to quit but probably did us a favour judging by his signing and targets

SL - IMO - made a huge mistake with James . it gave the message out that BCFC can and will pay big wages, his performances havn't made enough difference to justify the wage and I don't think he has put any more on the attendances which was the expectation that people would flock to see a "star"

Great post Sir, it certainly helps clear the fog surrounding the Coppell era.

Archived