IGNORED

Chucked Out Of My Season Ticket Seat

dziekanowski

I hope the OP is lying. Shocking decision if true.

Firstly, why are adults being kicked out? Surely a letter to tell you that it's going to be a family section, along with a option to move. If you choose to stay, you have to bear in mind it's the family section...

Secondly, why have another family section??! We already have a big family section that caters for families. We don't wanna become a Charlton where the whole ground is full of kids and you don't hear one song!!

Like I said, I hope this is bollox - if not the club has lost the plot. Terrible timing to make such a balls up too.

Very disillusioned with the club at the moment

Riaz the letter says: "From next season this area will be exclusively reserved for families only, i.e. adults accompanied by at least one child."

Couldn't be clearer adults without a child are being kicked out.

Firstly there is no official kids section in the ground - i was told this by a member of the ticketing team.

Secondly have you ever tried to take a substantial group of kids "The fans of the future" to a game at Ashton Gate and not been worried about the language and abuse they might here? yes I know so of you will say its part of going to football. Ok for you it may be but not necessarily for everybody.

My school have been flag bearers on three occasions and this year we were seated in the Atyeo and the foul language from around me was so bad I asked the man to stop. He said go to the family section " There isn't one!!!" If you want the children to go to the game then they need to be able to go in a friendly environment where things like that can be controlled and they will want to comeback again and watch City and not be a Man U Arsenal etc fan.

I think its the right thing - just maybe it hasn't been approached in the right way.

i quote from the letter

' as part of the overall improvements to AG ahead of next season we will be introducing a new family area to the ground. this area will focus on childrens entertainment on this section of the staduim and will include face painting, activities , mascots and match day give aways'

Sounds like what David James does most games

Riaz the letter says: "From next season this area will be exclusively reserved for families only, i.e. adults accompanied by at least one child."

Couldn't be clearer adults without a child are being kicked out.

Disgrace. At the very least the current season ticket holders should be allowed to stay, on the understanding that its going to be a family section.

Firstly there is no official kids section in the ground - i was told this by a member of the ticketing team.

Secondly have you ever tried to take a substantial group of kids "The fans of the future" to a game at Ashton Gate and not been worried about the language and abuse they might here? yes I know so of you will say its part of going to football. Ok for you it may be but not necessarily for everybody.

My school have been flag bearers on three occasions and this year we were seated in the Atyeo and the foul language from around me was so bad I asked the man to stop. He said go to the family section " There isn't one!!!" If you want the children to go to the game then they need to be able to go in a friendly environment where things like that can be controlled and they will want to comeback again and watch City and not be a Man U Arsenal etc fan.

I think its the right thing - just maybe it hasn't been approached in the right way.

The lower section of the dolman is a family stand.

And me Block B Row T. Thank you City for looking after your lifelong fans. Won't renew next season even if we stay up. They will be lucky to get anyone in that area next season if they go down. Whose brilliant idea is this? This has been my seat since the days of the old Div 4. We also have the same problem with our parking space in the Hirerite shed thrown out once again for the Coventry game. You certainly know how to upset your fans don't you City. Think this is the fourth time now this season.

I get what your saying, but c'mon .....these kids here worse on tv and in the play ground.

Ashton Gate atmosphere is shocking these days....and the only thing that would make it worse would be loads of kids and families, all lumped together, with silly hats, hooters and face paint.

16 years or so I've had the same seat in block E of the Atyeo....and if this is the way it's heading in there next season, I won't be renewing in that part.

There may be a need for a family area but block B and C of the Atyeo, where there are substantial numbers of season ticket holders is not the right place.

I was taken to Ashton Gate as a boy and I'm now in my Fifties. My experience was holding on to a spikey railing for two hours with my toes depserately trying to get a grip on a bit of concrete. We didn't have flags to wave (needed both hands to hold the railings). The dockers behind me used language that you would not hear at a Vicarage tea party and the Wills factory workers all around me spent the entire time smoking Woodbines until your eyes hurt.

Well AshtonPhil did it put me off? No it didn't. I have spent thousands of pounds over the years supporting City despite that experience (perhaps the club would like to pay for some counselling or something). Now people want to bring kids along to experience the unique atmosphere of a football match - they will hear 10,000 people questioning the referees parenthood loudly and in unison. Hopefully they will feel the electric tingle of a crowd all wanting their team to win and singing together. They may on occassion see some good football.

If you are bringing groups of kids to wave flags, clap politely, have face-painting then I think you should be taking them to the Brownies (I assume they take boys and girls these days). If you want them to experience football then let them experiuence it.

They may find - like me - that they have years of excitement and fun - and then the club will probably kick them out of their seat in 40-odd years so that kids can sit on comfy cushions or something.

Yeah everyone say's it's a bad move but just think......... 25 years from now there will be adults moaning about the good old days when they used to sit with their Dad/Gramps/Nan /Mum or all of them in the old 'family end'.

God they were goodtimes when you got to intimidate the away team/fans with your family friendly face paint and cheer your team on with chants of

" Derek The Builder......... Can He Fix It........No He Can't "

Happy days being a Family Ender!

:)

The lower section of the dolman is a family stand.

I don't think the lower Dolman has been the family enclosure for about the past 5 seasons or so. In fact when they discontinued it, I'm pretty sure at that time the Atyeo block B and/or C were designated as the new family area with family ticket packages made available. Or did I dream that??

Even so, to turn round and kick out existing ST holders is outrageous and insulting - and about as ill-timed a public relations ****-up as it is possible to imagine any business making.

I don't think the lower Dolman has been the family enclosure for about the past 5 seasons or so. In fact when they discontinued it, I'm pretty sure at that time the Atyeo block B and/or C were designated as the new family area with family ticket packages made available. Or did I dream that??

Whether or not it's an official family area, the lower Dolman is still full of kids. Cracks me up when you hear all those high-pitched voices chanting "the referee's a wan.ker" etc

had a letter from a jayne maggs (ticket office manager) saying from next season block b and c of the atyeo will become a family section, this means any one who does not attend a match will a child will not be able to sit here.

So if i do decide to renew my season ticket then i have to go elsewhere.

if you are the same as me then get ready for your letter

Oh for godsake.

i quote from the letter

' as part of the overall improvements to AG ahead of next season we will be introducing a new family area to the ground. this area will focus on childrens entertainment on this section of the staduim and will include face painting, activities , mascots and match way give aways'

Kill me now. What's the f ** king point?! The Club is staring relegation in the face as we endure shit after shit each week and then they come out with something like this! You couldn't make it up. Face painting...who the f ** k wants that at football?! When I was a kid I didn't want activities I wanted to sit and watch the game with some sweets, give free sweets with each child ticket sold if you want a real scheme!

I genuinely cannot believe this. And the point of swearing, when i went to City as a kid I heard swearing but i knew I wasn't allowed to do it. Besides, you're going to be hearing it a lot every day as soon as you hit secondary school so it's not exactly a long wait! I really do despair with this club at times. Rant over.

I've had the same seat in Block C of the Atyeo for the last 10 years. If they kick me out I won't be going back.

When my kids were Junior Reds, about 20 years ago, they all went in Block G of the Dolman. What's wrong with that now. It always looks empty.

And me Block B Row T. Thank you City for looking after your lifelong fans. Won't renew next season even if we stay up. They will be lucky to get anyone in that area next season if they go down. Whose brilliant idea is this? This has been my seat since the days of the old Div 4. We also have the same problem with our parking space in the Hirerite shed thrown out once again for the Coventry game. You certainly know how to upset your fans don't you City. Think this is the fourth time now this season.

The Atyeo stand wasn't built then.

I'm a member of the FCF and this wasn't discussed at the last meeting (I would have made my feelings known it if it had been as I sit in C block of the Atyeo)

i admire you for your voluntary position as a member of the fcf, but be aware the wording of your reply suggests you consider self interest as a legitimate perk of the position. i am sure this is not the case....

....I'm still in shock that some utter idiot has deemed this a good idea!!

Seriously.....this has to be a belated April Fool ??

Were going to lose a good 2k season ticket holders pre-season.....I know, let's annoy them a bit more, when we don't have to.

The incompetence of the idiots in charge of this club baffles me.

For any of the board or commercial department who read this forum...you are idiots

Even so, to turn round and kick out existing ST holders is outrageous and insulting - and about as ill-timed a public relations ****-up as it is possible to imagine any business making.

The front section of the Dolman (Blocks H to N) and Block B of the Atyeo are family areas according to the on-line seating plan (http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/SeatingPlan/0,,10327,00.html) , and I believe have been for a few years. Difference is that I don't think they have "evicted" anyone before.

There may be a need for a family area but block B and C of the Atyeo, where there are substantial numbers of season ticket holders is not the right place.

I was taken to Ashton Gate as a boy and I'm now in my Fifties. My experience was holding on to a spikey railing for two hours with my toes depserately trying to get a grip on a bit of concrete. We didn't have flags to wave (needed both hands to hold the railings). The dockers behind me used language that you would not hear at a Vicarage tea party and the Wills factory workers all around me spent the entire time smoking Woodbines until your eyes hurt.

Well AshtonPhil did it put me off? No it didn't. I have spent thousands of pounds over the years supporting City despite that experience (perhaps the club would like to pay for some counselling or something). Now people want to bring kids along to experience the unique atmosphere of a football match - they will hear 10,000 people questioning the referees parenthood loudly and in unison. Hopefully they will feel the electric tingle of a crowd all wanting their team to win and singing together. They may on occassion see some good football.

If you are bringing groups of kids to wave flags, clap politely, have face-painting then I think you should be taking them to the Brownies (I assume they take boys and girls these days). If you want them to experience football then let them experiuence it.

They may find - like me - that they have years of excitement and fun - and then the club will probably kick them out of their seat in 40-odd years so that kids can sit on comfy cushions or something.

You bring children to football to give them experiences and try and make them support a real life football team not one they see on TV. Its part of my job to do that as a teacher, i just happen to choose City as I'm a fan and I have a good professional relationship with the staff at Ashton Gate.

No the children shouldn't have to hear all that kind of language and i can assure that they don't hear it in our school playground. That is such a rubbish excuse for kid's using bad language (not for this thread I feel!!!)

Like you I was brought to the Gate 38 years ago as a 7 year old, standing on a box in the enclosure and then by pillar 2 in the East End, so I know what its all about. We have managed to get boys returning regularly to the Gate through what we have done at school, so I make no apology for my stance as the kids are the future of the club, whether you and I like it or not.

There seems to be more and more kids in the EE every week. Bang out of order moving season ticket holders but I won't be complaining when it takes them out of the EE. They get on my bloody nerves! Half of them don't watch the game, they kick coke bottles around by the big kenco coffee pot. One of them was even wearing a man united shirt sat.

Please If you do bring your kid, tell him/her to leave the man u, Chelsea or Liverpool shirt at home.

I would like to know how many families actually go to ashton gate? cant be that many

I think that depends on your definition of a family. I take my son and my mate takes his daughter and that for season ticket purposes classes as a family and we get the kids tickets for free.. As for the generic family with 2.4 kids, I would agree not that many. Having said that my family all go to football and are all in different parts of the ground.

Archived