IGNORED

Chucked Out Of My Season Ticket Seat

dziekanowski

i e mailed donna and David Lloyd replied,dont think he liked my club doesnt care attitude!!think they ought to offer some kind of sweetner if we have to move but still want to fight it even if it is a hopeless fight!!!

Of course the club cares you havent paid for next season yet

There seems to be more and more kids in the EE every week. Bang out of order moving season ticket holders but I won't be complaining when it takes them out of the EE. They get on my bloody nerves! Half of them don't watch the game, they kick coke bottles around by the big kenco coffee pot. One of them was even wearing a man united shirt sat.

Please If you do bring your kid, tell him/her to leave the man u, Chelsea or Liverpool shirt at home.

That was my child!

I'm not bothering with a one-to-one meeting. I paid £12.50 for my ticket for the Coventry game a year ago - a game for which I could now attend for £10. The club have had the use of my money since then. They couldn't be bothered to talk to me properly about their plans for a family area and I am being thrown out of a seat I have occupied since 1994 so they can sell it to someone for £1 a game. The person that buys it will also get "face-painting" and "give-aways".

I would urge all season ticket holders to simply pay match by match next year. There is never a shortage of seats these days (even less likely in league one) and you just have to ring your mates and agree which part of the ground to go in. Or simply pick the most cost-effective each week. You could even sit in block B and C if you can find a neighbour or family members kid who wants to go (only likely to cost an extra £1).

Choice is yours: Pay over the odds a year up front and be taken for granted or go when you feel like it and the club will treat you as a customer. Mr Lansdown can fill the gap in finances that may occur. That might make him realise how badly this has been handled.

I'm not bothering with a one-to-one meeting. I paid £12.50 for my ticket for the Coventry game a year ago - a game for which I could now attend for £10. The club have had the use of my money since then. They couldn't be bothered to talk to me properly about their plans for a family area and I am being thrown out of a seat I have occupied since 1994 so they can sell it to someone for £1 a game. The person that buys it will also get "face-painting" and "give-aways".

I would urge all season ticket holders to simply pay match by match next year. There is never a shortage of seats these days (even less likely in league one) and you just have to ring your mates and agree which part of the ground to go in. Or simply pick the most cost-effective each week. You could even sit in block B and C if you can find a neighbour or family members kid who wants to go (only likely to cost an extra £1).

Choice is yours: Pay over the odds a year up front and be taken for granted or go when you feel like it and the club will treat you as a customer. Mr Lansdown can fill the gap in finances that may occur. That might make him realise how badly this has been handled.

+1

There is no way POTD will work out cheaper if you attend every game.

There is no way POTD will work out cheaper if you attend every game.

That may be. But sometimes I have to work away. Sometimes I am ill. They have reduced the price to £10 on a number of occassions this season (which is below the per match price I pay). I could also decide to stay away if they are losing 3-0 every game. My point is that there is no advantage to paying a year in advance with the current system (especially as the club are preventing me from sitting with the friends I have made over the years).

If I attend every game I may pay slightly more....I can probably break even on a season by not spending £3 on a programme that is full of people apologising for last week's debacle and promising to do better this week.

Unless I can sit in the Atyeo Block B I'm not buying a season ticket and I have spoken to three other peopple tonight who are doing the same and there is a +1 on here. So that's around £1,500 already the club won't have to play with this side of August.

That may be. But sometimes I have to work away. Sometimes I am ill. They have reduced the price to £10 on a number of occassions this season (which is below the per match price I pay). I could also decide to stay away if they are losing 3-0 every game. My point is that there is no advantage to paying a year in advance with the current system (especially as the club are preventing me from sitting with the friends I have made over the years).

If I attend every game I may pay slightly more....I can probably break even on a season by not spending £3 on a programme that is full of people apologising for last week's debacle and promising to do better this week.

Unless I can sit in the Atyeo Block B I'm not buying a season ticket and I have spoken to three other peopple tonight who are doing the same and there is a +1 on here. So that's around £1,500 already the club won't have to play with this side of August.

+ 1

The 2nd letter mentions improvements to the stadium which we should all be excited about.. from emails I have seen its a kiosk for the family area that we are being banned from. I think they are taking the Mickey.

"Look at all the brilliant things we are doing With the money you have given us every season, Shame you won't benefit from it (infact we are splitting the group you have sat with for years up, and destroying the atmosphere.) Tough shit,

Sit down shut up and try to tidy yourself up and look nice you are scaring the children.

yours Guy Exec."

The Email also mentioned an area of seating for visiting community groups, I'd be worried if I sat in block D as what ever group of Brownies, scouts, W.i or "North street Holistic and organic kids Meditation society" they happen to have in for a particular game its unlikey to create the same atmosphere as the current life-long fans.

Sounds like the club have had community meetings with people who don't like football and have created an area of for them. With no consultation to any of the current season tickets and no thought for their feelings.

Its a real Shame.

Maybe, and I am just guessing, by opening ourselves up to the wider community it will ease things when we do eventually move to our new home. Forward planning and all that?

However I feel by catering for 'outside' community groups we are damaging, possibly beyond repair, the most important community group. i guess we don't have all the facts yet, lets see what these exciting plans are.

Maybe, and I am just guessing, by opening ourselves up to the wider community it will ease things when we do eventually move to our new home. Forward planning and all that?

However I feel by catering for 'outside' community groups we are damaging, possibly beyond repair, the most important community group. i guess we don't have all the facts yet, lets see what these exciting plans are.

We have had many conversations about the new stadium, Very pro it. talks of splashing the cash and moving as a group to posh central seats. even corporate boxes. If they must enforce these (in my view awful) "zones" At the new stadium is the time to do it. many people were looking forward to the last game at ashton gate from their seats of 18 years. now thats being taken away.

Segregation is not the way to ingratiate community groups or any other kind of group to football. The club are treating us like a dirty secret that must be hidden at all costs.

Kids - Family area - Safe zone - no such thing !! Even if you have a dedicated area you cannot protect children as much as you would like. There will always be a parent who cannot help themselves swearing during a game because sometimes emotions take over, and no matter how you bring up your children , there will always be kids who will repeat what they have learnt in the playground. The 'totally safe family area' does not exist' .

Unfortunately, the way to attract new young supporters to this club is by having a successful team to watch. The majority of kids today support the team who are winning the Premier League/cups etc. They may come to a City game and get face painted , get sweets and corny stuff like that but when the novelty wears off it will be back to watching Man Utd on the box.The club needs to appreciate that they have to keep hold of the loyal supporters as well because when the others have stayed home to watch Sky Sports on a wet Tuesday night , then it's those supporters who will turn out at the gate to chear the team on no matter what.

I doubt that I will be able to find an equivalent seat to move to with my friends in the Atyeo with as good as view as we have.We would probably have to move to the Dolman but then ticket prices would be too much so it looks like another candicate to add to the list of ' I will not be renewing'.

If we get the new stadium then of course we should have a Family stand , there would be ample space for it especially if we are in league 1. Get the team sorted first.

It will of course vary depending on where you sit but I worked out that with my U21 season ticket in the EE, compared to POTD prices I only had to attend 13 league games for it to be worth it. This is probably the best economical deal of all ST's and I'm not saying they will all represent that value but unless you are going to miss at least 5 games (and probably more) it will not be worthwhile.

The rest of your points I completely understand and I'm not surprised a lot of people will not be renewing following the shite we've been served for so long.

Right fellow Block B and C gang

Does anyone know what is happening now with choosing a new season ticket seat? Can we do this online from Saturday and choose anywhere in the ground?

Had anyone else heard from the club in terms of moving groups of us?

Right fellow Block B and C gang

Does anyone know what is happening now with choosing a new season ticket seat? Can we do this online from Saturday and choose anywhere in the ground?

Had anyone else heard from the club in terms of moving groups of us?

Move to the most expensive part of the ground, you will still pay the same as in the Ateyo according to Dave L on the podcast.

All of this by the club is appalling I for one would be very angry if I had to give up my seat. It is not only about the football but the friends you make who sit around you.

As one of the people that used to help run the City Junior Strikers I always said that the club was wrong in finishing this great club for the kids. There is nothing for the kids at Ashton Gate now on a Matchday. Throwing people out of their seats to make way for face painting is totally out of order. Protest people protest!!!!!

Just to let people know I had an email from Kevin Smith today and the club are now letting fans in Atyeo Blocks B and C stay in their existing seats if they want to...

Letters being sent next week

Some common sense at last!

Just to let people know I had an email from Kevin Smith today and the club are now letting fans in Atyeo Blocks B and C stay in their existing seats if they want to...

Letters being sent next week

I had the same email but in mine it does mention that we have to do the face painting!!!

Archived