IGNORED

Amougou

gordie

Very impressive, his passing was much better today as well. As well as being a sturdy old unit, he's got a brain on him as well, knows when he can get away with the odd pull or push, must be a nightmare to play against, exactly what we needed and we probably couldn't have got anyone much better this late in the season. Not sure about him longer-term, but maybe I'm still traumatised from the Tony Dinning incident!

Seems like he's been around for ages yet he's only 27. Mass International & Championship experience.

He may be a loose cannon and a bit clumsy at times but as others have said he's nasty agressive leader which is something we've lacked before. Got the odd goal in him too.

Free in the summer - sign him up!

Seems like he's been around for ages yet he's only 27. Mass International & Championship experience.

He may be a loose cannon and a bit clumsy at times but as others have said he's nasty agressive leader which is something we've lacked before. Got the odd goal in him too.

Free in the summer - sign him up!

Indeed, Bikey's a nasty aggressive leader that reminds me of King Louis Carey.

Wouldn't make him captain myself, seems like a bit of a loose cannon. Carey would be my captain but if he doesn't play I think we need to sign a few more leaders anyway. Will he still be with us for the game at home to Barnsley by the way?

Carey took a battering at Forest and at his age I imagine he'd struggle to play twice in 48 hrs. We definitely needed a bit of pace at the back, so understand the changes. Pity Fonts took the KISS to its logical conclusion - always playing the ball into touch without considering other options. Stiill take the win etc etc...

He is immense. Another great performance today. Definitely worth considering as a permanent transfer in the summer.

My thoughts exactly!!

IF WE STAY UP I would certainly see how much Burnley would be prepared to deal at...The guy is 4ucking immense, completly unfazed and a competitor!!

If we do sign him are defence would look much stronger than it did at the start of this season and with Gerken in goal maybe we wont have the second worst goal difference in the league. I do agree today his defending was superb and his distrubution wasnt that bad he looked for the pass instead of clearing for a throw and he did this against Forest so it wasnt a one-off.

Sign him up. Most intimidating CB we have had for years. Not afraid to communicate and has a huge kick on him as well, not 100% accurate with his distribution but can hit a 50-60yd diagonal ball with ease.

Yeap, he's exactly what we need. Also, he loves that 60 yard diagonal ball and I bet that he didn't even have to think about hitting it at Reading as I GUARANTEE you that one of their players was running on to it, every time, 100%.

He's probably puzzled as to why we aren't...

Indeed, Bikey's a nasty aggressive leader that reminds me of King Louis Carey.

Carey's never been nasty, or particularly aggressive, and has always lacked the qualities of a true leader. He's a long serving Bristolian who has no doubt always done his best but he has gone missing far too often in embarrassing home defeats like Cardiff and Doncaster to ever merit the tag of a leader of men.

Loanees McManus, and now Amougou have reminded us just how we've suffered from the long absence of uncompromising and combative inspirational leadership and in this respect they're in a different league to Carey.

These players have been a real eye opener to the fact that we've missed an aggressive colossus figure to lead the team for many years and Carey himself has visibly benefited from playing alongside such galvanising temporary colleagues.

Carey's never been nasty, or particularly aggressive, and has always lacked the qualities of a true leader. He's a long serving Bristolian who has no doubt always done his best but he has gone missing far too often in embarrassing home defeats like Cardiff and Doncaster to ever merit the tag of a leader of men.

Loanees McManus, and now Amougou have reminded us just how we've suffered from the long absence of uncompromising and combative inspirational leadership and in this respect they're in a different league to Carey.

These players have been a real eye opener to the fact that we've missed an aggressive colossus figure to lead the team for many years and Carey himself has visibly benefited from playing alongside such galvanising temporary colleagues.

Carey isn't a leader? Tell me you are joking.. Louis Carey is definatley a captain. He shows the most passion, gives instructions to the players and sets the example for them all to follow in terms of effort and determination.

Yet another tediously predictable anti-Carey post, just two days after he put in a superb performance against Florist. Open thee eyes son, as my gramps would've said!

Got to disagree on Carey not being a leader, and while he isn't the most agressive player you will ever see, he is more than most of our players and knows most tricks in the book for being a cb, such as what to do to a striker when they go up for a header and how to get away with it. Others have said Amougou seems he could be a bit of a loose cannon, Carey will keep his head.

This is one of few points where I disagree with you Nogbad. Whilst I agree Carey isn't as aggressive as others such as Amougou he is certainly a leader. He is passionate and whilst he may not shout his head off all game he gets his message across and is often a cool head when you need one, surely a sign of good leadership? Carey has always captained us well and while his career is clearly on it's way out his leadership qualities remain.

Looks like its all been said above !!

Top bloke , nasty big bastard that we have been lacking for years ! With a fit Cisse in midfield and stead up front, sign a decent keeper then we are starting to see a spine of a team !! Anyone like to see fontaine as a fall back ?

King Louis has been extremely nasty and aggressive on plenty of occasions. A nice enough bloke off the pitch but I certainly would not like to be an opposition forward up against a fired up Louis Carey. Bikey complements Louis Carey very well - we might well be about 10 points up on what we are now had we had those two in central defence together this season. I must write also that I far prefer Dean Gerkin in our goal to David James.

Archived