IGNORED

Amougou

gordie

a rock, yes - as mobile as a rock and as soon as teams figure him out he would suffer against quick nimble forwards.

being a beast is something we've been lacking for sure, but being a beast and a good footballer don't always go together. and i dont think this guy is what we need long term.

he's certainly very welcome right now though!

Awsome player... strong, tough tackler, calm under pressure and i completly disagree with ppl saying he cant disstrubute a ball, i think his long passing from the back is far better then foster/macca and killkenny!!

the reason we've looked better at the back is becus hes been there no doubt shud try and buy him full time in the summer, however i dont think burnley will be up for it!!

Yet another tediously predictable anti-Carey post, just two days after he put in a superb performance against Florist. Open thee eyes son, as my gramps would've said!

I think Carey has always had limitations when it comes to leadership, and I see big differences between his ability to inspire the team compared with natural leaders like McManus and Amougou. He was promoted to the Captaincy originally largely due to being Bristolian and (even then) comparatively long serving, and whilst both these things have a certain merit in themselves, and no one would question that he is indeed BCFC through and through, that doesn't mean those things alone are automatically enough.

Unlike you apparently I will never be able to completely ignore him going missing when 'leading' us to those horrific and humiliating home defeats against Cardiff and Doncaster, amongst others, and as I watched him disappear quietly without trace on those ignominious occasions my mind was made up that he was not the on field leader Bristol City required. Would such gutless capitulations have been allowed to happen under a genuine leader like Shaun Taylor? I think not. His face would have been contorted with fury as he bellowed and battled to the end get maximum effort and passion from the team.

Quite obviously you don't agree with my view on Carey, but simply dismissing my previous post as tedious doesn't do you much credit on a discussion forum. However much it may agitate you, I've made a reasonable argument to support my view, and you haven't countered any points I've made to make me think again. Your defence seems to rest solely on the fact that you admire him and you can name a game when I have already agreed he played very well.

You're quite entitled to your entrenched view about Carey, of course, but I remain surprised any City fan can so readily forget the numerous occasions when the team has completely crumbled under his leadership, and when there has been no sign of inspiration, or indeed passion, to be seen from the Captain whatsoever.

I think Carey has always had limitations when it comes to leadership, and I see big differences between his ability to inspire the team compared with natural leaders like McManus and Amougou. He was promoted to the Captaincy originally largely due to being Bristolian

Why would you think that? We've never - in modern history - had a Bristolian manager, why would anyone give a hoot where he was born.

The twonkings you mention in your post involved 11 men playing for us, a number of whom seem to escape your criticisms.

However as I accept you don't rate him, despite the evidence of the fine form he's enjoyed under McInnes - do you think all our players would've come back on the pitch after having two stitches above their eye AND put in a towering performance? - we may as well agree to differ.

At least you don't trot out the "changing room agitator" bollocks that some on here routinely spout.

Think its more to do with his high wages - thats going by a few burnley fans

Yeah he is probably on a Kings ransome...However with the exit door open for so many there will I hope be some money to spread around...This guy is huge, litterally and figuratively, and could/will make a massive difference with fontaine next season..

Solid as a rock. Very good player, just what City needs when Caulker left.

I would always hesitate to give just one player the credit for good team performances, but if we survive in the NPC (which I think we will - just) then a large Thank You will be due to Andre for his contribution since he joined us. He was immense at Forest and just as good v Coventry.

Great combative skills and courage and a real "never say die" attitude has inspired our defence since he came in. That, plus (usually) excellent distribution from him after he has won the ball has made a big difference and mainly explains how we have stopped leaking too many goals over recent games.

Should we sign him up for next season ? Of course - if that is possible.

BTW - anyone know why he changed his surname from Bikey to Amougou ? Just interested.

In some cultures including some British families (Myrie-Williams?) you take the surnames of both your parents. In his case Bikey was from his mothers side and Amougou from his fathers side: André Stéphane Bikey Amougou.

Evidently when he got to Reading they understood his surname was Bikey-Amougou and shortened it to Bikey. It was only when he was at Burnley that he pointed out that if it was going to be shortened, he'd prefer Amougou.

Archived