IGNORED

Referee Shocker!

Lew-T

Well technically he denied Adebayor a clear goalscoring opportunity.

I get that, but I do understand the logic that says you can not have a team score a goal, and then go back to send somebody off for denying the opportunity.

Anyway, 3-1, over now I would think.

The advantage rule is.

the severity of the offence: if the infringement warrants an expulsion, the referee must stop play and send off the player unless there is a subsequent opportunity to score a goal.

Make up your own minds!!!

Seems to suggest that the usual advantage rule doesn't apply UNLESS there's an opportunity to score. But then, as cityexile points out, if that opportunity exists then a red card simply for 'denying the oppotunity' can't really exist. If it was a two footed challnge, for example, could still be a red card, but if it was just pulling a player down then no red card.

Seems to suggest that the usual advantage rule doesn't apply UNLESS there's an opportunity to score. But then, as cityexile points out, if that opportunity exists then a red card simply for 'denying the oppotunity' can't really exist. If it was a two footed challnge, for example, could still be a red card, but if it was just pulling a player down then no red card.

Even though one maybe rash or even caused by the conditions and the other totally calculated.

Yeah I know that rule was scrapped, hopefully they can now go back to the old classic offside rule.. if your offside you are offside.

As Brian Clough used to say - "if you are not interferring with play, what the hell are you doing on the pitch!"

Don't get me started on that blithering idiot!

I really cannot stand him, he's so arrogant and rude to the media people, none of his players can do no wrong. Even Luis Suarez is proven to be racist Kenny still thinks the sun shines out of his backside.

LFC sack King Kenny please. Also he's a bad manager, 20m for Downing, 16 for Henderson and 35 for Carroll is embarrassing. So is struggling to get Liverpool into the top 7 regardless of how well they have done in domestic cups.

I really cannot stand him, he's so arrogant and rude to the media people, none of his players can do no wrong. Even Luis Suarez is proven to be racist Kenny still thinks the sun shines out of his backside.

LFC sack King Kenny please to regain your credibility.

Any other manager who spent so much money on so much crap would have been sacked by now! He is just a paranoid old man.

Archived