IGNORED

Referee Shocker!

Lew-T

Try reading my post. He will have said I want these players but the fee has nothing to do with him.

Yeah regardless of the price, the point is they are not good enough to play for a team that wants top four+. Stewart Downing doesn't have a premier league goal or assist to his name. That is shocking. Regardless of the price paid.

Yeah regardless of the price, the point is they are not good enough to play for a team that wants top four+. Stewart Downing doesn't have a premier league goal or assist to his name. That is shocking. Regardless of the price paid.

Exactly, this proves my point that as a manager he is awful at making signings.

Rooney and Ferdinand? Rooney has a great amount of goals for England, Ferdinand has been great for his 90 odd caps.. Gerrard and Lampard haven't been great though. Anyway this is for another time :laugh:

Disagree with you there. They are both good players, but have failed on the big occasions. The thing is, most of the England players are praised so much in the prem that when they play for the country, they are under a lot of pressure to impress.

I agree they have been poor, Bellamy who was a free has been the best signing.

Pitmans was 18 inches higher.

I thought both Pitmans and Adebayors were about the same height, however the difference was when Pitman made contact the Coventry player had both his feet on the ground, whereas the Tottenham player was kicking ball away so Adebayor only caught him on the foot. If the Tottenham players foot was on the ground, it would have been approx. the same height as Pitmans challenge.

Bellamy, Enrique, Suarez?

Suarez good signing? He's a good player but 18 goals in 50 games, diving, racist which has put a bad light on the club. Questionable.

Jose Enrique has been okay but what's got him off the hook there is he was cheap and Bellamy is a good player as everyone knows.

Carroll, Henderson, Downing, Adam have been very poor.

He said what's he 'ever' done. He is saying he's never been good enough, I agree today he is too old but to say he's not a world class player is laughable.

No, I said he is a Premier league player.what has he ever done in international football.

To be world class you have to prove it against the best players in the world, thats something he has never done.

You have fallen for the hype surrounding him.

I thought both Pitmans and Adebayors were about the same height, however the difference was when Pitman made contact the Coventry player had both his feet on the ground, whereas the Tottenham player was kicking ball away so Adebayor only caught him on the foot. If the Tottenham players foot was on the ground, it would have been approx. the same height as Pitmans challenge.

I think you have answered your own question.

Pitmans was an over the top challenge, he knew it was a red card.

The one from today is seen 20 times a weekend where a player goes to block a clearance and is slightly late.

No, I said he is a Premier league player.what has he ever done in international football.

To be world class you have to prove it against the best players in the world, thats something he has never done.

He has never proven it against the best players in the world? The best players play in Europe and he has won the champions league, was immense when Liverpool beat Madrid 5-0.. He has proved it against the best players in the world.

I agree, in fact when you look back at England over probably the past 15 years or so, Beckham was arguably up to 2002 Englands most consistent performer and since then I cannot think of a player who you would call consistent and that has been our problem far too many players living off of their Premier League performances and not living up to those performances at international level but still keeping their places. Before Beckham we have to go back to Shearer.

I agree, in fact when you look back at England over probably the past 15 years or so, Beckham was arguably up to 2002 Englands most consistent performer and since then I cannot think of a player who you would call consistent and that has been our problem far too many players living off of their Premier League performances and not living up to those performances at international level but still keeping their places. Before Beckham we have to go back to Shearer.

100% agree! Yet people are all too happy to slate Beckham, but accept mediocrity from Gerrard and a whole host of other 'big names'.

100% agree! Yet people are all too happy to slate Beckham, but accept mediocrity from Gerrard and a whole host of other 'big names'.

But Gerrard has shown he is a world class player against the best players via the premier league and champions league.

International football is awful imo, UEFA Champions League is a much more enjoyable competition than the World Cup.

When was the last amazing World Cup game? No idea. Probably before my time which would have been the 1990 World Cup.

But Gerrard has shown he is a world class player against the best players via the premier league and champions league.

International football is awful imo, UEFA Champions League is a much more enjoyable competition than the World Cup.

When was the last amazing World Cup game? No idea. Probably before my time which would have been the 1990 World Cup.

Yeah no disputing that, but he has fallen short for England. He isn't the only one too either. I wouldn't say international football is awful either, it is just few and far between whereas the champs lge/premier lge is every year where as at major tournaments they is a four year wait. Not helped by the divide of supporters of all the prem clubs, man u, liverpool, chelsea, arsenal etc that want rival clubs players to fail etc.

He has never proven it against the best players in the world? The best players play in Europe and he has won the champions league, was immense when Liverpool beat Madrid 5-0.. He has proved it against the best players in the world.

International football and club football are different. IMO he has never ever been close to world class.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

I agree, in fact when you look back at England over probably the past 15 years or so, Beckham

was arguably up to 2002 Englands most consistent performer and since then I cannot think of a player who you would call consistent and that has been our problem far too many players living off of their Premier League performances and not living up to those performances at international

level but still keeping their places. Before Beckham we have to go back to Shearer.

Very true, I'm really struggling to think of any other England player( other than the two you mention)that has shown true class over the last 25 years.

Gazza in 90, but then struggled after that,Waddle in 90.

Archived