IGNORED

So How Did You Come Up With Your User Name

Craven arms

Forest Of Dean Barmy Army

There are a surprising number of Cideredz in the Forest who regularly follow City home & away

FOD Barmy Army have chapters in Coleford, Cinderford , Lydney , Chepstow ,Caldicott , Magor, Monmouth, Ross on wye, to name but a few and we are the front line against the rise of the likes of Cardiff & Swansea

The chant of FOD BARMY ARMY has oft been heard in away pubs...and long may it continue

Jolly Cobbler Pub

My local from about age 15-25, a ten year period from 1975-85, this was a RED oasis in the heart of sag country in Kingswood. Surrounded by sag pubs but we RULED. So many great nights in that scruffy ole boozer.

Grew up just over the hill from the Cobbler. Was too young to venture in at that time so never did. Was always warned that I'd get my head kicked in as it was a bit rough. Probably nonsense hearsay.

Wasn't until I was about 17 in the early nineties that I ever went it. Was nice to have a City pub in the locale.

Grew up just over the hill from the Cobbler. Was too young to venture in at that time so never did. Was always warned that I'd get my head kicked in as it was a bit rough. Probably nonsense hearsay.

Wasn't until I was about 17 in the early nineties that I ever went it. Was nice to have a City pub in the locale.

Chiphouse, Lees Hill, or Pound Rd ? During the time I have alluded to it was indeed very rough, the Landlord had to be, how shall I put it, a robust individual :laugh:. We had many run ins with the Archer down the hill and the odd "visit" from the Star. It was one of those pubs whereby if you were one of the boys and or supported City you were safe as houses, I grew up in Yew Tree Drive just around the corner and as you may have gathered a fanatical City fan, so I was ok.

Chiphouse, Lees Hill, or Pound Rd ? During the time I have alluded to it was indeed very rough, the Landlord had to be, how shall I put it, a robust individual :laugh:. We had many run ins with the Archer down the hill and the odd "visit" from the Star. It was one of those pubs whereby if you were one of the boys and or supported City you were safe as houses, I grew up in Yew Tree Drive just around the corner and as you may have gathered a fanatical City fan, so I was ok.

Grew up in Caddick Close, just off Pound Road. Most people in the immediate vicinity drank in the Anchor or the Tenniscourt. Never liked it so used to ride my motorbike out to the Crown on the A46 near the M4. Real ale, log fires. God knows how many miles I rode pi55ed. Naughty boy.

I remember being out with my brother one day in his car - he crashed it into a lamp post in Yew Tree Drive - happy times :)

Were you a Deerswood or St Stephens man?

Jolly Cobbler Pub

My local from about age 15-25, a ten year period from 1975-85, this was a RED oasis in the heart of sag country in Kingswood. Surrounded by sag pubs but we RULED. So many great nights in that scruffy ole boozer.

Yo the Cobbler ! thats why i am the Mask, The Kingswood mask, need one round here for all the sags, Strangely i now live in Dragon Country BS5......

Grew up in Caddick Close, just off Pound Road. Most people in the immediate vicinity drank in the Anchor or the Tenniscourt. Never liked it so used to ride my motorbike out to the Crown on the A46 near the M4. Real ale, log fires. God knows how many miles I rode pi55ed. Naughty boy.

I remember being out with my brother one day in his car - he crashed it into a lamp post in Yew Tree Drive - happy times :)

Were you a Deerswood or St Stephens man?

St Stephens, and then, drum roll, Grange School For Boys......another sag enclave, I was knocked from pillar to post at that school because of my love for the mighty reds. I sometimes wonder if my pure unadulterated hatred for those pond life sag c***s is childish or somehow immature, I mean my own children are more adult than me when it comes to the sags, but considering my formative years supporting City, and living in Kingswood is it any wonder??

St Stephens, and then, drum roll, Grange School For Boys......another sag enclave, I was knocked from pillar to post at that school because of my love for the mighty reds. I sometimes wonder if my pure unadulterated hatred for those pond life sag c***s is childish or somehow immature, I mean my own children are more adult than me when it comes to the sags, but considering my formative years supporting City, and living in Kingswood is it any wonder??

I was at St Stephens then Kingsfield. About 30% City I would guess. Certainly no fear of violence.

I was at St Stephens then Kingsfield. About 30% City I would guess. Certainly no fear of violence.

Good old safe Kingsfield, no problem supporting City there, I am starting to get a sense of culture about you CR, whereas there was no culture evident at the Grange School For Thugs, as it was affectionately known......... :-)

Good old safe Kingsfield, no problem supporting City there, I am starting to get a sense of culture about you CR, whereas there was no culture evident at the Grange School For Thugs, as it was affectionately known......... :-)

Blox toss pot, i survived the Grange and still have the scars to prove it ! CTID, but then maybe yer younger ?

Kingsfield was a good school, however much I didn't think so at the time. I left Bristol at 18 years old and, although my family and friends are still there, my memories of life there are pretty much my school time, growing up and finding my feet. The kingswood area around Pound Road was a was a great place to grow up then - I think people are less affectionate about it now.

Blox toss pot, i survived the Grange and still have the scars to prove it ! CTID, but then maybe yer younger ?

:laugh:, me too bro, it was not easy being a city fan around the mean streets of kingswood, I used to frequent the Kingswood YMCA wearing a city shirt loud and proud............ now that was character building......!!

Ahh the grange! Was full of gas when I was there, but no violence as we had our little group of city fans. Didn't like it there one bit!

:laugh:, me too bro, it was not easy being a city fan around the mean streets of kingswood, I used to frequent the Kingswood YMCA wearing a city shirt loud and proud............ now that was character building......!!

Weird. Its not the Kingswood I remember, albeit my key years growing up were 1982 to 1993 when I headed of to Uni.

I lived in my City shirts and never got any grief, apart from the odd bit of abuse. I didn't wear them in any pubs but a bit of common sense seemed to pay off.

Kingsfield was a good school, however much I didn't think so at the time. I left Bristol at 18 years old and, although my family and friends are still there, my memories of life there are pretty much my school time, growing up and finding my feet. The kingswood area around Pound Road was a was a great place to grow up then - I think people are less affectionate about it now.

Indeed it was a good school, hence my "culture" remark, Kingswood now is a s**t hole, but funnily enough is much more red than it was back in the day. But then again Bristol as a whole is more red than it was, and I for one drink to that. The sooner those sorry blue pikey nomarks sink into oblivion the better.....ooooops that was a bit immature, its talking about the old cobbler days, takes me right back there.

Indeed it was a good school, hence my "culture" remark, Kingswood now is a s**t hole, but funnily enough is much more red than it was back in the day. But then again Bristol as a whole is more red than it was, and I for one drink to that. The sooner those sorry blue pikey nomarks sink into oblivion the better.....ooooops that was a bit immature, its talking about the old cobbler days, takes me right back there.

At least you found a decent place to drown your sorrows in the early eighties. Must have cost a small fortune at the bar.

Weird. Its not the Kingswood I remember, albeit my key years growing up were 1982 to 1993 when I headed of to Uni.

I lived in my City shirts and never got any grief, apart from the odd bit of abuse. I didn't wear them in any pubs but a bit of common sense seemed to pay off.

The years that I am talking about 75-85 were bad years for football, hooliganism was at its height, and as always if you looked for it, certainly in Kingswood, you got it. I was slightly of that persuasion I have to admit but as you say a bit of common sense and all would have been fine.

Sod that ! Essex Arms, Cider army, had a good bunch up there yet all the lads thought it was a rovers pub, something to do with the rovers shop down the road, lots of City and Rovers but all knew each other...Proper Pub, no grief ever !!!

Sod that ! Essex Arms, Cider army, had a good bunch up there yet all the lads thought it was a rovers pub, something to do with the rovers shop down the road, lots of City and Rovers but all knew each other...Proper Pub, no grief ever !!!

I hated the Essex, City fans with mates who were Rovers fans went in there, not me, never associated with rovers fans ever. Gladys and her parrot were gas...........!!

For some reason I thought of Pongo the Pirate - a character from a very old childrens TV programme. I've since realised that this is not really a good choice as I don't really want anyone to think I support the Gas (i.e the pirates). Too late to change now

Archived