IGNORED

Fa Cup

Has just lost all its magic.

1. Not last game of the season.

2. Not at 3 o'clock

3. Its not sunny.

4. 4th in the Premier league gets you into the champions league and but winning the oldest and greatest club cup in the world does not.

Im watching itv's coverage and it just doesnt feel right at all. so so sad that this has happened the the once glorious fa cup final day. i really hope the fa change it next season. the fa cup is special so should be treated that way.

In my younger day it was the stuff that dreams were made of,the whole country stopped.

It was screened live by bbc and itv, it was a day long tv event starting at 10am.

Every kid dreamed of lifting that cup, to a large degree it was better than winning the title.

I agree that the FA cup has lost the appeal it once had,and sadly i dont ever forsee the magic ever returning.

Its a total farce why the cup final is now played before the end of the league season, wouldnt be suprised to see clubs fielding a 2nd string team in the final soon

RIP The Fa Cup

Oh wow I didn't realise it was on today! I knew there was some fuss about it being on a Saturday but didn't realise it was moved forward. I thought the FA cup was starting to get back to its old ways a few years ago but the OP is spot on.

In my younger day it was the stuff that dreams were made of,the whole country stopped.

It was screened live by bbc and itv, it was a day long tv event starting at 10am.

Every kid dreamed of lifting that cup, to a large degree it was better than winning the title.

I agree that the FA cup has lost the appeal it once had,and sadly i dont ever forsee the magic ever returning.

Its a total farce why the cup final is now played before the end of the league season, wouldnt be suprised to see clubs fielding a 2nd string team in the final soon

RIP The Fa Cup

Totally agree, so many childhood memories of FA cup finals. The whole family sitting round the tv watching. I think Grandstand used to start about 10.30 in the morning,Cup final it's a knockout:), the players at there hotels etc etc.

Then after the game they would all be drinking there pints..........of milk in the bath!!.

After the game all of us kids would be in the nearest park recreating the game we had ALL watched.

My 2 lads will probably be on there x box etc instead today, there just isn't the same interest since tv companies decided we should have a live game every day.

Are there two more loathsome clubs right now?

Despite Abramovic, Terry, Cole and diving-sensation-Drogba I think I want Chelsea to win over Suarez, Dalglish, Gerrard, Bellamy and Liverpool fans in general.

I'll probably have every plastic scouser on to me now!!!!

I can't stand Liverpool or their deluded fans!

I want Chelsea to win the champs league not just because they are English but because it would be so satisfying watching them get in the champs league over 4th place. Then hopefully it will be a lesson to teams over obsessing with coming 4th rather than trying to win a trophy like the FA cup.

Football at the highest level isn't football anymore! It is a business. I fear that due to the money involved with coming in the top four the FA cup will just get worse and worse.

Are there two more loathsome clubs right now?

Despite Abramovic, Terry, Cole and diving-sensation-Drogba I think I want Chelsea to win over Suarez, Dalglish, Gerrard, Bellamy and Liverpool fans in general.

I'll probably have every plastic scouser on to me now!!!!

I was just asking myself who I'd prefer to win. And I'm not sure.

If Man Utd were to replace either of the teams in there, I'd probably want united to win. And that sickens me.

A booking? 'A little high'? Jesus, it was a few centimetres of the ground and a split second late. What is wrong with modern football? They might as well outlaw physical contact.

On another subject, no wonder everyone buys foreign if Jordan Henderson is the cream of the country's young talent. Dear oh dear.

A booking? 'A little high'? Jesus, it was a few centimetres of the ground and a split second late. What is wrong with modern football? They might as well outlaw physical contact.

On another subject, no wonder everyone buys foreign if Jordan Henderson is the cream of the country's young talent. Dear oh dear.

+1 Such an overrated player.

He isn't the cream though is he? It's not his fault he is rubbish and a clueless paranoid mess of a manager in 'king kenny' is prepared to pay way over the odds for him and a load of other useless clowns!

He isn't the cream though is he? It's not his fault he is rubbish and a clueless paranoid mess of a manager in 'king kenny' is prepared to pay way over the odds for him and a load of other useless clowns!

spot on. Fcking hate dagliesh, he should of been sacked 2 months ago. but no he's untouchable

I was thinking exactly the same on both counts.

Henderson reminds me of Jones at Man Yoo, both massively over priced and over rated.

Archived