IGNORED

Fa Cup

An incredible piece of luck changed that game. The deflected clearance could have gone anywhere. Credit to Carroll though, he made Hell of a difference. Chelsea had it so easy for so long they just couldn't get out of 2nd gear. Why they didn't bring on Torres for the almost anonymous Kalou I'll never know.

As for the header, I don't see how anyone can say that was conclusively over the line.

Dull final on the whole only livened up in the last half hour.

OK folks I'll admit it. Until seeing this thread I had forgotten the Cup Final was on. It has been so played down by the authorities & top clubs. I only watched the last 20 mins.

No the ball did not completely cross the line for Liverpool's diputed shot / goal, so the score is correct.

Today though proves that we fans have had OUR game stolen from us by high ups in the game and sold to the highest bidders.

The only pleasure I had from the game was seeing the fans, despite seats being provided standing behind the goals.

As i said goal. Who put those goals up. Shoddy. Ref ans assistants should have spotted it before the match and pulled it up to the groundsman.

It has caused the assistant to call what he has seen as a correct decision, but it wasn't. Clear as day on the replay during the game.

Oh well never mind. Cheer up kenny.

Jones will become a great centre half. It's different when you have ex pro's who played at the highest level calling a player a future England and Man Utd captain. Henderson doesn't even have many ex pro's as fans.

If I spent 20 million I would expect a top class player NOW! Jones hasn't got it to be a great anything.

In real time my gut reaction was a goal but it was tight. And even seeing the replays you can't tell 100% yet.

And that's why I don't want goal line or any other

Kind of technology in football.

That game would have been stopped for 5 minutes whilst another human being looked at 20 different camera angles, just to come back with "it wasn't a goal".

Leave the game as it is.

That game would have been stopped for 5 minutes whilst another human being looked at 20 different camera angles, just to come back with "it wasn't a goal".

Leave the game as it is.

That would only be true if it were stills camera technology. There are enough alternatives that would be able to tell if the ball crossed the line instantly - just see any tennis match.

That would only be true if it were stills camera technology. There are enough alternatives that would be able to tell if the ball crossed the line instantly - just see any tennis match.

That has been trialed already in leagues abroad and didn't work, it was found that when there are goalmouth scrambles ( for instance) there are to many feet,legs,bodies on or near thegoal line for the tennis technology to work.

The same with technology "inside" the ball,the frequency was easily interrupted by thousand of mobile phone,radios etc in the crowd.

Leave the game as it is.

Turn back to June 2010, when you first saw the reply of lampards goal against germany.. how did you feel??

That has been trialed already in leagues abroad and didn't work, it was found that when there are goalmouth scrambles ( for instance) there are to many feet,legs,bodies on or near thegoal line for the tennis technology to work.

The same with technology "inside" the ball,the frequency was easily interrupted by thousand of mobile phone,radios etc in the crowd.

I'm sure they can come up with something like a sensor in the ball etc that makes it clear whether the ball was in or not. It is coming and it it is essential at the highest level for me.

I'm sure they can come up with something like a sensor in the ball etc that makes it clear whether the ball was in or not. It is coming and it it is essential at the highest level for me.

A sensor was tried, it has to work on some kind of frequency.Or perhaps not :) I don't know really but I don't want the game changed.

A sensor was tried, it has to work on some kind of frequency.Or perhaps not :) I don't know really but I don't want the game changed.

Things move on and change in this instance will be good when they get it right. They will know instantly and it won't add on time etc.

How come tennis technology isn't disrupted by the hundreds of mobiles, radios etc?

I just think this technology hasn't really ben explored enough. Fifa have been totally half-arsed about it. Easier to do nothing, is always their motto.

Archived