IGNORED

Fa Cup

Things move on and change in this instance will be good when they get it right. They will know instantly and it won't add on time etc.

It would though, the whole thing would be a farce, they would have to wait for a stoppage in play before it was looked at. What happens to the time play carried on? What happens if a player was booked during this period, and most of all, what happens if play carries on and the other team goes up the other end and scores!!!

The whole game would become a farce.

It would though, the whole thing would be a farce, they would have to wait for a stoppage in play before it was looked at. What happens to the time play carried on? What happens if a player was booked during this period, and most of all, what happens if play carries on and the other team goes up the other end and scores!!!

As the technology they are testing, the decision is instant. Apparently they have sensors around the goal posts and as soon as it crosses the line, a wristband on the referee vibrates to indicate its a goal.

Why will it be good?

Knowing everything removes the unpredictability of it all. The ref is there for a reason, ditto the linesman. They make the call, its up to the teams to do something about it rather than whine and mew that they didnt get what they deserved.

Bringing in Goal Line tech like that will just help make football bland and uniform, to a greater degree. No more discussions, no great comebacks, no capitulations following a 'dodgy' decision, just utter dullness.

The reason it gets so prominent is because of 'money', no more no less. It's a sham

it will be good as there shouldn't be a debate as to whether the ball is over the line.

You can debate a million things in football like whether it was a foul or a penalty etc because that is fairly subjective but with goals, the ball is either in or not.

Nearly everything with football is related to money these days so not really bothered whether this is or not. FIFA are idiots to taking so long for mucking around with it.

The only thing really to discuss is how far it filters down the leagues and whether more technology will come in for the future. Personally I wouldn't like to see any more than goal line right now.

Again, there would be no stoppage. Instant decision for ref.

My only thought on it is, to get back at Chelsea for there fans ruining the recent Hillsborough minute silence.

how many liverpool fans have you ever seen at an england away game? i can honestly say I've not seen a single one. Their fan base has always had a strong irish component, and ever since the Thatcher years (for all i know, possibly before), scousers have employed a siege city mentality blaming the rest of the country (rightly or wrongly, not my place to weigh in on politics) for the massive decline the city went through in the 80s.

Goal line technology is a must, but I do fear it's the thin end of the wedge

exactly, when does it stop? throw ins? the byline? penalty area?

There shouldn't be any technological difference between the prem to the grass roots football.

Why would goal-line technology mean byline/penalties? It's simple goal-line hence the name.

Picture the scene, the ball is over the dead ball line( the lino misses it but cameras dont)but is crossed in for a striker. The striker ( like yesterday) heads it towards goal but no one is sure if it had gone in.

When looking at the goal attempt it's noticed the ball had gone out of play before it had been crossed. So what are you going to do now???

This is why we say that once you go down the technology route it's going to get stupid, where will it end? Robots as linesman!

Picture the scene, the ball is over the dead ball line( the lino misses it but cameras dont)but is crossed in for a striker. The striker ( like yesterday) heads it towards goal but no one is sure if it had gone in.

When looking at the goal attempt it's noticed the ball had gone out of play before it had been crossed. So what are you going to do now???

This is why we say that once you go down the technology route it's going to get stupid, where will it end? Robots as linesman!

It will end as goal-line technology..?

Then what about dives for example, a much more common occurrence

Dives will always be in the game. Diving is cheating but so much cheating goes on these days. When a ball goes out for a throw-in and a player appeals for it when they clearly know it isn't there's, that is cheating. It's part of the game now sadly.

No it won't though, once they bring one thing in, it will open it up to all sorts.

Anyway, I don't think it will come in.

Whose paying for it for 92 league clubs and about another 3 to 400 non league clubs?

They have said it will be in for the start of next season and it will consist of goal-line technology only. Also it will only be installed in the top leagues.

They have said it will be in for the start of next season and it will consist of goal-line technology only. Also it will only be installed in the top leagues.

No they haven't, there's been no decision what so ever. Your making it up now.

And if they do ever bring it in it will have to be for all pro football. I ask again, whose paying for it?

No they haven't, there's been no decision what so ever. Your making it up now.

And if they do ever bring it in it will have to be for all pro football. I ask again, whose paying for it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17725886

The vice-chairman of FIFA said it should be in for next season when interviewed on sky sports. The decision on who pays for is unanswered but i'd suggest the FA's of each league/country.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17725886

The vice-chairman of FIFA said it should be in for next season when interviewed on sky sports. The decision on who pays for is unanswered but i'd suggest the FA's of each league/country.

Oh sky sports, there's a surprise!! They run football now do they. ( they think they do)

The facts are, they haven't even trialed it yet, our FA our doing a trial in the Hampshire Senior cup final on May 16th.

They have to take into acount test on tv cameras,mobile phones,weather conditions,lcd advertising boards etc etc.

The results will not be known untill later in the year.

Of course,then you will have to have another referee who will decide if the ball crosses the line,I await the same disagreements on whether he is right or wrong!!!!!!!!

This is the English FA, all this will still have to be sanctioned by uefa and fifa.

Still think it will be in for the start of next season?

Oh sky sports, there's a surprise!! They run football now do they. ( they think they do)

The facts are, they haven't even trialed it yet, our FA our doing a trial in the Hampshire Senior cup final on May 16th.

They have to take into acount test on tv cameras,mobile phones,weather conditions,lcd advertising boards etc etc.

The results will not be known untill later in the year.

Of course,then you will have to have another referee who will decide if the ball crosses the line,I await the same disagreements on whether he is right or wrong!!!!!!!!

This is the English FA, all this will still have to be sanctioned by uefa and fifa.

Still think it will be in for the start of next season?

If the top blokes at FIFA say it is likely then I don't see any reason to think otherwise.

If the top blokes at FIFA say it is likely then I don't see any reason to think otherwise.

Because, no one knows if it will work properly.

Otherwise they would announce it IS coming in.

Imagine putting it in place and finding it doesn't actually work properly, that wouldn't be funny would it ;)

Archived