IGNORED

Willem Ii

Apologies but......iv read through this thread and can't see anyone explain wat the actual link is between the 2 clubs and how it was formed. I am from the younger generation and would be intrested to kno

Like I Said, apologies if this has bin posted. All I can see posted is that our hooligans r friends with their hooligans (which I'm sure isnt the offical link!)

From their forum:

QUOTE (Bench @ Jun 15 2009, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep I have been over to Tilburg before.

Coming over this season with my Mrs and will look to watch a couple of games from Thursday to Monday and fly from Bristol to Eindhoven/Amstedam and return via Amstedam.

t Laar ... now I now what it was called. Locals were fine and very friendly when I mentioned I support Bristol City as quite a few have visited previously. Also drank in a place next door to the ground which I think was a tennis club?

Shall seek out De Beitel next time over.

We even have two flags in our ground about Bristol City. Some Willem II fan has a girlfriend in Bristol and every year people from Willem II go to Bristol and people from Bristol come over to Tilburg. This year there was quite a big group visiting the match against ADO. Here is the flag that the Bristol guys took with them. I guess it's some kind of hooliganflag:

QUOTE (1896 @ Jun 14 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We even have two flags in our ground about Bristol City. Some Willem II fan has a girlfriend in Bristol and every year people from Willem II go to Bristol and people from Bristol come over to Tilburg. This year there was quite a big group visiting the match against ADO. Here is the flag that the Bristol guys took with them. I guess it's some kind of hooliganflag:

You guessed right. I read about Bristol City - Willem II which is why I thought with a friend I would see what the Willem stadion was like [smallish, compact and really quite good]. Likewise there are occassinally Willem II flags seen at Ashton Gate and quite a few Pubs in nearby Bedminster sport Willem II scarfs, flags, stickers etc.

Don't think I will ever get used to football played on sundays.

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Bench @ Jun 15 2009, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You guessed right. I read about Bristol City - Willem II which is why I thought with a friend I would see what the Willem stadion was like [smallish, compact and really quite good]. Likewise there are occassinally Willem II flags seen at Ashton Gate and quite a few Pubs in nearby Bedminster sport Willem II scarfs, flags, stickers etc.

http://footballgroundguide.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=18375&st=30

I#m not sure how it started, but there's a good link there. Fanatic Red is a prat.

I wanted to post this but didn't want to look stupid

+1

Does this add to the running total or is this a new total started. If so the score so far is old total +1 new total +1.

When adding your + or - please state clearly for which total you would like to add to.

+1

Does this add to the running total or is this a new total started. If so the score so far is old total +1 new total +1.

When adding your + or - please state clearly for which total you would like to add to.

If you -1 and your on on -2 it clearly ='s -1..

Warnings/bans can be issued for the following reasons (though not limited to):

Short/Pointless replies

It was a short question, that people still haven't really answered :)

Willem in some play off cup thingy, do I care?

To be honest, no, not really, I didn't know about it, I suspect many of those who jumped down fr's throat didn't know either, showing they don't really care either.

Oh well never mind. Any chance for a argument otib and people to dust off their warrioring keyboards ;)

Ok so I see there is a link but still don't understand why or how? How come no-one can explain if its such a big deal?

Like I said before , apologies if iv missed something!

I did read it somewhere but have forgotten it. IIRC either a couple of City fans went there or vice versa because of some minor connection and the trip was enjoyed leading to a return trip and so it goes on. It isn't a big deal, just an informal link-up by some of the fans becuase of which there is a passing interest on City boards in the fortunes of Willem II. I was interested to hear that they're in the play-offs and will look out for the result.

Ok so I see there is a link but still don't understand why or how? How come no-one can explain if its such a big deal?

Like I said before , apologies if iv missed something!

The link is that a small group of City fans, who I believe rarely if ever post on this forum, but who do frequent one of the grown up City forums, have over the years become matey with a group of like minded Willem fans, this link originating, I believe, from a chance meeting between a small number of them. There is no official link between the two clubs, just between the two sets of fans, which is really, if you are into fan led support rather than club driven diktats, what makes it such a special relationship, so far as those like minded fans are concerned.

Each year for a small number of games some Willem fans come over, meet up with their City buddies in pubs such as the Lions, have a laugh in the East End, etc etc, in other words just become regular City fans for the day, and each year a number of City fans make the return visit.

Oh and, it seems, a number of posters on here, who probably have little if any involvement in this unofficial connection, have become a bit precious about it.

The link is that a small group of City fans, who I believe rarely if ever post on this forum, but who do frequent one of the grown up City forums, have over the years become matey with a group of like minded Willem fans, this link originating, I believe, from a chance meeting between a small number of them. There is no official link between the two clubs, just between the two sets of fans, which is really, if you are into fan led support rather than club driven diktats, what makes it such a special relationship, so far as those like minded fans are concerned.

Each year for a small number of games some Willem fans come over, meet up with their City buddies in pubs such as the Lions, have a laugh in the East End, etc etc, in other words just become regular City fans for the day, and each year a number of City fans make the return visit.

Oh and, it seems, a number of posters on here, who probably have little if any involvement in this unofficial connection, have become a bit precious about it.

Perhaps del boy should arrange a friendly between the two clubs? :icecream:

I see , ok makes sense . Thanks for the explanation.

Must say being a city fan since 2000 (24 now) and a regular reading of the forum in that time I was never aware . Perhaps its bin posted here before, if so I must have forgot/never read the topic .

I have heard that due to the link between the clubs fans the willam fans sing some city songs at their games... (unsure whether this is true) also heard that den hag have a connection with swansea. (also unsure whether this is true)

Think that is true from when they signed Ferrie Bodde from them.

Must say being a city fan since 2000 (24 now) and a regular reading of the forum in that time I was never aware . Perhaps its bin posted here before, if so I must have forgot/never read the topic .

Keep your eyes peeled, you'll see a Willem II flag at some games.

Lot of things go past this forum but if you go in west streets pubs on a matchday or the EE you will see willem II flags. miners or lions used to have a flag outside the pub.

Archived